What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.63 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck IPv6 has been broke for me on my 3100 a few builds ago it simply will not get an address. Older firmware works fine. If they don't come up with a fix time to switch router vendors.

@Kal-EL my ipv6 had been working with & up to 62.1 on my 88 (just lucky). On test-ipv6 I was getting 10/10, prior to fw update, & then site was returning a 4/10, until I reset both modem & router, now getting 7/10. I am now getting an ipv6 address, although the ipv6 address is not being utilized as the preferred.
Other than this IPv6 issue, this fw is working well (in my home environment).

Last edited:
@Kal-EL my ipv6 had been working with & up to 62.1 on my 88 (just lucky). On test-ipv6 I was getting 10/10, prior to fw update, & then site was returning a 4/10, until I reset both modem & router, now getting 7/10. I am now getting an ipv6 address, although the ipv6 address is not being utilized as the preferred.
Other than this IPv6 issue, this fw is working well (in my home environment).

Like you said not the preferred. That is what is called broke. I don't know how else to look at it. It either works 100% or its broke bottom line.

Hooking any computer I own directly to the modem and IPv6 works perfectly as soon as I put the Asus router back in the mix it's broke again.

I can't flash the file RT-AC87U_380.63_beta2-ge58aeb2.trx on my RT-AC87U. I've tried seven times now with the same result. It says "Please wait, Applying Settings..." and after a while a new, smaller window appears, slowly counting from 0% to 100% with this message below:

I got this too. I just scp the .trx file into /tmp/ on the router then ran

mtd-write -i /tmp/file.trx -d linux && reboot

I got this too. I just scp the .trx file into /tmp/ on the router then ran

mtd-write -i /tmp/file.trx -d linux && reboot
Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately it didn't work. If I try to copy the flash file to /tmp/, it says "cp: write error: No space left on device".

Code:
Filesystem           1K-blocks      Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/root                45184     45184         0 100% /
devtmpfs                127740         0    127740   0% /dev
tmpfs                   127844      5924    121920   5% /tmp
/dev/mtdblock4           64256      2008     62248   3% /jffs
/dev/sda              30237560  11721800  16979760  41% /tmp/mnt/Flashdrive

Any command I try after that, even reboot, results in the error "-sh: can't fork" and I have to power cycle the router to get it working again.

After that I tried using mtd-write with the flash file on the usb drive, which revealed that there's no such command. I tried using mtd-write2 instead (?), which resulted in the error "-i: File is too small (0 bytes)".

Successfully up and running on Beta 2 with both RT-AC68U (GUI worked without issue with Beta 1) and RT-N66R (which had issues with Beta 1). Thanks for the super fast turnaround.

RT-AC68U Updated from 380.59 to 380.63b2
Linux Firefox

No problem

Just installed this beta on both my N66-Us. Vanilla set ups. No issues at all. IPv6 still 10/10 as it has been for previous Merlin versions.

using 363_beta1 and got this in sysinfo.....so, firewall rules not working from script?
Code:
Nov  1 18:56:44 rc_service: service 2753:notify_rc restart_firewall
Nov  1 18:56:44 start_nat_rules: apply the nat_rules(/tmp/nat_rules_ppp0_eth0)!
Nov  1 18:56:45 custom script: Found firewall-start, but custom script execution is disabled!

using 363_beta1 and got this in sysinfo.....so, firewall rules not working from script?
Code:
Nov  1 18:56:44 rc_service: service 2753:notify_rc restart_firewall
Nov  1 18:56:44 start_nat_rules: apply the nat_rules(/tmp/nat_rules_ppp0_eth0)!
Nov  1 18:56:45 custom script: Found firewall-start, but custom script execution is disabled!
From the error message, it appears that you may need to simply re-enable the ability to execute custom scripts under Administration => System.

Good luck IPv6 has been broke for me on my 3100 a few builds ago it simply will not get an address. Older firmware works fine. If they don't come up with a fix time to switch router vendors.
I agree my ipv6 hasnt worked for a few updates now it was always finicky to begin with but has definitely gone from finicky and working to not working at all. I have reset to defaults cleared nvram but hasnt worked so I turned it off for now just using IPV4 until its fixed. I also have tried the comcast fix on and off and also the new release prefix on exit on and off... I use native setting and have comcast xfinity internet in chicago burbs. I also can connect my modem Arris SB6183 directly to any pc and get ipv6 every time on linux and windows 10 devices. ASUS RT AC5300 FW:380.63_beta2-ge58aeb2

Last edited:
RT-N66R on Beta 2 with no problems. Not running QOS. IPV6 using 6RD. I really like the traffic graphs!

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately it didn't work. If I try to copy the flash file to /tmp/, it says "cp: write error: No space left on device".

Code:
Filesystem           1K-blocks      Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/root                45184     45184         0 100% /
devtmpfs                127740         0    127740   0% /dev
tmpfs                   127844      5924    121920   5% /tmp
/dev/mtdblock4           64256      2008     62248   3% /jffs
/dev/sda              30237560  11721800  16979760  41% /tmp/mnt/Flashdrive

Any command I try after that, even reboot, results in the error "-sh: can't fork" and I have to power cycle the router to get it working again.

After that I tried using mtd-write with the flash file on the usb drive, which revealed that there's no such command. I tried using mtd-write2 instead (?), which resulted in the error "-i: File is too small (0 bytes)".
Write it to the /tmp/mnt/Flashdrive

you have lots of space there.

Write it to the /tmp/mnt/Flashdrive

you have lots of space there.
I did, but regardless whether I put it on /tmp/mnt/Flashdrive or /mnt/Flashdrive, I get the same mtd-write2 error I quoted. No idea if the firmware file specifically has to be in /tmp/, or if it's something else causing this and the inability to flash this beta firmware.

Will try later this week when I have the time to reset the router to factory default and see if it works flashing.

I did, but regardless whether I put it on /tmp/mnt/Flashdrive or /mnt/Flashdrive, I get the same mtd-write2 error I quoted. No idea if the firmware file specifically has to be in /tmp/, or if it's something else causing this and the inability to flash this beta firmware.

Will try later this week when I have the time to reset the router to factory default and see if it works flashing.
I am not a linux expert but it seems that its complaining about space to write the new firmware instead.
somebody with more knowledge about the subject would have to comment about that one.

I am not a linux expert but it seems that its complaining about space to write the new firmware instead.
somebody with more knowledge about the subject would have to comment about that one.
Yep, it's very confusing. I understand that /tmp/ is allocated dynamically in RAM, which is quite limited on a router. But right now it has > 100 mb free memory and the .trx file is less than half that size.

And as you wrote, copying it to the usb stick should work even if the file doesn't fit in /tmp/.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!