What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 382.1 Beta is available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make sure you're not using a VPN. The router cannot classified encrypted traffic.

Well, my VPN client is only for the spesific IP addresses.

BTW, I've flashed the router again, saw the same log but now it seems OK. here this is one while I was torrenting and watching video on youtube;

Screenshot_2.jpg

So all my problems solved. Thank you again for another great job :)

Also what is "Disable Asusnat tunnel" on the Other Settings page?

Also what is "Disable Asusnat tunnel" on the Other Settings page?

See the changelog. That's the only information I have about this feature, sorry.

hi RMerlin, I've just flashed the beta1 to my ac86u, and I found that current version seems completly ignored anything under /jffs/scripts and /jffs/configs

I've added nat-start services-start services-stop as scripts, and of course I have the #!/bin/sh header and those files are executable, and also I added dnsmasq.conf.add to /jffs/configs, it seems none of these are readed/loaded.

Is there something I did wrong?

RT-AC66U owner here. If this indeed is (the start of) the end of the ride: thanks, it was a good one!

In fact, I'm considering upgrading to an RT-AC68U or RT-AC86U, just because of the Asuswrt-Merlin firmware...

PS: Hope you can still fix KRACK for the MIPS platform; if Asus releases a fix:

https://arstechnica.com/information...l-leaves-wi-fi-traffic-open-to-eavesdropping/

Same here. An AC66U owner since 2013, and has been using Merlin firmware for years now. Just bought myself an AC86U coz Merlin ain't supporting the AC66U anymore :p Will be using this new Beta once I get the AC86U up and running - just had it delivered today!

Asus has been beta testing the AiMesh on AC68u and AC86u. Any idea when you will adopt this features on the build for AC86u Merlin?

Last edited:
hi RMerlin, I've just flashed the beta1 to my ac86u, and I found that current version seems completly ignored anything under /jffs/scripts and /jffs/configs

I've added nat-start services-start services-stop as scripts, and of course I have the #!/bin/sh header and those files are executable, and also I added dnsmasq.conf.add to /jffs/configs, it seems none of these are readed/loaded.

Is there something I did wrong?

Did you enable custom scripts support?

Asus has been beta testing the AiMesh on AC68u and AC86u. Any idea when you will adopt this features on the build for AC86u Merlin?

You said yourself Asus are still beta testing it, so how would I know, the feature is not even available yet...

Sorry, I just forgot to turn on this option. my bad, thanks

and another suggestion maybe, when install entware, the current install script need a mounted usb drive to work, but so many device has big jffs partition, is it possible that install script can choose where to install instead only support install entware on usb drive?

Sorry, I just forgot to turn on this option. my bad, thanks

and another suggestion maybe, when install entware, the current install script need a mounted usb drive to work, but so many device has big jffs partition, is it possible that install script can choose where to install instead only support install entware on usb drive?

No, as the jffs partition is increasingly used by the system, and USB thumbdrives are cheap.

I placed an order RT-AC86U today.
Entware-ng is not supported ? or it was fixed already ?

- Entware easy setup script (alternative to Optware - the two are
mutually exclusive) (unavailable on RT-AC86U)

Beta1 on my AC86U is working well apart from I cannot save more than x 6 policy rules on VPN. I did a full reset from alpha4. Probably my stupidity but am I the only one with this problem? I have tried clearing browser cache etc.

Confirmed, the nvram value is currently limited to 255 characters max, despite the fact I told it to allow up to 4096 characters. Something in the (now closed) nvram management library is interfering.

Just awesome. HND has closed the sources to libnvram, and also introduced another closed library that has hardcoded nvram limits that are different from mine. Any unrecognized nvram (read: unique to Asuswrt-Merlin) is limited to 256 characters. This is going to break a whole series of Asuswrt-Merlin features on the RT-AC86U

To say I am currently completely pissed off by this is the best I can say. This puts the whole RT-AC86U support in jeopardy, after devoting nearly two months on this frigging model.

Just awesome. HND has closed the sources to libnvram, and also introduced another closed library that has hardcoded nvram limits that are different from mine. Any unrecognized nvram (read: unique to Asuswrt-Merlin) is limited to 256 characters. This is going to break a whole series of Asuswrt-Merlin features on the RT-AC86U

To say I am currently completely pissed off by this is the best I can say. This puts the whole RT-AC86U support in jeopardy, after devoting nearly two months on this frigging model.

Oops. I was just getting ready to leave my place in a few minutes and purchase the AC86U.
Do you recommend against it?

is ai protection supposed to disable nat accelration?

Oops. I was just getting ready to leave my place in a few minutes and purchase the AC86U.

AC88U/AC3100 is a better situation it seems, the AC86U situation isn't going to get better, probably worse. ; ( Sucks

Right now, I have no idea what's going to happen with this model. I just don't feel like dealing with this anymore for tonight. I might try to see if there's anything Asus can do to help me with this in a few days.

is ai protection supposed to disable nat accelration?

One of the acceleration levels is compatible with it, the other isn't.

I placed an order RT-AC86U today.
Entware-ng is not supported ? or it was fixed already ?

Entware and Entware-ng are the same thing, just that ng is a more recent repo. I call it just Entware for short.

AC88U/AC3100 is a better situation it seems, the AC86U situation isn't going to get better, probably worse. ; ( Sucks
I am using AC87U and Linksys WRT3200ACM that I just bought due to its powerful 1.8 GHz CPU. Great router for OpenVPN performance, but not very happy with DD-WRT, especially compared with Asus-Merlin firmware.
I wanted to replace my AC87U with the AC86U due to its much more powerful 1.8 GHz CPU (for OpenVPN usage mainly), but I won't consider AC88U/AC3100 as they are not such a great upgrade.
I wonder what @RMerlin recommends for my usage scenario.

Right now, I have no idea what's going to happen with this model. I just don't feel like dealing with this anymore for tonight. I might try to see if there's anything Asus can do to help me with this in a few days.
Since you are definitely helping ASUS improve their own firmwares & sell many more units (and I am sure they are aware), I think they should do whatever they can to help you fix this thing.

Last edited:
You said yourself Asus are still beta testing it, so how would I know, the feature is not even available yet...
Just a thought that you would adopt the feature as they go. As I'd love to have both AiMesh and advance OpenVPN features in the same build. The OpenVPN from Asus is pretty useless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!