What's new

Blocking router login from Wifi

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Augon

New Around Here
Base info: I'm on a AC68P running 376.49_5

I'm trying to find out if it's possible to block router log-in attempts from WiFi connections. I'm looking for this because I'm paranoid and I realize how easy it is to break into a secure WiFi network if a person is motivated.

I know under Administration -> System we can block attempts from the WAN. I also know that under DD-WRT on my Linksys it's possible to do what I'm looking for, but I can not find the option under Asuswrt. I've dug through I believe all the normal menus and the Wiki, so any tips/advice would be appreciated.

I think that is only possible with a Guest Wifi (Access Internet: Off). But will also effectively isolate the client from any other network shared devices and services too.

Could reserve an IP for the device you use to login then set the router to allow login from only your IP.

Kev, that thought has crossed my mind, but I was hoping for a more universal approach. That will be my stop gap until a better solution can be found or possibly the feature can be added to the firmware.