What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.14 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason why I ask is because after upgrading, ipv6 has become dead. The router shows all the proper ipv6 addressing for assignment by dhcpc6 and ipv6 has the right addressing on the routing pages and dnsmasq has the right ipv6 entries but no ipv6 connectivity after upgrading.

*cancel*
it came back overnight after the router ran for a while.
After some more test with other devices on the network, somehow the RT-AC5300 on the new beta 2, has lost ipv6 logic as it will sometimes connect with internet via IPV6 and sometimes it wont, after switching back to previous 384.13, I have no issues with IPV6 connecting on any device. I cannot pinpoint the cause, whether it is asus or changes in merlin code. I will wait for a fix.

Anyone experience difficulty getting cloudflare tls to work with last two betas or is it just me ?

I managed to get it to work a little bit of time (by missing up with the dns settings) but it falls back to https in an hour or so on its own.

I can confirm that it works flawlessly on 13 until you enable DNSSEC .

Found an error on administration page, when you try to apply any setting it pops up Saying port 22 is for SSH and will not let you save any changes on the administration page. tried clearing dns cache and changing browsers.
View attachment 20050

**EDIT**
I was able to get around the issue by changing the port to a different number and then changing it back. I don't use SSH outside of VPN so i see no reason to change the port. I was only trying to re-enable JFFS after flashing.
Nice, this worked for me [emoji106]

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

Seems like Adaptive QOS as a whole is broken, bandwidth limiting isn't working either by the looks of it.

Asus confirmed that Adaptive QoS was working correctly, so I'll have to check to see if something failed to be properly merged on my end.

why cant Asus just Dump Adaptive Qos and replace it with Smart Queue Management Qos so that it works with every thing includeing fiber

You already have SQM with my firmware, through fq_codel.

SQM is just one single piece, while Adaptive QoS also includes a DPI engine to classify traffic.

Dirty upgraded an ac68 from 384.14 b1 and before from 384.13.
Using fq_codel with Adaptive QoS and trend micro stuff.
Also firewall and nat were disabled.
QoS and the stuff I use are working just fine

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

After some more test with other devices on the network, somehow the RT-AC5300 on the new beta 2, has lost ipv6 logic as it will sometimes connect with internet via IPV6 and sometimes it wont, after switching back to previous 384.13, I have no issues with IPV6 connecting on any device. I cannot pinpoint the cause, whether it is asus or changes in merlin code. I will wait for a fix.
Has any one else tested ipv6 connectivity on the beta 2 for their rt-ac 5300. I ask because I am entertaining the idea of a factory reset but want to know if anyone else is experiencing the same before I attempt to go down that road later?

You already have SQM with my firmware, through fq_codel.

SQM is just one single piece, while Adaptive QoS also includes a DPI engine to classify traffic.

make it work with fiber people with fiber miss out on thing like this because all you are doing is supporting people with Adsl and Vdsl

When I updated AX88U, IPv6 collapsed.
I disabled IPv6, then re-enabled it, been fine since.

Anyone experience difficulty getting cloudflare tls to work with last two betas or is it just me ?

I managed to get it to work a little bit of time (by missing up with the dns settings) but it falls back to https in an hour or so on its own.

No difficulty here. Someone posted a step by step setup on how to correctly set up DOT with cloudflare. Can anyone help or you can do a search here.

Did not test it yet but previous merlin firmwares were worse for me than original ones right now tables turned and it seems merlin is ahead again in terms of stability.

Disable your addon scripts then check again. One of them is replacing that Log page with one that contains outdated tags. The page in that addon will need to be updated.
Would imagine it must be scribe then. Thanks!

System Log - enhanced by Scribe

tl:dr
getting spam in my log

Code:
WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(386): eth5: Deauth_ind xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx, status: 0, reason: Class 3 frame received from nonassociated station (7)

I went back to the previous stable version 384.13 for my RT-AC86U. After messing around with QOS and multiple reboots under the beta2, the wifi signal never came back. Once I installed the stable version the signal is working flawlessly. I'm not sure if it's something on my end that my 2.4ghz signal doesn't work after multiple reboots or if it's something with the beta. It's probably something on my end, but I'll wait until fw is out of beta.

Finally, is it possible to disabled HW acceleration manually in the beta 2 if I'm using Adaptive QOS? It seems with the beta2 and Adaptive OOS enabled, the beta automatically enables HW acceleration which seems I'm lagging more than usual when gaming rather than when I'm on 384.13 stable fw. We'll continue to monitor if this is the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!