What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.67 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
qos_options.png

pingplot.png

Did you set the time correctly in the router, as in daylight saving zones.
It is actually happening the same with me for quite some time now...
In my case I have "1.172 Updated : 2017/05/25 21:13" even after reboots and power cycles!

It is actually happening the same with me for quite some time now...
In my case I have "1.172 Updated : 2017/05/25 21:13" even after reboots and power cycles!
Reads the right date in my 88u, did you factory reset?

Good afternoon Erik! Pay more attention to testing the performance of the asus rt88u router
On the new firmware version!
In particular as regards HW acceleration! On firmwares 380.67 beta2
The performance is within the norm although the speed cutting is still happening!
Since without a router the speed reaches me 120 megabytes
On the router stably hold 100 megabytes! Photo I enclose!
LOL. Using a screenshot of torrenting a movie as proof of slow download speeds.

Stay classy.

omething new being tested on my fork.... :) Planning on including it for my next beta release.
Went through the tomato history (from where I did the original port), and they had removed support since it was causing random reboots. So far, am not seeing anything amiss with the latest ipset 6.32
@Adamm @RMerlin

Update.....now for the bad news after some more testing. I think I've recreated the tomato reboot problem. Issuing an 'ipset flush' crashes the kernel :(

@Adamm @RMerlin

Update.....now for the bad news after some more testing. I think I've recreated the tomato reboot problem. Issuing an 'ipset flush' crashes the kernel :(

Oh well. Thanks for testing.

do not know if this just started or always been there. if you go to traffic analyzer and select realtime devices it will show you all connected devices and if you click on one of the devices it will show all the data it consumed in a pop up window. pretty neat. guess I never clicked on it before so do not know when it started but nice.

All it's missing is a packet scheduler like HTB and HFSC, also look at his github.com commits, it's incoming.

HTB is already there, and has been used by Asuswrt since day 1.

380.67 Beta 3 is now available, with a short, but important changelog.

Code:
04eec3c Bumped revision to beta 3
2e39e39 ctf: revert BCM6.37's ctf to pre-7743 version, as an attempt to fix broken PPPoE acceleration
23f8e63 Merge with GPL 7743 binary blobs for RT-AC87U; updated kludges
d992e24 qos: implement overhead support for AdaptiveQoS; re-design overhead configuration on the webui; add non-atm based overhead support
927d443 rc: duplicate ssl_enable keyword when enabling FTP TLS
51256fc Add space before WAN IP
b99dc76 qos: implement wedge to iproute2 to insert (fq_)codel support in Adaptive QoS

Beta 3 adds support for fq_codel to Adaptive QoS. This is done by intercepting calls made by the Trend Micro component to the Linux traffic classifier, and replacing sfq settings on-the-fly with fq_codel settings. The same technique is also used to implement support for configurable overhead values for Adaptive QoS.

The overhead configuration was also overhauled for both Traditional and Adaptive QoS. Now, you can enable or disable ATM support (previously, anything >0 was automatically set to ATM). The value can also be manually entered, or chosen from a list of preset configurations. I'm unsure of the actual impact of this parameter, as the documentation on it is rather sparse, even conflicting at time. My best recommendation is that you experiment with them. If in doubt, keep things at the default value (0, with ATM disabled).

The screenshot I posted earlier show the latency of a ping being sent every second to www.google.ca while running a speedtest from speedtest.net. As you can see, fq_codel does help in keeping average latency lower (aside from a few occasional spikes, yet those aren't as high).

My thanks to the group of volunteers that confirmed that the patch system was working properly. Do note that fq_codel is not a magic bullet. It won't make your connection go faster, and it might only help in some specific scenarios. You might also need to experiment a bit with the overhead value. But in general, it should be an improvement in terms of latency when having multiple concurrent streams.

Finally, in an attempt to resolve the lack of NAT acceleration for PPPoE for some models, the NAT acceleration component was reverted to an older version. Please confirm whether this makes any difference if you have an AC56/AC68/AC87 and a fast PPPoE connection that had performance issues with beta 1 and 2.

I thought fq_codel required a much newer kernel than what Asus is using? Anyway good news and great work on that, I've been using it on an OpenWrt router previously and now on the ER-X and it's excellent for shaping slow upstream. Devices doing uploads for online backup, Facebook etc no longer cause high latency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!