What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 382.1 Beta is available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the beta 3 now. I notice when I change my DNS Server 1 and DNS Server 2 to a google address, router.asus.com no longer works. Only way to access my router after I change to a manual DNS is to go to 192.168.50.1.

On the beta 3 now. I notice when I change my DNS Server 1 and DNS Server 2 to a google address, router.asus.com no longer works. Only way to access my router after I change to a manual DNS is to go to 192.168.50.1.

If you're referring to the DHCP page, that's normal. You are telling your clients to completely bypass the router and talk directly to Google's DNS, which has no way of knowing your router's LAN IP.

The proper way to do what you want to do is to configure the servers on the WAN page instead, and keep having DHCP pushing the router's IP to your LAN clients.

(Apologies if this has been pointed out before.) I just noticed something strange. After ssh'ing into the router, noticed that an "ifconfig" command yields a few interfaces with zero RX bytes. TX byte data appears to be fine though.

The Asus RT-AC3200 also joins the "Firmware Club 382"

The Asus RT-AC3200 also joins the "Firmware Club 382"

Word of advice don't upgrade just to see what its like with the intent of reverting back to Merlin 380.68_4 as it appears once you upgrade you cant go back. I tried numerous firmware restores using the Asus tool and no dice so I'm stuck on the official firmware now until a Merlin version of 382 is released for this firmware. You foget how much of the Merlin customizations you rely on !!. I wonder if the change in NVRAM size on the newer firmware (it appears to have gone up to 128k unless I'm reading it wrong - size: 58269 bytes (72803 left) ) has anything to do with it

Word of advice don't upgrade just to see what its like with the intent of reverting back to Merlin 380.68_4 as it appears once you upgrade you cant go back. I tried numerous firmware restores using the Asus tool and no dice so I'm stuck on the official firmware now until a Merlin version of 382 is released for this firmware. You foget how much of the Merlin customizations you rely on !!. I wonder if the change in NVRAM size on the newer firmware (it appears to have gone up to 128k unless I'm reading it wrong - size: 58269 bytes (72803 left) ) has anything to do with it

Oh... Thanks! However, it was not my intention to upgrade to the Stock version. Thanks again for the warning, I appreciate it a lot

Did you try 2.1.0.1 version restoration tool?
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/RT-AC86U/Rescue_RT_AC86U_2101.zip

I did my tests using NTFS. I do occasionally get some stalls now when I test it, but no idea where they are happening since the CPU usage is actually quite low during these stalls. Could be the Trend Micro engine, could be the proprietary USB driver... No idea. The only thing I can control in the equation is the Samba configuration, and I found no difference regardless of which optimization settings I tried to change in Samba, so I've moved on.

Just tested with exact same setup but with a NTFS partition and network transfers are perfect.

Either my ext3 partition had some kind of problem or there is a bug in kernel/AI Protection/USB stack.

(Apologies if this has been pointed out before.) I just noticed something strange. After ssh'ing into the router, noticed that an "ifconfig" command yields a few interfaces with zero RX bytes. TX byte data appears to be fine though.

That's normal. It's due to the internal GMAC architecture. I can't remember the actual technical explanation.

That's normal. It's due to the internal GMAC architecture. I can't remember the actual technical explanation.

Ok very good. On a side note, I discovered this as I'm graphing my AC3100 with Cacti and polling via SNMP. The SNMP interface data has outbound/TX but no inbound/RX data also. Now that I know this is normal I'll stop trying to troubleshoot it.

this has nothing whatever to do with the subject of this thread ...... a Merlin Beta .
It might, if sources for ac3200 382 are out, merlin might move ac3200 over to this beta program aswell.

Edit
Already answered it here.
Ait, I'm sorry I did not check previous posts. I just saw ac3200 and 382 and got a bit to excited

Last edited:
Are you using port 1 with the firmware restoration utility? If so try using ports 2 or 3 and see if that makes a difference. Remove all USB drives also if you haven't already tried that.

Good luck.

Are you using port 1 with the firmware restoration utility? If so try using ports 2 or 3 and see if that makes a difference. Remove all USB drives also if you haven't already tried that.

Good luck.
After trying various ports and speaking to Asus it was agreed to get a replacement unit which is now happily running 380.68_4

Updated to the beta 4. One thing I noticed, when I changed settings and did a reboot from the gui, the router would sometimes not restart. It would just turn off. I would have to manually have to power cycle via the button on the router. Downgraded to the beta 3 and problem gone.

Updated to the beta 4. One thing I noticed, when I changed settings and did a reboot from the gui, the router would sometimes not restart. It would just turn off. I would have to manually have to power cycle via the button on the router. Downgraded to the beta 3 and problem gone.

I don't see a beta 4? Which router did you try this on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!