What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.63 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If all goes well with the firmware upgrade from 380.62_1 to 380.63 beta2. Do you really need to reset the unit?

I have the RT-AC68U A1 for 2,5 years now and in this time I have reset it once (despite I must have flashed it a hundred times by now :p). The one time I reverted to factory defaults, was when it was necessary, because ASUS changed the partition sizes. I never had a single problem with this unit. Sometimes I have it running without reboot for like 6 weeks and then only disconnect it because of a new firmware. :)

I can't flash the file RT-AC87U_380.63_beta2-ge58aeb2.trx on my RT-AC87U. I've tried seven times now with the same result. It says "Please wait, Applying Settings..." and after a while a new, smaller window appears, slowly counting from 0% to 100% with this message below:

"Firmware upgrade unsuccessful. This may result from incorrect image or error transmission. Please check the version of firmware and try again."

Once it reaches 100% the router automatically reboots, and afterwards my firmware is the same as it was before, 380.62_1.

I've tried re-downloading 380.63 beta 2 from different mirrors and flash it using different web browsers and from two different computers. One using WiFi and the other a wired connection.

(strangely enough, I can't flash using my android phone, as all web browsers on it insist on asking me to choose a sound recording app whenever I click "Choose file")

If all goes well with the firmware upgrade from 380.62_1 to 380.63 beta2. Do you really need to reset the unit?

No, there was no low-level changes, unless you have issues collected from a much older upgrade.

Beta 2 fixed the webinterface. :)

But IPv6 via the HE tunnel is not stable anymore. The connection is lost after a couple of minutes. :(

Beta 2 now working great on my AC87U as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This may be a stupid question, but:

Is there a way to limit bandwidth to specific clients but keep QoS (adaptive or traditional) ?

Another thing I did play around with, after setting the 68u to HTTPS I did find that........
If you use chrome and Avast AV going into Avast Web Shield and unticking scan HTTPS allows it to run much better.
But should run with HTTPS in Avast unticked? Hmm....

Works great on my AC87U, but even with a restore of the JFFS, I cannot get DNSCrypt running. Do I need to do a restore and a new setup?

Works great on my AC87-U, but even with a restore of the JFFS, I cannot get DNSCrypt running. Do I need to do a restore and a new setup?

What doesn't work? I have it running on mine?

What doesn't work? I have it running on mine?

Happened when I sat up the "Windows 10 tracking" script too, but a restore of the JFFS fixed it. Tried that now too, but my DNS isn't hidden even though. Upgraded from 380.62_1.

Last edited:
I updated to to latest 63_beta2, from 62.1. The update was different, from previous fw updates (have only used Merlin's). After fw was loaded, a message stating "manually reboot router" was on screen, and I was unable to do anything, until I did reboot at the router. The AC88's GUI was slow, after reboot. I waited a few minutes and reentered router webpage, and GUI reacts quickly!
Activated QoS, and charts are visible and working.
I tested IPv6 (comcast), and I am unable to get an IPv6 address, which I was able to get automatically. All settings are same in router (native, stateless, DHCP-PD enabled). Previously I saw, and ticked box, with Merlin's comcast fix, yet I am unable to locate said box.
EDIT:
as for the "manually reboot router" pop up I previously mentioned, I just realized Merlin stated that fact on first page = PEBKAC, due to failure to read :rolleyes:

Last edited:
@john9527 Thank You!
I see that now, only difference, it no longer states "comcast fix".
Unfortunately, Ticked or not, I am unable to get an IPv6 address.
I will attempt another reboot of modem and router, and try to get IPv6 working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!