What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.10 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I right that the reason I cannot connect is the openssl 1.1.1b?

It shouldn't matter, unless you are trying to use a very obsolete cipher that is no longer supported. Check your system logs for details.

My OVPN client on my phone (LGV30) has openssl 1.1.1a Are we using openssl 1.1.1b? Because for some reason my client will not connect. I downloaded another OVPN client and it didn't work either. I have a server setup on a AC68U with 384.9 on it and it connects like magic. Am I right that the reason I cannot connect is the openssl 1.1.1b?

Works fine for me to connect to my vpn server, Tested again now with Openvpn connect app and openvpn for android app
Maybe check log for clues
Mar 18 21:14:24 ovpn-server1[1773]: xx.xx.xx.xx:49361 Control Channel: TLSv1.3, cipher TLSv1.3 TLS_CHACHA20_POLY1305_SHA256, 2048 bit RSA

It shouldn't matter, unless you are trying to use a very obsolete cipher that is no longer supported. Check your system logs for details.
Logs show the client trying to use 1.1.1a and the server log shows 1.1.1b, I can't see anything else. What else would change in the test beta that would cause my VPN trouble, I made no other changes. I imported the ovpn file as I always have after a reset to defaults. My reboot problem is gone everything else works great. Just the server I can't connect to.

No change there yet, wlceventd still logs all assoc/deassoc events.

UPDATE: Oh yeah, they are still being logged. Patience...

In a few hours running beta 2, I see no wlcevents.
I normally would have by now.

Last edited:
Dirty upgrade to Beta2 went fine on my AC68u, impressed with the classifications revamp.

My OVPN client on my phone (LGV30) has openssl 1.1.1a Are we using openssl 1.1.1b? Because for some reason my client will not connect. I downloaded another OVPN client and it didn't work either. I have a server setup on a AC68U with 384.9 on it and it connects like magic. Am I right that the reason I cannot connect is the openssl 1.1.1b?
Reset to defaults for the third time and guess what?....Third time is the charm, everything working on the AX88U and the new Beta 2 test build. Finally success!!!;):)

Logs show the client trying to use 1.1.1a and the server log shows 1.1.1b, I can't see anything else. What else would change in the test beta that would cause my VPN trouble, I made no other changes. I imported the ovpn file as I always have after a reset to defaults. My reboot problem is gone everything else works great. Just the server I can't connect to.
Actually spoke to soon. After resetting 3 times and hand configure, it seems that somewhere in the OVPN server setup process and rebooting several times I lose EH frame support on 5g. The network works with it disabled. I'm not sure what to think. Every time I reset and setup again I lose the EH frame support. Do you think this is a hardware issue? I just got this router and could return if need be. Any input would be appreciated. Any more hints @RMerlin My settings are below:

Attachments

• ASUS Wireless Router RT AX88U   General.png
    ASUS Wireless Router RT AX88U General.png
    361.3 KB · Views: 383
Actually spoke to soon. After resetting 3 times and hand configure, it seems that somewhere in the OVPN server setup process and rebooting several times I lose EH frame support on 5g. The network works with it disabled. I'm not sure what to think. Every time I reset and setup again I lose the EH frame support. Do you think this is a hardware issue? I just got this router and could return if need be. Any input would be appreciated. Any more hints @RMerlin My settings are below:

Are you talking about the HE Frame support? Unless all you're running are AX clients, that needs to be disabled to be compatible with the clients available now (AC and below), I believe.

Have you tried updating all the drivers for your clients? That may also fix this for you.

Are you talking about the HE Frame support? Unless all you're running are AX clients, that needs to be disabled to be compatible with the clients available now (AC and below), I believe.

Have you tried updating all the drivers for your clients? That may also fix this for you.
Thanks for your reply. This is not a client issue, my devices connect. The problem is: I cannot set HE Frame Support to "Enabled" it stays disabled no matter what I do. If I reset to defaults I can get it to save that setting, somewhere in the OVPN server setup it set itself to disabled. I may have that wrong it may have disabled itself for another reason, I'm only using the scripts on amtm (minus YazFi), with the exception of FreshJR_QOS. No crazy settings, I have a static ip from my ISP. I cannot figure this out.

Thanks for your reply. This is not a client issue, my devices connect. The problem is: I cannot set HE Frame Support to "Enabled" it stays disabled no matter what I do. If I reset to defaults I can get it to save that setting, somewhere in the OVPN server setup it set itself to disabled. I may have that wrong it may have disabled itself for another reason, I'm only using the scripts on amtm (minus YazFi), with the exception of FreshJR_QOS. No crazy settings, I have a static ip from my ISP. I cannot figure this out.

I think that is what the toggle is there for though (client compatibility)?

To troubleshoot this, how long does your freshly M&M Configured router with no additional customizations or additions allow the toggle to stay enabled?

Add, change things one at a time to see what is 'breaking' this for you.

I think that is what the toggle is there for though (client compatibility)?

To troubleshoot this, how long does your freshly M&M Configured router with no additional customizations or additions allow the toggle to stay enabled?

Add, change things one at a time to see what is 'breaking' this for you.
That is exactly what I did. I set it up one piece at a time. I lost the setting somewhere in the OVPN Server setup, I had trouble with it and rebooted a few times to get it to work. When I checked again it was disabled.

That is exactly what I did. I set it up one piece at a time. I lost the setting somewhere in the OVPN Server setup, I had trouble with it and rebooted a few times to get it to work. When I checked again it was disabled.

Seems like an unlikely setting to affect Wireless properties? Maybe this is worth showing directly to Asus for a fix?

Seems like an unlikely setting to affect Wireless properties? Maybe this is worth showing directly to Asus for a fix?
It's to late today but I'm going to reset one more time. The morning with lots of coffee we will try again...if that doesn't work I'm calling Asus for a solution or return if need be. Thank you all for your help. ;):)

I love your signature! ;):)

The 384_5640 merge for RT-AX88U looked pretty straightforward (aside from a small piece of code that was missing from my GPL tarball, and which I had to extrapolate), so I did a test build with that GPL merged in. Please give it a try, and if all goes well, I might include it in the 384.10 final release.

https://asuswrt.lostrealm.ca/test-builds
I just installed this on my RT-AX88U and all seems fine.

The library version is only shown as the program is run. Check below for what happens during the actual connection attempt.
Any more hints @RMerlin My settings are below:

Why bother with HE? It requires an AX client to be used. And some clients (like older Intel ones) have compatibility issues with it anyway.

Why bother with HE? It requires an AX client to be used. And some clients (like older Intel ones) have compatibility issues with it anyway.
I was wondering if this would be a hardware issue, what would be your guess?

I was wondering if this would be a hardware issue, what would be your guess?

Doubt it, enabling/disabling option on the webui is tied to nvram, not to the hardware underneath it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!