What's new

"Block internet access" option in web UI

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

orion44

Regular Contributor
The Asus Router Android app has an option to "Block internet access" when viewing a device. I tested and confirmed this option works with Merlin firmware. My question is, where can I update this via the web UI? I wasn't able to find anything under firewall or parental controls. Is this option available in the app only?

I enabled this feature for an old Android tablet that I use as an IP camera viewer (home security monitor). Works great!

9xTG9NO.png

In Network Map, click on Clients icon.
In the Client status list on the right, click on Device you want to block.
Pop up window gives you the option.

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I'm back to running on stock firmware and are you supposed to be able to block access via the client list? I have no options to change:

upload_2018-4-18_14-47-52.png

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I'm back to running on stock firmware and are you supposed to be able to block access via the client list? I have no options to change:

View attachment 12743

You are supposed to click on the circle icon above the "view list" button and not "view list" button itself.

A different client list appears at the right hand side.

You click on a device and a pop up appears with additional toggles.

In all honesty they should design the same pop-up to appear form "view list" to keep functionality uniform.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!