What's new

[beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.17 beta is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
With this root doing a opkg update takes a very long time, it does finish though. Maybe its just my internet connection right now.

Just installed the beta. Will let it run for a day and I'll report back tomorrow if anything looks amiss.

Just updated to 384.17_beta1
Seems curl not working as is should, get "curl error 27" when trying to send mail with curl.
Never get it before. - UPDATED: curl to 7.69.1.

Flashed back to 384.16_0 and it's working again.......:p

Code:
CURLE_OUT_OF_MEMORY (27)
A memory allocation request failed. This is serious badness and things are severely screwed up if this ever occurs.

@RMerlin
Someone else have this problem? Those of you using curl......;)

Code:
setCurlOption(CURLOPT_SSLVERSION, 4)
When I commented this line the problem was fixed???

Last edited:
@maghuro you need to make sure the beat is groovy and un'bear'able to resist too. :)

Successfully installed the beta onto friends RT-AC87U and my home AiMesh network of RT-AX88U + 2x RT-86U's. I had left in the USB drive (Diversion, Skynet, Unbound, FreshRJ QOS etc) for the RT-AX88U update and all ok.
With .15 & .16 levels had to remove the USB drive from the RT-AX88U, otherwise the 5GHz band wouldn't fully enable correctly...then...had to power off Router, leave for at least 10mins or more, power up without the USB drive, flash the firmware, then install the USB drive.

GUI seems snappier?
Typical placebo effect most likely...simply faster after a reboot. This seems to be noticed by a few people every time a new firmware is released/installed.

@maghuro you need to make sure the beat is groovy and un'bear'able to resist too. :)
As a non-native English speaker (Portuguese) I didn't understand you at first, but then... As a professional musician (saxophonist) I saw what you mean :D:D:D

First dad joke ever on Merlin threads. You sir deserve a medal (and a cup of tea!):D

Edit: just to be POSIX compliant, please use instead un$(bear)able :p

Dirty flash from 384.16 to new beta was seamless. All working fine.

Trend Micro Parental Controls and Time Scheduling do not work with this beta or .16 on RT-AX58U. 384_8601 works correctly.

Anyone else own this router that can flip it on as a test? I get the feeling these features are not used by very many.

Again Trend micro is likely closed source. Merlin will need a fresh GPL to implement those changes that you see in 8601.

Someone else have this problem? Those of you using curl......;)

I can't reproduce here. I just successfully sent an email through my ISP's SMTP, using STARTTLS.

What happens when you enable verbose logging (by adding the -v switch)?

Last edited:
And how to make dropbear use chacha20?

By telling your SSH client to use it, with a higher priority than other ciphers.

upload_2020-4-23_21-27-9.png

Yes Indeed but only this.
FIXED: Various webui issues with sorting DHCP reservations.

As noted, those are strictly specific to DHCP sorting. One issue was the sort order could change when new entries were added, another issue was a Javascript error if the list contained clients that weren't found in the networkmap client list.

Howdy folks,

This will be just a quick test run to ensure that nothing is broken, as I'd like to push this release out within a few days. Normally I would have made it just a point release, but since I had already bumped the revision to 384.17, it was faster for me to just push it as-is rather than fork out and cherry-pick a couple of fixes.

It contains only a couple of updates, including an OpenSSL security update that affects TLS 1.3.

I have uploaded the files to the test build folders:

http://www.asuswrt-merlin.net/test-builds

The list of changes:

Code:
384.17 (xx-xxx-xxxx)
  - NEW: Add Chacha20-poly1305 support to dropbear (themiron)
  - UPDATED: dnsmasq to 2.81-openssl (themiron)
  - UPDATED: openvpn to 2.4.9.
  - UPDATED: curl to 7.69.1.
  - UPDATED: openssl-1.1 to 1.1.1g (themiron)
  - UPDATED: nano to 4.9.2.
  - FIXED: RT-AC88U/RT-AC3100/RT-AC5300 could fail to upgrade
           from newer stock versions to Asuswrt-Merlin.
  - FIXED: Various webui issues with sorting DHCP reservations.

384.13_7 (xx-xxx-xxxx)
  This release is only available for the RT-AC87U and RT-AC3200.

- UPDATED: dnsmasq to 2.81-openssl (themiron)
  - UPDATED: openvpn to 2.4.9.
  - UPDATED: openssl-1.1 to 1.1.1g (themiron)

Please confirm that everything is still working properly (and don't forget to mention which router model you tested).
Working with RT-AX88u, RT-AC5300, and RT-AC3100, can confirm 12 hours of operation already. will test rtac68u later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!