What's new

Bonding wireless adapters

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

markbsigler

New Around Here
I have a Linksys WRT600N v1.1 wireless router with DD-WRT v24sp1 mega firmware. Clients are mostly 802.11g, although I do have a Linksys WUSB300N 802.11n client on the same Windows7RC PC with a DLink 802.11g client.

I setup the wireless router for AP mode with Mixed clients and Auto channel settings on both radios (wl0 and wl1)), but different SSID's that are broadcast.

Windows doesn't seem to have a way to manage multiple networks, or establish a preference. I would like to have the 802.11n client adapter connect to wl1 on that SSID, and ideally have the OS prefer that connection for traffic and use the 802.11g adapter on wl0 and it's SSID for additional bandwidth. Have no idea how to make that happen.

Also, tried setting wl0 to G-only and wl1 to N-only to isolate, but it seems that both or either adapter always went into G mode.

Any recommendation on how to optimize this setup? Thanks.

-Mark

I don't think that there are any wireless adapters that support bonding or aggregation.

The built-in Windows wireless utility does allow you to manage multiple networks as long as they have unique SSIDs. You can manage the priority of network connections in the Network properties, Wireless Networks tab by moving the SSIDs in the Preferred Networks box.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!