What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.65 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually my issues still exists only in chrome (Even on 56) - monitor is 2560 x 1440:
widescreen.png

When I start narrowing the browser width by dragging the right edge in, eventually it will snap back in place. Start dragging it back out, it will break out again like seen above.

Firefox does not have this issue.

@RMerlin Is it possible to make firmware change log to show all changes since the version of firmware the router has to the latest. For example, if I am on 380.65 Beta 1 and check for upgrades, I will see Beta 3 and change log from Beta 2 to Beta3 not from Beta 1 to Beta 3. It would be nice to have the router to show all changes but it's not an important thing to do. I normally keep an eye on your posts on change log anyway​

@RMerlin Is it possible to make firmware change log to show all changes since the version of firmware the router has to the latest.

No. That would make things really complicated for no good reason, and increase the amount of server traffic to silly levels as you would need to download the entire changelog every time to figure out what portion needs to be displayed. The Changelog.txt file is still there if you need to go back multiple releases.

Beta 3 (Jan 27th):
Some security updates came out this week, so I decided to delay the final release to have another round of test with these updates in place, just to be safe.

Changes since Beta 2:

Code:
   - CHANGED: Updated openssl to 1.0.2k
   - CHANGED: Updated tor to 0.2.9.9
   - FIXED: Webui layout was broken under Chrome 56
   - FIXED: miniupnpd errors at boot time about missing chains.
            Also streamlined miniupnpd stop/start events during
            boot, there are fewer of them now.

OpenSSL has been known to break stuff on new releases in the past, hence the need to be cautious :)

Many thanks for the quick fix for Chrome.

Regards

Flashed beta 3 on my AC68U.
After flashing the router didn't came up.
No internet, no routing, no portal but only SSID publishing. Static ip could connect (no routing) dhcp requests are refused.
Need to power off the device in the hope it fixed. It did. So it works again.
All other things are ok for me.

Too big CPU utilization.
With previous firmwares all good.
I think this is connected to L2TP.
2017-01-28_13-56-33.png

Similar screenshot with version 380.64_2
2017-01-28_14-41-28.png

Last edited:
Flashed beta 3 on my AC68U.
After flashing the router didn't came up.
No internet, no routing, no portal but only SSID publishing. Static ip could connect (no routing) dhcp requests are refused.
Need to power off the device in the hope it fixed. It did. So it works again.
All other things are ok for me.
Tried flashing 380.64U2 Alain and than did an upgrade to 65b3
NO ISSUES :)

380.65 Beta 3 still is giving me issues with clients' list going haywire. Clients showing and disappearing. Flashing back to 380.64_2 fixes the list and the smaller clients (printers, scanners, echo, harmony etc.) work again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

380.65 Beta 3 still is giving me issues with clients' list going haywire. Clients showing and disappearing. Flashing back to 380.64_2 fixes the list and the smaller clients (printers, scanners, echo, harmony etc.) work again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What browser did view it on? Did you try a different browser?

What browser did view it on? Did you try a different browser?

I've tried Chrome, Safari, and Edge. It's not browser related as something is actually happening to those clients in which they aren't found on the network sporadically. It's been reported with Asus stock 4180 as well. I hope this can be figured out soon.

The function "Infected Device Prevention and Blocking" --> "Alert Preference" where you enter the email address to send the alerts is not working on my RT5300, I never get the email alerts, am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to reset this option to make it work, thanks

Too big CPU utilization (on N66U).
With previous firmwares all good.
I think this is connected to L2TP.

Similar screenshot with version 380.64_2
Any chance to go to Telnet and type top to see what are the processes with top CPU usage? :rolleyes:

In my case it's Transmission:
Mem: 128544K used, 126608K free, 5528K shrd, 2156K buff, 48668K cached
CPU: 0.0% usr 5.0% sys 0.0% nic 45.0% idle 50.0% io 0.0% irq 0.0% sirq
Load average: 1.14 1.10 1.11 2/84 18804
PID PPID USER STAT VSZ %VSZ CPU %CPU COMMAND
2216 1 admin S 93348 36.4 0 5.0 transmission-daemon -g /opt/etc/transmission
1780 1 admin S 8184 3.2 1 0.0 httpd -i br0
822 1 admin S 7616 2.9 0 0.0 watchdog
1 0 admin S 7548 2.9 0 0.0 /sbin/preinit

I've tried Chrome, Safari, and Edge. It's not browser related as something is actually happening to those clients in which they aren't found on the network sporadically. It's been reported with Asus stock 4180 as well. I hope this can be figured out soon.

Are you in AP/Router mode? just curious as am in AP mode and not sure if there are any benefits in upgrading?. Also which Asus model?

Forg
Just out of curiousity, for those having the issue with scanners with the new firmware, how many of you have Trendnet active on the router? I have not tested this yet, but was wondering if it could be causing issues.[/QUO

Forget this one. I actually tried the "new" firmware with a factory reset (trendnet disabled). It still has the same issue with scan communications over wireless not working. I guess I'll have to wait until ASUS updates the core firmware that Merlin builds off of...hopefully no major security flaw will make itself felt before then.

I've reported the issue both the ASUS and to Brother, but have no idea if anything will ever be resolved on that front.

The function "Infected Device Prevention and Blocking" --> "Alert Preference" where you enter the email address to send the alerts is not working on my RT5300, I never get the email alerts, am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to reset this option to make it work, thanks
You have enable "allow less secure apps" in Sign-in & Security of your google account.
https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin?elo=1

Or do you mean it was working for you and it's now broken?

I had that issue before. Sound they broke it again. Does it show up in the wireless log?

To those having the "scanner issue": is there a consistent way to reproduce it, or is it just random?

I'm not seeing the problem on my RT-AC3200 with 380.65_beta3.

I had that issue before. Sound they broke it again. Does it show up in the wireless log?

I see the devices in the wireless log, but the client list keeps refreshing showing 23, then 5 then 12 then 2 devices and I can't find my printers and other devices when I search or try to print or access them. I feel it's a uPnP issue introduced in 4180, but I don't know what the exact issue is and what's triggering it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!