What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.10 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try these settings;
I am unable to enable HE Frame Support it just stays disabled. Everything else is ok as shown below:

Attachments

• ASUS Wireless Router RT AX88U   General.png
    ASUS Wireless Router RT AX88U General.png
    353.1 KB · Views: 531
@Adamm are you using the new AX88U test build or are you on the normal Beta 2?

I am unable to enable HE Frame Support it just stays disabled. Everything else is ok as shown below:
I was testing this in the previous build and was only able to enable it changing the control channel to Auto.... maybe this is the same case.

The 384_5640 merge for RT-AX88U looked pretty straightforward (aside from a small piece of code that was missing from my GPL tarball, and which I had to extrapolate), so I did a test build with that GPL merged in. Please give it a try, and if all goes well, I might include it in the 384.10 final release.

https://asuswrt.lostrealm.ca/test-builds
I would appreciate if any person testing this, can confirm if Movistar Triple VLAN is now shown on ISP profile list under IPTV config tab.

Thx

Just to let you know.. The log spam also happens on last Asus stable build release in December.. Older Asus stable build don't have such log spam.

The dnsmasq log spam?

I would appreciate if any person testing this, can confirm if Movistar Triple VLAN is now shown on ISP profile list under IPTV config tab.

Thx

It should, I saw the code being part of the 5640 merge - unless Asus only started to implement it and didn't finalize it yet.

1) System logs not reporting annoying logs WLCEVENTD: ASSOC & DISSOC that I was seeing every other second.

No change there yet, wlceventd still logs all assoc/deassoc events.

I was testing this in the previous build and was only able to enable it changing the control channel to Auto.... maybe this is the same case.
I was able to get this to work on channel 36 and the rest of @Adamm's settings by resetting to defaults.;):)

No, that's a ASUS problem. Merlin can't fix that issue.
No. That would require new GPL drops from ASUS -- the latest for the 86U is from early December.

Thanks, From what I have read its to do with Trend Micro, the only feature I use is AiProtection, is the issue anything to worry about if I update, dcd crashes what exactly is that?

Thanks, From what I have read its to do with Trend Micro, the only feature I use is AiProtection, is the issue anything to worry about if I update, dcd crashes what exactly is that?
No one knows except TrendMicro since it is in their closed source code and no one else can see what is in there, so no one else knows what it is or what it does, or why those dcd crashes show.

Here is a workaround to remove them from the syslog.
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/script-to-remove-dcd-crashes-from-system-log.54734/

Flashed RT-AC86U from 384.10_Beta1 to Beta2, factory reset & manually reconfigured

All appears fine

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The test beta for the ax88u isn't rebooting from the webui. Not sure what the issue is.
UPDATE: Tried rebooting from ssh and it started to shutdown but hung solid. I had to unplug the power.
UPDATE 2: I am unable to keep the HE frame support enabled. It doesn't survive a reboot.

Last edited:
The test beta for the ax88u isn't rebooting from the webui. Not sure what the issue is.
UPDATE: Tried rebooting from ssh and it started to shutdown but hung solid. I had to unplug the power.

Check your installed scripts. I've done a fair amount of reboots on my own AX88U throughout recent testing, never had any problem.

Check your installed scripts. I've done a fair amount of reboots on my own AX88U throughout recent testing, never had any problem.
Will do!!

Dirty upgrade to B2 from A2 without trouble. Still cannot login via https with clean cache on any browser, http is normal.

Upgrade AX88U from V384.9_Beta1 to V384.10_Beta2_5640-g26148798da, via dirty flash (did a hard reboot this time after firmware upgrade for my testing purposes). All appears to be working, except for the following ASUS issue (NOT RMerlin's, as noted in his Changelog).

• Networkmap listing may be unreliable. (Bug in Asus's code) - RMerlin's Changelog
Edit: Just tested Network Map Listing on RT-AX88U again, and it appears to be working and devices staying in the network map list, not sure if 5640 code fixed this issue from ASUS, will continue to monitor. Uptime now is 3 days.

Also, running FreshJR QOS V8.8 and his Classification Tab, and after the firmware upgrade, noticed three things on the RT-AX88U:

• Under "Adaptive QOS" | "QOS", noticed my "Customize" button was no longer selected "blue in color", and that some of the categories were moved out of order from what I had set them before
  • Under "Adaptive QOS" | "Bandwidth Monitor", any of my "Network Map" List clients that I normally had set from "Highest" to "Lowest" were all back to "Default" color
  • Under "Traffic Analyzer" | "Traffic Monitor" | Set to "Monthly", I notice that only the current month of March is showing, even though under "Daily", I have traffic monitor graphs for February, not sure why they are not showing up in the "Monthly" graph

Not sure if this is an issue or not, but just relaying firmware upgrade info, since, once I re-customized my categories, and applied the "Highest" to "Lowest" again on my Network Map List, everything is running properly again.

Last edited:
My OVPN client on my phone (LGV30) has openssl 1.1.1a Are we using openssl 1.1.1b? Because for some reason my client will not connect. I downloaded another OVPN client and it didn't work either. I have a server setup on a AC68U with 384.9 on it and it connects like magic. Am I right that the reason I cannot connect is the openssl 1.1.1b?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!