What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.14 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
JGrana,
Not a good idea, read our earlier posts ... "Apply" button under Administration - System Tab, not working.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I face this problem on RT-AX88U

Hi. Do you mean Amazon Echo’s not being able to connect?

I am running test version on RT-AX88U, while still in early stages but everything is going well.

One of the key improvements I have seen is in 5 GHZ performance and in wifi chipset and cpu running cooler on avg 1 to 2 degrees.

Last edited:
Have you gotten to test it against "'WPA3' Capable devices"? if so, what is your take on it?

I have multiple ‘iDevices’, & all appear to be working ok.

I set wpa2/3 as the connection type, to allow for any non wpa3 clients.

There seemed to be a lot of unwanted ‘wifi to client’ disconnects initially. Maybe the clients adapting to the new scenario?

Nearly a day later, no issues seen.

There seemed to be a lot of unwanted ‘wifi to client’ disconnects initially. Maybe the clients adapting to the new scenario?

Yes I have set up mine as WPA2/WPA3 otherwise if you set it as WPA3 only that will knock off all the wireless devices that don’t use WPA3 as a security option. For example, my iPhones are ok with WPA3 only option but my iPads are not (they don’t have any WPA3 options to select from such as WPA3, WPA2/WPA3). My MacBook Pro uses only WPA2/WPA3 option but not the WPA3 only option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I have set up mine as WPA2/WPA3 otherwise if you set it as WPA3 only that will knock off all the wireless devices that don’t use WPA3 as a security option. For example, my iPhones are ok with WPA3 only option but my iPads are not (they don’t have any WPA3 options to select from such as WPA3, WPA2/WPA3). My MacBook Pro uses only WPA2/WPA3 option but not the WPA3 only option.
Marin + Treadler,
Reading your posts, I decided to set my Wireless -> General -> Authentication Method: from "WPA2 Personal" to "WPA2/WPA3 Personal" ... I got the following:

Screenshot 2019-11-29 at 10.21.58 AM.png

My 2 x RT-AC86U Nodes have Ethernet Backhaul ... :(:(:(. I would be great if new FW for RT-AC86U can support WPA3 ...:)

Marin + Treadler,
Reading your posts, I decided to set my Wireless -> General -> Authentication Method: from "WPA2 Personal" to "WPA2/WPA3 Personal" ... I got the following:

View attachment 20048

My 2 x RT-AC86U Nodes have Ethernet Backhaul ... :(:(:(. I would be great is new FW for RT-AC86U can support WPA3 ...:)

Yes I got that too but it didn’t affect my nodes at all (2x AX88Us). They were up shortly after that and everything is stable so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I got that too but it didn’t affect my nodes at all (2x AX88Us). They were up shortly after that and everything is stable so far.
Marin,
You have both AX Routers, mine is combination of AX and AC Routers. ... Anyway, with your assurance ... I bravely hit "OK" ... AiMesh Nodes recovered (at least for now). Thanks :)

If you are roaming between nodes this may be contributing to disconnects as one router may support WPA3 and the other might not. I want to see how this plays on disconnects with AImesh setups. Especially if AImesh router supports WPA3, but nodes don't. I wonder how well devices adapt to the switch between.

If you are roaming between nodes this may be contributing to disconnects as one router may support WPA3 and the other might not. I want to see how this plays on disconnects with AImesh setups. Especially if AImesh router supports WPA3, but nodes don't. I wonder how well devices adapt to the switch between.

Not my scenario. Very basic network, just the one router.

I imagine as you say, that Aimesh might be a bit of a challenge!

RT-AC5300 384.14 Beta 2 test build added to https://www.asuswrt-merlin.net/test-builds
upload_2019-11-28_22-59-28.png

does this new static option for specifying LAN DNS server per static dhcp device support specifying both lan IPV4 and lan IPV6 Addresses? if not, would it be possible to add such a feature?

**Disclaimer** Not trying to stir the feature honey pot !!**Disclaimer**

Found an error on administration page, when you try to apply any setting it pops up Saying port 22 is for SSH and will not let you save any changes on the administration page. tried clearing dns cache and changing browsers.
upload_2019-11-28_23-16-16.png

**EDIT**
I was able to get around the issue by changing the port to a different number and then changing it back. I don't use SSH outside of VPN so i see no reason to change the port. I was only trying to re-enable JFFS after flashing.

Last edited:
Found an error on administration page, when you try to apply any setting it pops up Saying port 22 is for SSH and will not let you save any changes on the administration page. tried clearing dns cache and changing browsers.
View attachment 20050

**EDIT**
I was able to get around the issue by changing the port to a different number and then changing it back. I don't use SSH outside of VPN so i see no reason to change the port. I was only trying to re-enable JFFS after flashing.
Where you been, late to the party, huh? :D

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/b...ta-is-now-available.60037/page-20#post-528825

And the RMerlin reply below.

RT-AC5300 384.14 Beta 2 test build added to https://www.asuswrt-merlin.net/test-builds
Did a dirty upgrade and after that a M&M config on both of my AC5300. VPN L2TP client does not work. I keep getting the error message: /usr/sbin/l2tpd[XXXX]:tunnel_establish: failed to add host route

I reverted back to 384.13 and L2TP client works again smoothly.

Last edited:
I'm having an issue with HTTPS management on the RT-AC86U. I'm using Safari on an iMac running Catalina. When I first load up the router page, it gives me the standard prompt for self-signed certificates and I go through the process of accepting the cert and loading it into my keychain.

Each and every time I reboot the router, it forces me to do it again. So let's say for some reason, I reboot my router 5 times, I end up with 5 certs in my keychain.

Hi. Do you mean Amazon Echo’s not being able to connect?
he means that in the system then administration tab the apply button at the bottom of the page doesn't work for some reason.

@Hawk @Treadler
have you guys checked for the Apply button under Administration - System Tab, doesn't work issue to see if your affected also?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!