What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.16 beta (and 384.13_5) are available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In case you missed it above (I replied to Adamm instead of you), your ISP is giving you a 10 minute DHCP lease, so the firewall will restart every 10 mins. Is the IP changing every 10 minutes or just renewing every 10 minutes? You may need to ask your ISP about it.
Thanks for the explanation. I’ll follow up with my ISP. My ip isn’t changing, it’s just renewing every 10 min. Outside of that, is there anything that would have changed in the firmware between 384.16 beta 1 and beta 2 that would have changed this behavior? I can’t pinpoint a direct correlation other than I didn’t notice this problem until this week. Last week the webui page for Skynet only showed daily a daily refresh around 12:45am.

Thanks for the explanation. I’ll follow up with my ISP. My ip isn’t changing, it’s just renewing every 10 min. Outside of that, is there anything that would have changed in the firmware between 384.16 beta 1 and beta 2 that would have changed this behavior? I can’t pinpoint a direct correlation other than I didn’t notice this problem until this week. Last week the webui page for Skynet only showed daily a daily refresh around 12:45am.
I don't think there were any significant changes between beta1 and beta2 related to dhcp. One thing I did not long ago out of curiosity was to create an empty /jffs/scripts/dhcpc-event file so that my syslog will log normal WAN dhcp events just so I could understand when the dhcp lease was being renewed. It sounds to me that your lease is not being renewed at the halfway point (5 mins), but is expiring and being bound again after 10 mins. I'm no DHCP expert though.
Code:
Mar 16 00:43:18 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/dhcpc-event (args: renew)
Mar 16 11:33:03 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/dhcpc-event (args: deconfig)
Mar 16 11:33:04 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/dhcpc-event (args: deconfig)
Mar 16 11:33:04 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/dhcpc-event (args: bound)
Mar 16 11:34:13 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/dhcpc-event (args: deconfig)
Mar 16 11:34:14 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/dhcpc-event (args: deconfig)
Mar 16 11:34:14 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/dhcpc-event (args: bound)
Mar 17 08:02:32 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/dhcpc-event (args: deconfig)
Mar 17 08:02:33 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/dhcpc-event (args: deconfig)
Mar 17 08:02:36 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/dhcpc-event (args: bound)
Mar 17 08:02:52 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/dhcpc-event (args: renew)
Mar 17 08:03:18 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/dhcpc-event (args: deconfig)
Mar 17 08:03:19 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/dhcpc-event (args: bound)
Mar 18 11:33:37 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/dhcpc-event (args: renew)
Mar 20 06:38:28 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/dhcpc-event (args: renew)
Mar 22 06:38:28 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/dhcpc-event (args: renew)
Mar 24 06:38:28 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/dhcpc-event (args: renew)
Mar 25 13:02:23 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/dhcpc-event (args: deconfig)
Mar 25 13:02:24 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/dhcpc-event (args: deconfig)
Mar 25 13:02:25 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/dhcpc-event (args: bound)
Mar 25 13:06:17 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/dhcpc-event (args: deconfig)
Mar 25 13:06:18 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/dhcpc-event (args: deconfig)
Mar 25 13:06:18 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/dhcpc-event (args: bound)
Mar 25 13:06:43 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/dhcpc-event (args: deconfig)
Mar 25 13:06:44 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/dhcpc-event (args: deconfig)
Mar 25 13:06:44 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/dhcpc-event (args: bound)

Before you contact your ISP, I would bypass router and plug isp modem directly onto computer and check network connections, it will tell you about how long is lease is assigned by dhcp.

Before you contact your ISP, I would bypass router and plug isp modem directly onto computer and check network connections, it will tell you about how long is lease is assigned by dhcp.
Why do this when the Asus router will tell you the same thing?

@RMerlin can you please compile it for AC86U even if the "only" update is the new wifi driver?
So we can test it before a new beta/main release.

Thanks!

You'll have to compile it yourselves. I'm swamped with work this week, and have no time to touch this project.

You'll have to compile it yourselves. I'm swamped with work this week, and have no time to touch this project.
Thanks for the upfront and honest response. You rock!

Thanks for all your work.

I have updated to Beta 2 on my RT-AC86U and dind't notice a problem.

The only problem I noticed is with the Internet Uptime Monitoring en Speedtest script.
They work just work for a couple of days and then stop working, when I give the command to test it will work again for a couple of days.

I also update now my 2 RT-AC68U routers to Beta 2, but the report offline after 12-24 hours.
I have to reboot them and they show up again, but after some time they report offline again.

All routers had a clean full factory reset befor and after the flashing Beta 2

@RMerlin can you please compile it for AC86U even if the "only" update is the new wifi driver?
So we can test it before a new beta/main release.

Thanks!
Maybe revert to the latest stock firmware and test the QoS that way. @Adamm could maybe show you how to compile it or send you a compiled file

You can use this script to set up a working build env on a Ubuntu 18.04 VM.
Thanks! Let me first setup a VM.
Any recommendations on a good software for windows?
After I setup VM, how can I call that script?
Completely blind in Linux.

After I setup VM, how can I call that script?
Completely blind in Linux.
I use Hyper-V

If your not familiar with VM's/Linux/compiling software I suggest against it and just wait for the next Merlin release.

Thanks for all your work.

I have updated to Beta 2 on my RT-AC86U and dind't notice a problem.

The only problem I noticed is with the Internet Uptime Monitoring en Speedtest script.
They work just work for a couple of days and then stop working, when I give the command to test it will work again for a couple of days.

I also update now my 2 RT-AC68U routers to Beta 2, but the report offline after 12-24 hours.
I have to reboot them and they show up again, but after some time they report offline again.

All routers had a clean full factory reset befor and after the flashing Beta 2
You need to post in the correct corresponding threads not on this one.

Speed: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/spdmerlin-automated-speedtests-with-graphs.55904/
Uptime: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/connmon-internet-connection-monitoring.56163/unread

Yes, this is what happened to me.
For the record, this morning and after retrying to disable/re-enable DDNS, my new IP was correctly registered. Apparently and according to the log messages there was an asus name server down (ns1.asuscomm.com) which was causing this and other servers to be unreachable and preventing the DDNS register to complete successfully, so the problem was due to external causes and not a problem related to this beta.

I have change my asus ddns with an other name and reverted back to my original ddns and after this my ddns work again. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!