What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.63 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
AC56U
RT-AC56U_380.62_1 upgrade to RT-AC56U_380.63_beta2
Traditional QOS

QOS Statistics page is blank. The new traffic monitor pages seem to be working properly. So far everything else seems Ok.

N66U IPv6 is flaky. I don't use it but just to test it out, I enabled IPv6 passthrough and the router's wifi seemed to drop in and out. IPv6 native option seemed fine.

AC56U
Traditional QOS

QOS Statistics page is blank. The new traffic monitor pages seem to be working properly. So far everything else seems Ok.
This page requires the Adaptive QoS to work, but it is not entirely your fault as this is not made quite clear in the page itself.

This page requires the Adaptive QoS to work, but it is not entirely your fault as this is not made quite clear in the page itself.

No, that page also works with Traditional QoS, I've tested it.

AC56U
Traditional QOS

Open your browser console, and post any Javascript error you are seeing.

No, that page also works with Traditional QoS, I've tested it.
Aha, truth is I use a custom QoS script. Which I disabled trying to see if this page is working with Traditional QoS. All I get is a blank, no javascript error whatsoever. The page works if I use the Adaptive QoS and that is why I assumed that it works only with it previously.

Open your browser console, and post any Javascript error you are seeing.

[cycle] terminating; zero elements found by selectorjquery.cycle.all.js:28:3
JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed, version 1.4.1jquery-migrate.min.js:2:542
DARLA notice: 510combo:32:24371
XenForo.activate(%o) [object HTMLDocument]xenforo.js:223
"flash url: http://www.snbforums.com/js/swfupload/Flash/swfupload.swf"attachment_editor.js:7:292
Attachments changed, total files: 0, images: 0attachment_editor.js:14:30
XenForo.init() 253ms. jQuery 1.11.0/1.2.8-devxenforo.js:209:316
"Handler function threw an exception: TypeError: this.transport is null
Stack: DSC_send@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://devtools/server/main.js:1411:5
NEA_addSecurityInfo@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://devtools/server/actors/webconsole.js:2151:5
NetworkResponseListener.prototype._getSecurityInfo<@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://devtools/shared/webconsole/network-monitor.js:495:5
exports.makeInfallible/<@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://devtools/shared/ThreadSafeDevToolsUtils.js:101:14
NetworkResponseListener.prototype.onStartRequest@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://devtools/shared/webconsole/network-monitor.js:444:5
Line: 1411, column: 5"ThreadSafeDevToolsUtils.js:80
"Handler function threw an exception: TypeError: this.transport is null
Stack: DSC_send@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://devtools/server/main.js:1411:5
NEA_addSecurityInfo@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://devtools/server/actors/webconsole.js:2151:5
NetworkResponseListener.prototype._getSecurityInfo<@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://devtools/shared/webconsole/network-monitor.js:495:5
exports.makeInfallible/<@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://devtools/shared/ThreadSafeDevToolsUtils.js:101:14
NetworkResponseListener.prototype.onStartRequest@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://devtools/shared/webconsole/network-monitor.js:444:5
Line: 1411, column: 5"ThreadSafeDevToolsUtils.js:80

[cycle] terminating; zero elements found by selectorjquery.cycle.all.js:28:3

Post the console content after opening the QoS Statistic pages, not after loading the forum page. Those errors are not related to the router's web interface.

Aha, truth is I use a custom QoS script. Which I disabled trying to see if this page is working with Traditional QoS. All I get is a blank, no javascript error whatsoever. The page works if I use the Adaptive QoS and that is why I assumed that it works only with it previously.

What I basically do is a dump of the existing tc classes for interface eth0, then I match it against the existing QoS labels. A custom script would probably have a different (shorter or longer) list of classes, which could be where it would break.

https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin/blob/master/release/src/router/httpd/data_arrays.c#L669

What I basically do is a dump of the existing tc classes for interface eth0, then I match it against the existing QoS labels. A custom script would probably have a different (shorter or longer) list of classes, which could be where it would break.

https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin/blob/master/release/src/router/httpd/data_arrays.c#L669
That would explain why I see nothing. Even with my custom scripts disabled, the tc classes are created on interface ppp0 which is the correct thing to do for a PPPoE connection that I'm using. The adaptive qos creates them always on eth0 and can somehow detect the marked packets even when they're encapsulated with ppp headers inside the Ethernet packet. Anyway, this is the issue, a hardcoded eth0 won't work with PPPoE and traditional qos.

As I am am thinking about it, the decision of which wan interface to use should be a little more complex, these 2 nvram variables should help:

wan0_gw_ifname=ppp0
wan0_pppoe_ifname=ppp0

Those are set in my system as you see.

Post the console content after opening the QoS Statistic pages, not after loading the forum page. Those errors are not related to the router's web interface.

Sorry about that. I did open and refresh the QoS Statistic page on a separate tab from the forum page. The forum page errors must have be left over. I cannot seem to get any JS error output from the router QoS Statistic page. Tried in both Firefox and Chrome. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

In Firefox, Developer->Web Console-> console->JS->warnings while refreshing the QoS Statistics page gives:

unreachable code after return statement [Learn More] help.js:40

No JS errors, just that warning is all I've been able to come up with. Maybe I'm still doing something wrong.

@RMerlin I'm having problems with VPN.
I have enabled everything in the server but once connected I'm unable to surf the web or my home LAN.

Also got the router flooded with this:

Nov 3 17:21:45 openvpn[963]: client/181.228.237.173:53519 Authenticate/Decrypt packet error: cipher final failed
Nov 3 17:21:46 openvpn[963]: client/181.228.237.173:53519 Authenticate/Decrypt packet error: cipher final failed
Nov 3 17:21:47 openvpn[963]: client/181.228.237.173:53519 Authenticate/Decrypt packet error: cipher final failed
Nov 3 17:21:50 openvpn[963]: client/181.228.237.173:47589 [client] Inactivity timeout (--ping-restart), restarting
Nov 3 17:21:50 openvpn[963]: client/181.228.237.173:47589 SIGUSR1[soft,ping-restart] received, client-instance restarting
Nov 3 17:21:50 openvpn[963]: client/181.228.237.173:53519 Authenticate/Decrypt packet error: cipher final failed
Nov 3 17:21:50 openvpn[963]: client/181.228.237.173:53519 Authenticate/Decrypt packet error: cipher final failed
Nov 3 17:21:51 openvpn[963]: client/181.228.237.173:53519 Authenticate/Decrypt packet error: cipher final failed
Nov 3 17:21:52 openvpn[963]: client/181.228.237.173:53519 Authenticate/Decrypt packet error: cipher final failed
Nov 3 17:21:52 openvpn[963]: client/181.228.237.173:53519 Authenticate/Decrypt packet error: cipher final failed

Note: I'm unable to roll back to the working 380.62_1 because I wont be at home for a long time. So any way to remotely solve it will be great. (Yeah, my bad not testing it before leaving)

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

As I am am thinking about it, the decision of which wan interface to use should be a little more complex, these 2 nvram variables should help:

wan0_gw_ifname=ppp0
wan0_pppoe_ifname=ppp0

Those are set in my system as you see.

I'd have to check if Asus uses these when generating the tc rules and classes.

unreachable code after return statement [Learn More] help.js:40

This is normal. This is a function that is currently "disabled" by the presence of a return call at its start.

What type of Internet connection do you have (DHCP, PPPoE, Beeline's VPN, etc...)?

Also, post the output of this command, run over SSH:

Code:
tc -s class show
tc -s class show dev eth0
tc -s class show dev br0

I have enabled everything in the server but once connected I'm unable to surf the web or my home LAN.

Recheck your configuration at both end, nothing has been changed in OpenVPN.

Recheck your configuration at both end, nothing has been changed in OpenVPN.
True, my bad! [emoji28]

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

What type of Internet connection do you have (DHCP, PPPoE, Beeline's VPN, etc...)?

DSL, PPPoE

Also, post the output of this command, run over SSH:

Code:
tc -s class show
tc -s class show dev eth0
tc -s class show dev br0

Running these commands after logging into router via SSH produces no output.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!