What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.14 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have VOIP issues since updating to beta3. My Ethernet connected Ooma Telo is dropping its connection after a few minutes of being online. It completely disappears from the routers client list and it shows an orange blinking disconnect status on the unit. I can turn Ooma Telo off and on again and it will reinstate the connection, but after a few minutes it's off again. To rule out any issues with the VOIP hardware I connected the Ooma Telo directly to the cable modem and that works. To dig a little deeper I loaded up beta1 again and voila it also works. So there is a change in beta3 that somehow kicks off the Ooma Telo hardware. What could be the cause and how would I go about to diagnose what's responsible for this issue?

I have VOIP issues since updating to beta3. My Ethernet connected Ooma Telo is dropping its connection after a few minutes of being online. It completely disappears from the routers client list and it shows an orange blinking disconnect status on the unit. I can turn Ooma Telo off and on again and it will reinstate the connection, but after a few minutes it's off again. To rule out any issues with the VOIP hardware I connected the Ooma Telo directly to the cable modem and that works. To dig a little deeper I loaded up beta1 again and voila it also works. So there is a change in beta3 that somehow kicks off the Ooma Telo hardware. What could be the cause and how would I go about to diagnose what's responsible for this issue?

I have two different VoIP services - one through a VoIP phone, another through an ATA. Both working flawlessly with my RT-AX88U.

I use Ooma as well and haven't noticed this issue since I went to Beta3. I do have the DNS forced to google dns under lan dnsfilters though.

Hi @RMerlin , in this Beta 3 on the AC88U the 2.4Ghz band is having issues... after some time it loses connectivity, I have problems even connecting devices to it.
I need to reboot to restore. 5Ghz has no problems at all

Sent from S.G. S9 Plus Duos using Tapatalk

I use Ooma as well and haven't noticed this issue since I went to Beta3. I do have the DNS forced to google dns under lan dnsfilters though.
My Oomoa is a small business system. I have DNS forced through Router and in the WAN setting through Cloudflare. So I don't get what is changed from beta1 to beta3?

I have two different VoIP services - one through a VoIP phone, another through an ATA. Both working flawlessly with my RT-AX88U.
Could dnsmasq have anything to do with that? The way my Ooma Telo behaves is the same as if there is no connection to the Ooma Cloud. So something seems to be blocking the connection. I already tried with the router scripts disabled (Diversion, Skynet and FreeJR), but that doesn't make any difference.

AX88U on Beta 3. AX enabled and using as well as AC streaming movies at around 8-10MB. Responsiveness is incredible good for playing games. Also enabled Beta 3 on an AC88U in an office enviroment. No problems.

I bought my RT-AC86U about a month ago and upgraded to the official Merlin release about 2 weeks after getting it. I’ve upgraded to beta 3 (without a reset) and it’s been solid 3 days running. I have roughly 47 clients attached. This includes 5 Wyze Cams, 6 Amazon Echo devices, 3 wireless printers, 6 Roku sticks and 13 smart plugs. No issues. For my wish list I wish I could get rid of the offline clients on the iOS app. I know this has been discussed and the only method that works would be resetting the router.

Beta 2 and 3 have both been flawless on my AX88U. I have had zero issues, and the performance has been excellent.

I just wanted to confirm something said earlier.
My Let's encrypt certificate was expired and would not update until I change the routers web UI access from http to both http and https. Immediately after changing to both my let's encrypt certificate updated.

Https access is the main reason for the let's encrypt certificate but there is other uses. This behaviour appears new since beta 1.

I have seen many say their let's encrypt is expired and people being told they are being throttled. I think it is more likely they have https disabled and seeing this change.

I am still to work out what causes my rt-ac68u to say I am disconnected. Ping, DNS and all 3 associated fields are off/blank. Again this behaviour is new since beta 1.
Enabling and filling the fields also does not help.

Could dnsmasq have anything to do with that?

Dnsmasq merely handles DHCP and DNS duties, it has no impact on SIP connectivity.

VoIP MS service for 3 lines through my AC86U beta3 with a dedicated VoIP box (Gigaset C610A-IP), no issues. Cloudflare DNS, DNSSEC, DoT

On the AX88U with Beta 3, at the bottom of the WAN>Internet Connection page, the tool tip for: "Extend the TTL value" does not work. The question mark displays when hovering, but no tip when clicked.

Same on stock firmware, Asus added code to display a popup, but didn't point it at any actual help string.

Asus sent me a fix for the broken bwdpi with the new ax SDK. I'm dropping a beta3 test build with the new SDK + the bwdpi fix in https://www.asuswrt-merlin.net/test-builds/ .

My plan still hasn't changed for the RT-AX88U, 384.14 will stick to the previous SDK, and the new SDK will be scheduled for 384.15.

EDIT: I know that the System page is still broken, I haven't fixed that branch yet. I uploaded build g6ed03020e2 which contains the System page fixes.

Last edited:
Is it me or did anyone else's dslspeed test report break? What I mean is my quality has turned to an F the rest seems fine.

Is it me or did anyone else's dslspeed test report break? What I mean is my quality has turned to an F the rest seems fine.

dslreports results have been pretty average for me too on this 384.14 on my rt-ac86u.

I cannot seem to get a A+ rating on Bufferbloat any more, and often, even an A is not possible. I regularly see the ping meter leap up to 20-40ms during the test.

This test always resulted in a rock solid A+ across the board with pings climbing no higher than 15ms for a single moment.

I am (and was) running FreshJR rules with codel enabled. I have checked to ensure that my Adaptive QoS manual limits are conservatively set, (to ensure it is not that my VDSL connection speed had changed since those limits were originally set).

^ you guys must have missed the fact that the DSLReports speed tests have been utterly horrible and unreliable for the past 6 months or so.

Many of their servers have been shut down, or disappeared. They're the *worst* speed test on the 'net right now.

For me, I have to run the HTTP version or it fails during the upload phase (might be a Firefox issue). Anyway, with 384.14 this is the first time I am getting A bufferbloat where I've always gotten a B. I do not have QoS enabled (never have). I just ran a test and got an A rating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!