What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 382.1 Beta is available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see a beta 4? Which router did you try this on?

It was just a build snapshot I pushed to Onedrive last night, from this post.

I'm currently compiling formal beta 4 releases to publish later tonight if all goes as planned. Due to the extensive changes done to OpenVPN certs management, another round of beta test is required.

One thing I noticed, when I changed settings and did a reboot from the gui, the router would sometimes not restart. It would just turn off.

Done a number of reboot these past two nights while testing things, no issue rebooting. Make sure it's not a plugged USB disk causing any issue. See if the system log contains any info.

Openvpn server need reconfiguration after update to beta4 snapshot. (cert error)
And when I set my openvpn server1 to default setting, custom configuration still remained there.
After reconfiguration, server started successfully.

Openvpn server need reconfiguration after update to beta4 snapshot. (cert error)

That's because the cert was previously truncated, so it needs to be re-entered.

382.1 Beta 4 is now available.

Code:
98e3abf build: rename deploy script to publish; fix documentation location; start/stop ssh agent
2cf5a2c rc: disable update checks if merlinupdate isn't enabled
d8be69c libvpn: make _set_crt_parsed() skip cert text and start at the PEM
5408770 libvpn: removed legacy nvram support, as we only support JFFS storage from now on
f9a9996 libvpn: rewrite get_parsed_crt() to only work at the file level, resolving buffer truncate issue as well; made set_ovpn_key() create folder if needed, and changed way it raeds the data
11f376b shared: set max length of vpn_client_addr to 128 chars, as it can be a hostname, not just an IP
4212c90 httpd: write back the new cert instead of the one already in nvram/jffs
de7f7b5 build: added confirmation request to deploy script; also upload documentation
7497066 build: add new deploy script used for Sourceforge and Onedrive
58670ea usb: disable USB3 interference reduction by default
eeac558 openvpn: when WAN comes up, start ovpn clients after iQoS/FW have been started
d8086bb Bump revision to beta 4

Just wanted to as what is the latest trend micro signature version?
Is it 2.002, or is mine bugged out?

2.002 on my RT-AC88U and 2.040 on the RT-AC86U.

Updated to the beta 4. One thing I noticed, when I changed settings and did a reboot from the gui, the router would sometimes not restart. It would just turn off. I would have to manually have to power cycle via the button on the router. Downgraded to the beta 3 and problem gone.

Same happened to me, reboot after flashing beta 4.
Powered router on, then rebooted a second time, so far so good.
(No USB, just a very basic home network. 4 Apple wifi devices & a PC via Ethernet.)

If I enable wan+lan ssh access on my 86u and reboot, or toggle wan connection, I lose internet access on my network, both wireless & wired.

The 86u gets an IP from my ISP an normal with no errors according to the system log.

This is on beta3/beta4.

Same happened to me, reboot after flashing beta 4.
Powered router on, then rebooted a second time, so far so good.
(No USB, just a very basic home network. 4 Apple wifi devices & a PC via Ethernet.)

Same here, a reboot and dead, no lights nothing. A power cycle brought it back.

CN version 1.5 here.

Possible bug: System log -- DHCP leases shows nothing, even after a refresh, and I have DHCP enabled and serving IP's.

Last edited:
@RMerlin
Are you have any solution to resolve Ai protection compatibility issue with your openvpn and firewall scripts ? (nat-start, firewall-start)
I have to choose between Ai-protection and Merlin firmware features.
I guess Ai-protection should be started after firewall scripts.
Would you confirm this?

1. After reboot. (bwdpi rules have gone.)
Code:
@RT-AC86U-3F10:/tmp/home/root# iptables -t mangle -L -v
Chain PREROUTING (policy ACCEPT 380 packets, 35179 bytes)
 pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source               destination
    0     0 MARK       all  --  tun11  any     anywhere             anywhere             MARK xset 0x1/0x7
    0     0 MARK       all  --  vpns+  any     anywhere             anywhere             MARK xset 0x1/0x7
    0     0 MARK       all  --  tun21  any     anywhere             anywhere             MARK xset 0x1/0x7
    0     0 MARK       all  --  br0    any     anywhere             anywhere             match-set usvpn dst MARK or 0x1000

Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT 376 packets, 34375 bytes)

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT 0 packets, 0 bytes)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT 371 packets, 385K bytes)

Chain POSTROUTING (policy ACCEPT 371 packets, 385K bytes)

Chain BWDPI_FILTER (0 references)

2. Turn off Ai-protection (All mangle rules disappear.. even openvpn rules)
Code:
Chain PREROUTING (policy ACCEPT 8 packets, 359 bytes)

Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT 8 packets, 359 bytes)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT 4 packets, 1117 bytes)

Chain POSTROUTING (policy ACCEPT 4 packets, 1117 bytes)

Chain BWDPI_FILTER (0 references)

3. Restart Ai-protection (only bwdpi rules are there.)
Code:
Chain PREROUTING (policy ACCEPT 224 packets, 19576 bytes)
    8   968 BWDPI_FILTER  udp  --  eth0   any     anywhere             anywhere

Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT 223 packets, 19422 bytes)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT 299 packets, 449K bytes)

Chain POSTROUTING (policy ACCEPT 299 packets, 449K bytes)

Chain BWDPI_FILTER (1 references)
    0     0 DROP       udp  --  eth0   any     anywhere             anywhere             udp spt:bootpc dpt:bootps
    0     0 DROP       udp  --  eth0   any     anywhere             anywhere             udp spt:bootps dpt:bootpc

4. Turn off Ai-protection, restart firewall after that turn on Ai-protection. (now all are fine.)
Code:
Chain PREROUTING (policy ACCEPT 1125 packets, 200K bytes)
    0     0 MARK       all  --  tun11  any     anywhere             anywhere             MARK xset 0x1/0x7
    0     0 MARK       all  --  vpns+  any     anywhere             anywhere             MARK xset 0x1/0x7
    0     0 MARK       all  --  tun21  any     anywhere             anywhere             MARK xset 0x1/0x7
    0     0 MARK       all  --  br0    any     anywhere             anywhere             match-set usvpn dst MARK or 0x1000
   57  8827 BWDPI_FILTER  udp  --  eth0   any     anywhere             anywhere

Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT 857 packets, 87714 bytes)

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT 263 packets, 111K bytes)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT 1006 packets, 1255K bytes)

Chain POSTROUTING (policy ACCEPT 1269 packets, 1367K bytes)

Chain BWDPI_FILTER (1 references)
    0     0 DROP       udp  --  eth0   any     anywhere             anywhere             udp spt:bootpc dpt:bootps
    0     0 DROP       udp  --  eth0   any     anywhere             anywhere             udp spt:bootps dpt:bootpc

Last edited:
Should i be worried if mine is stuck on 2.028 (ac86u)? No errors only "Signature is up to date"

Same here my AC86U signature says 2.028 and the check says it is up to date (on Merlin Beta3).

Updated to the beta 4. One thing I noticed, when I changed settings and did a reboot from the gui, the router would sometimes not restart. It would just turn off. I would have to manually have to power cycle via the button on the router. Downgraded to the beta 3 and problem gone.
I had that issue happen once on beta 3, I changed a setting it required a restart and the router never came backup until I pressed the power button on the router.

Installed beta 4 today on AC88U. Everything appears to be working normally with the exception of AI Protection.

Got to AI Protection -> Network Protection and switch tabs a few times. Locks up the router web interface completely. Replicated a few times.
This doesn't seem to affect the SSH session or router performance, but the only way to get the web interface back is to reboot the router.

Is this just specific to me?

2.002 on my RT-AC88U and 2.040 on the RT-AC86U.
How do I verify the trend micro signature version on my RT-AC88U (running 382.1_beta4) ?
I thought it used to be listed with the Firmware Version on the Administration - Firmware Upgrade tab, but it's no longer there?

How do I verify the trend micro signature version on my RT-AC88U (running 382.1_beta4) ?
I thought it used to be listed with the Firmware Version on the Administration - Firmware Upgrade tab, but it's no longer there?

If it's not there then it's probably because you don't have any Trend Micro features enabled.

Installed beta 4 today on AC88U. Everything appears to be working normally with the exception of AI Protection.

Got to AI Protection -> Network Protection and switch tabs a few times. Locks up the router web interface completely. Replicated a few times.
This doesn't seem to affect the SSH session or router performance, but the only way to get the web interface back is to reboot the router.

Is this just specific to me?

Works normally for me. Try a different browser.

Running Beta 4 on 88u. Everything seems good. It seems to have resolved the issue I was having with outlook not synching to my office system when I was using a VPN in Beta 3 (not beta 2, which was fine).

I am seeing some mischaracterizations of connection type in the network map. Some sonos usnits are showing up as hardwired, even though they are wireless, and others are showing up correctly.

If I enable wan+lan ssh access on my 86u and reboot, or toggle wan connection, I lose internet access on my network, both wireless & wired.

The 86u gets an IP from my ISP an normal with no errors according to the system log.

This is on beta3/beta4.

Same here, a reboot and dead, no lights nothing. A power cycle brought it back.

CN version 1.5 here.

Possible bug: System log -- DHCP leases shows nothing, even after a refresh, and I have DHCP enabled and serving IP's.

Edit: System Log - DHCP leases seems to be working now :p, not sure but took a long time to populate.

Anybody had any SSH problems??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!