What's new

Brand new RT-5300AC 2.4GHz keep saying wrong password

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Logi

it worked for 2 days and now it keeps saying wrong password, I've reseted to factory defaults but same, any idea the root cause for the problem? Thanks

Two possibilities:

1) Run out of space in NVRAM.
2) Corrupted NVRAM settings because you are using some non-alphanumeric characters in an input field.

Use alpha numeric and characters (max 16 characters allowed) . Not sure you can use a space.

I use a p/word generator for something like this :

TXkT@L4sHmpg!TKc

Use alpha numeric and characters (max 16 characters allowed) . Not sure you can use a space.

I use a p/word generator for something like this :
I have the exact same router at a different location without any problem, the only different is that one I bought it 2 years ago, the current one with the issue I just bought it, it worked fine for 2 days. I have same passwords with the 5 GHz networks working fine, it is something with the 2.4Ghz band that is not working

You mean the WAP key then , not password? Nowhere did you mention WiFi .

Reactions: a5m
I connected the cable provided router (testing) and configured the exact same network, same SID, same password and it is working OK. Definitely it is something weird in the router while doing the wireless 2.4ghz authentication

So are you saying that after you last reset it to factory defaults and configured it manually that it worked for 2 days and then suddenly it didn't?

So are you saying that after you last reset it to factory defaults and configured it manually that it worked for 2 days and then suddenly it didn't?
Correct, it is super weird. Unless the reset I did wasn't truly factory, I did it from within the web interface

Unless the reset I did wasn't truly factory, I did it from within the web interface
That should be OK. You could try again by pressing the Reset button for 5 seconds while the router is running. But it really shouldn't be any different from what you did.

Do you have any other WiFi access points or repeaters/extenders on your network?

That should be OK. You could try again by pressing the Reset button for 5 seconds while the router is running. But it really shouldn't be any different from what you did.

Do you have any other WiFi access points or repeaters/extenders on your network?
None, it is the only device

Correct, it is super weird. Unless the reset I did wasn't truly factory, I did it from within the web interface

Just go into the router settings for the 2.4 wifi and type in the password you want it to be and click save......see if it starts working again

I've done that 10 times already, same
Then is sounds like the device is doing something when you try to connect. What is the device and are you typing the password each time or was it typed once, saved, and auto connect working for two days and then stopped working

can you change the 2.4 channels?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!