What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 382.1 Beta is available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Switched from ASUS 382_16466 to Merlin 382.1 Beta1 today. Update went without a hitch. I did not reset / re-enter settings. Looks like all my prior settings were preserved, and so far no issues. So far the RT-AC86U is great. I had been running a RT-AC87U (also very nice) but had some wifi connection drop issues with the 5 Mhz band with some older client devices. Don't see these issues with the AC86U.

I noticed that the 2.4G is slightly weaker and not as stable as the AC1900P. Could this be a Asus 382 issue?. I placed the AC86 beside the 1900P and walked around the house with my laptop using inSSIDer 4 and it shows on average a 10-12 drop in strength, sometimes a bit more. Would this be a limitation of using the Europe region?

1900P using USA/Canada region @ 20Mhz holds a 144Mbps Rate and connects fast, where the AC86 using Europe region @ 40Mhz goes from 12-13.5-15-30-40-45-54-90-243-270Mbps rate and takes longer to first connect. So I tried 20Mhz and the data rate stays even lower between 12-54Mbps with the same signal strength output.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi! USB HDD works only with 3.0.0.4.382.11816 or 3.0.0.4.382.15098 firmware but not with 3.0.0.4.382.16466 or Beta 1. Any ideas why so? :(

I got a fixed RT-AC88U GPL from Asus yesterday, so new 382.1 Beta 1 builds have been added for the RT-AC88U (tested on my main router) and the RT-AC3100 (completely untested, please confirm that wifi works correctly on it).

This should keep some of you "entertained" throughout that Krack hysteria. :)

Thanks for all the work you do Merlin. I plan to flash your beta build on my AC3100 tonight, or tomorrow. I did want to mention one thing, I noticed your build is like 9.5mb smaller in size compared to asus 382 build for the AC3100. Honestly a bit surprised to see it that much smaller. But as always I trust your work, and will report back on any issue's, if I noticed any.

Thanks for all the work you do Merlin. I plan to flash your beta build on my AC3100 tonight, or tomorrow. I did want to mention one thing, I noticed your build is like 9.5mb smaller in size compared to asus 382 build for the AC3100. Honestly a bit surprised to see it that much smaller. But as always I trust your work, and will report back on any issue's, if I noticed any.

That's because I don't include the Download Master installers in the firmware, these get downloaded from Asus's servers at install time.

I will need to re-test it on the AC88U tho. At least on the RT-AC86U, some of the installer files were missing on Asus's servers, so I had to re-add them to the AC86U's firmware image. I don't know if it's also affecting the other ARM models.

Oh okay Merlin, thanks for that info. Had me a bit curious that's all. I personally haven't used the download master on the router, haven't had a need for it. But nice to know the reason for the smaller size.

Just moved from 380.68_4 to 382.1 Beta 1 on an RT-AC3100. Two of four 2.4GHz clients show up as wired on the network map but as wireless on the log. Both clients are connected and active. 5GHz clients are all reported correctly and active.

Well I flashed the beta build on top of the asus 382 build on my AC3100. I decided like I do 99% of the time when doing firmware upgrades, to factory reset, and reconfigure my settings. I did all of this, including enabling QoS, with all it's little things including app analysis, and such. Also enabled per ip monitoring, and turned off NAT Acceleration manually before enabling all this. As I know certain features can't work with it enabled, and other features don't work properly with it on. I enabled both 2.4, and 5GHz bands. I connected my phone to the 5GHz band, and even ran a speedtest which was expected, and good.

So far so good, and I also reset the router after I was done applying all my settings. So I will see how things perform over the next couple days, and report back if I notice any obvious issues. Again so far so good for me with my AC3100 on this build.

Just updated my AC88U from 380.68_4 to 382.1 beta 1 and everything seems to be working fine so far. The web UI feels noticeably quicker, and everything else seems to have worked fine. I did a configuration backup before the update just in case, but as far as I can see all of my settings were carried over with no problem and jffs was unaffected. So far so good!

I got a fixed RT-AC88U GPL from Asus yesterday, so new 382.1 Beta 1 builds have been added for the RT-AC88U (tested on my main router) and the RT-AC3100 (completely untested, please confirm that wifi works correctly on it).

This should keep some of you "entertained" throughout that Krack hysteria. :)
Installed 382.1b on my AC-3100 per user @taffeys I don't see the device mapping incorrectly. All my 2.4 and 5ghz devices are displaying properly as wireless and my wired as such.

One item for correction in your Change Log, your change log for Disable Asusnat tunnel leaves out the 'Tools' part to get there. It should be (as you know, and i found out) Tools>Other Settings>Advanced Tweaks & Hacks>Disable Asusnat tunnel (i disabled it and also can't seem to figure out any use for the closed source service)

Otherwise all looks good on the AC-3100 so far. Will report in, didn't do any backups or clear jffs and all seems to be fine.

Beta1 on my AC86U is working well apart from I cannot save more than x 6 policy rules on VPN. I did a full reset from alpha4. Probably my stupidity but am I the only one with this problem? I have tried clearing browser cache etc.

Can anyone confirm ifttt and Alexa supported for newly added routers or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just curious were you able to fix the constant spamming of the syslog present in the 15850/52 builds ?

EDIT: Installed 382.1 on my 3100 and i see the log spam is still present. Is there a way to change the notice level to show priority items but not the endless useless spam ?

Also noticed some blank fields in this build.

upload_2017-10-18_11-44-14.png

Last edited:
Just curious were you able to fix the constant spamming of the syslog present in the 15850/52 builds ?

EDIT: Installed 382.1 on my 3100 and i see the log spam is still present. Is there a way to change the notice level to show priority items but not the endless useless spam ?

View attachment 10706

FWIW- I don't have any blank fields on my AC3100 / CFE 3.0.0.2 on 382.1_Beta1

Also in regards to log spam in 'System Log' do you not have the 'Log only messages more urgent than' drop down?

ust moved from 380.68_4 to 382.1 Beta 1 on an RT-AC3100. Two of four 2.4GHz clients show up as wired on the network map but as wireless on the log. Both clients are connected and active. 5GHz clients are all reported correctly and active.

That's normal, until their DHCP lease gets renewed.
Can anyone confirm ifttt and Alexa supported for newly added routers or not?

That feature is not available yet on models other than the GT-AC5300. It's still in development by Asus.

That's part of the closed source driver, nothing I can do about it.

Open your browser console and look for any Javascript error. The page looks correctly for me on both the AC88U and AC86U.

That's normal, until their DHCP lease gets renewed.

That feature is not available yet on models other than the GT-AC5300. It's still in development by Asus.

That's part of the closed source driver, nothing I can do about it.

Open your browser console and look for any Javascript error. The page looks correctly for me on both the AC88U and AC86U.

Thank you for your response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Installed the beta_1 (over 380.68_4), then did a factory reset.
Noticed that the MIMU was active, and I needed to deactivate.
Reentering the variables (pw, wireless channels, etc), and will continue testing.

Thank You RMerlin for your great work!!

Strange i am seeing the same with Chrome and IE-11 no java errors. Also tested on two Android phones and my ipad same condition on all the info is missing on that page only. What else could cause this bad flash ? All other tabs appear fine with no missing information.

EDIT: Setting the router back to factory restores the tools page to normal. However as soon as i reboot the router all info is missing again all browsers all devices. So there is something not right here. Never ever had this issue with any other firmware.

EDIT: 2 Think i found whats causing this. As long as there is a wired device plugged into the router the tools page works. If you go all wireless no wired devices it disappears along with the wired map below the memory graph. I know the wired device list is suppose to be gone if there are no wired devises hooked up but its taking the info on the tool tab with it. I bet you can reproduce this simply by going wireless only for a test and unhook all wired devices.

Last edited:
Just did the update from the lastest 380.68_4 build. Seems that everything is working fine, but the timezone.

I am living in germany, so GMT +01:00 Amsterdam, Berlin, Brussel should be the correct time zone entry from the router. But the gui tells me that I have a different time zone on my locale pc (UTC +01:00 Amsterdam, Berlin, Bern, Rom, Stockholm, Wien) and the router is an hour behind the correct time here. Summer time not considered?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!