What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.67 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Code:
nvram get dhcp_staticlist

Code:
nvram set dhcp_staticlist="what you saved from the previous command"

Wow great! Thanx! And any info about dual wan? May be someone wrote that it finally works or it doesn't work at all?
I know you don't touch it but is there any chance you could have an eye on it to find a problem? I am more then sure that there is some stupid mistake Asus did in watchdog and ping to internet feature..

Because that parameter doesn't do anything under Linux (which is what your router is based on). It's a hack that only works when the OpenVPN client is running on Windows.

Using Exclusive OpenVPN mode will do just the same thing - all port 53 connections will be redirected to the DNS server specified by your tunnel provider, so long you don't have exclusion rules preventing this from happening, and so long your client does not have IPv6 enabled (which would bypass the VPN altogether for any IPv6 traffic).
This is an option that effects the Windows client running under Windows 10. It has nothing to do with the server or that it is running under Linux.

The issue is a problem with how Windows 10 now handles things with DNS. How the server is configured is moot.

And any info about dual wan? May be someone wrote that it finally works or it doesn't work at all?

Depends on who you ask. For some people it's working great, for others it's quirky, and for others it doesn't work at all.

I don't even want to try to understand how the Dual WAN code works, as it's a complete mess.

This is an option that effects the Windows client running under Windows 10. It has nothing to do with the server or that it is running under Linux.

I'm referring to people using the router's OpenVPN client. The post mentionned policy routing, which implies it's running the client on the router, not the server.

Because that parameter doesn't do anything under Linux (which is what your router is based on). It's a hack that only works when the OpenVPN client is running on Windows.

Using Exclusive OpenVPN mode will do just the same thing - all port 53 connections will be redirected to the DNS server specified by your tunnel provider, so long you don't have exclusion rules preventing this from happening, and so long your client does not have IPv6 enabled (which would bypass the VPN altogether for any IPv6 traffic).

Thanks for you answer merlin, but I think you missunderstood my situation:

I am not using any vpn provider, my asus router is the vpn server and the client is the windows 10 maschine. I know that this options only works on windows 10, I read the git hub thread about how that option was invented :) But there is no other easy way to tell windows only to use the tunnel dns server.. :(

After adding the 'push "block-outside-dns"' to the server config, I dont have any problems. But windows 10 maschines are widly spreed and I am sure others have the same problem :)

I have a bunch of Asus routers, two of them is 88U. One 88U bought from the US and one bought in Sweden (allowed WIFI channels differ) but no problem with 5Ghz. I have them set to 80Mhz width and the only thing I've changed is turning off AirTimeFairness. I have no drop-outs with any of them or the other Asus routers. 5Ghz is stable as a rock. I should mention that I run all of them as accesspoints if it matters on some way.

As I stated, it does not happen to all AC88Us. I can say that all the people complaining of the 5Ghz channel dropping are not using their routers in AP mode so that is probably why you are not seeing it.

As I stated, it does not happen to all AC88Us. I can say that all the people complaining of the 5Ghz channel dropping are not using their routers in AP mode so that is probably why you are not seeing it.
might be a bug in ap mode, i have a gui but on my 87u in ap mode.

Could it be the same with 68U?
For some reason it drops Wifi speed to ~1Mbit and only way to get it back is to disconnect device from WiFi and connect back. Easiest to do via disabling Wifi on device and re-enabling it back. I also have 5GHz set in 20/40/80 mode. When i had N66U, it was set on 40MHz-only mode.
I should add that location is a house (quite radio-transparent) and there are no other 5GHz networks in vicinity i can detect, only detected some weak 2.4GHz (below -80dBm) networks from neighbouring houses.
i think so, im going to try just using 40mhz for a few days to test. ive tried every combo/ setting but my 5ghz devices keep dropping off. all my 2.4 clients have been up for 48 hours. 1 of my 5ghz has stayed up for 48 but the other 3 have dropped many times.

i think so, im going to try just using 40mhz for a few days to test. ive tried every combo/ setting but my 5ghz devices keep dropping off. all my 2.4 clients have been up for 48 hours. 1 of my 5ghz has stayed up for 48 but the other 3 have dropped many times.
Are the devices that drop connections ipads and/or iPhones? I have not experienced the issues with my AC88U. But according to this article, some settings may cause issues with those devices:
https://www.rickygao.com.au/blog/tuning-the-asus-wireless-router-to-best-performance/

Add "auth no-cache" to your configuration.
Do yoг mean "auth-nocache"? Is it works for earlier builds?
I have the same problem with "SIGTERM[soft,auth-failure] received, process exiting". My network configuration: provider -> modem -> router(AC68U). Randomly my provider down and up his connection with changing outside ip address. OpenVPN client on my router trying reconnect but due to different outside ip address it can't with "SIGTERM" message. If I manually press button "turn VPN on" then all works ok.
auth-nocache and keepalive not help. Current installed build is 380.66_6

Having some niggles on qos.(i run adaptive but this did happen on bandwidth limiter too)
I will set it to what i want and usually after a day or two (sometimes sooner) it will not register the correct bandwidth on dsl reports.
I sometimes change in game on fifa because its not playing well..
Usually just a change from fq-codel to sfq or vice versa.
Apply and then the router hangs and reboots kicking me out of the game.
I test a lot and have noticed dsl reports showing the correct figures after the reboot.

I dont think this is my isp as the AC88U is after the isp router.
The reboot certainly isnt.
My set up is isp router first running in dmz to the ASUS.
Asus runs everything from there.

@john9527 did you end up having any luck porting over the new IPSet changes?

Anyone has dual wan working on this beta in failover mode?
Mine is not working at all. Router doesn't see that primary wan is down..

@RMerlin is it possible to backup just ip adresses and names manually assigned to my network clients? May be factory restore will help to fix dual wan but i have more then 40 clients with ip's fixed on router's side.
No, on this firmware, the dual van functions do not work as expected!
The one that stands now at me (380.66_6 is the firmware to be in the deep alpha testing !!!!) normal work 2 van is possible only RT-AC88U_380.65_beta3 on all the others it works with errors and with sharp speed I did not write here once merlin He simply unsubscribed and led the conversation in general in another topic, writing about some kind of cable when it comes to the dips of firmware! On the photo there are 2 gigabit channels in the balancing mode! I'm probably the one who tests it all at such speeds! Everyone else forgot probably that asus sells these routers as gigabit ones!

Attachments

• Снимок4.PNG
    Снимок4.PNG
    175.3 KB · Views: 715
No, on this firmware, the dual van functions do not work as expected!
The one that stands now at me (380.66_6 is the firmware to be in the deep alpha testing !!!!) normal work 2 van is possible only RT-AC88U_380.65_beta3 on all the others it works with errors and with sharp speed I did not write here once merlin He simply unsubscribed and led the conversation in general in another topic, writing about some kind of cable when it comes to the dips of firmware! On the photo there are 2 gigabit channels in the balancing mode! I'm probably the one who tests it all at such speeds! Everyone else forgot probably that asus sells these routers as gigabit ones!
Did you test alpha 4 yet?

Are the devices that drop connections ipads and/or iPhones? I have not experienced the issues with my AC88U. But according to this article, some settings may cause issues with those devices:
https://www.rickygao.com.au/blog/tuning-the-asus-wireless-router-to-best-performance/

It is not the devices dropping the connection but rather the AC88U having the 5Ghz SSID just suddenly disappear and all connected clients are dropped. The router LEDs and router logs show the 5Ghz network is still active and broadcasting however the client devices can't see it anymore in the list of WiFi networks. That post, while informative, is old and not based on current Apple device WiFi compatibility. I use a lot of Apple devices and Rokus and this happens with all of them. It is definitely a router firmware bug or a sensitivity issue with certain clients when using 80Mhz wide channels - which could be my Apple iDevices or Rokus.

Did you test alpha 4 yet?
Yes tested this firmware RT-AC88U_380.67_beta4 !!! Absolutely not working version of the merlin firmware in recent times more shaking over its server vpn nezhele pays time for the normal operation of routers! Performance is constantly understated and this is the main function of the router (to drag gigabit channels and to withstand a huge load in balancing!)

It is not the devices dropping the connection but rather the AC88U having the 5Ghz SSID just suddenly disappear and all connected clients are dropped. The router LEDs and router logs show the 5Ghz network is still active and broadcasting however the client devices can't see it anymore in the list of WiFi networks. That post, while informative, is old and not based on current Apple device WiFi compatibility. I use a lot of Apple devices and Rokus and this happens with all of them. It is definitely a router firmware bug or a sensitivity issue with certain clients when using 80Mhz wide channels - which could be my Apple iDevices or Rokus.
I concur with your comment about the post being old and not based on current Apple device WiFi compatibility. I have plenty of iPads, iPhones and one MacBook in my household and don't have any issues with those settings referred to in the article.

I did have issues with the 5Ghz band on the third AC88U I purchased. The LED went dark when I flashed it with the latest stock FW after purchase. The Web GUI never gave me drop down list for channels. I tried every suggestion on saw on the net to fix. Stock FW, Merlin FW, hard reset, nvram clear...But never could get it working. I ended up returning it to the store. They sent it back to ASUS for me and I got a new one in return. Based on the net searches I did, I believe there are some batches of AC88Us with bad 5Ghz radios. Other than the one I had to return, they have been real solid for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!