What's new

Cannot get Android USB Tethering working (Cold Standby)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Salty Wagyu

Occasional Visitor
I lost DSL sync a few times last night so I tried to connect my OnePlus 8T phone to the AX-86U and enabling 3G/4G and USB tethering without any luck in getting it working. Fast forward to today, I unplugged the DSL cable from the router to test this further and try out things to get it working:

1. Enable USB 3.0 instead of 2.0
2. Swap Secondary WAN (USB) with Primary WAN (in-case the dual wan failover wasn't working correctly)
3. Removed my custom settings in WAN IP and DNS settings (because USB was using those values for some reason - see 1st screenshot)
4. Disabled Dual WAN and made USB the default (this is still using my custom WAN IP and DNS settings for some reason though - see 3rd screenshot)

But it still doesn't work, it appears to be stuck in Cold Standby / Disconnected. Any ideas on where I might be going wrong?

Attachments

• chrome_cqHQnY9fbo.png
    chrome_cqHQnY9fbo.png
    377.1 KB · Views: 199
  • chrome_fsbP2Zol5G.png
    chrome_fsbP2Zol5G.png
    30 KB · Views: 171
  • chrome_DyoejIUzxv.png
    chrome_DyoejIUzxv.png
    355.8 KB · Views: 174
Hi, up this post because i have the same problem. I have a AX58U and if I connect any phone the tethering not run. I tried with two phones, OP Nord and xiaomi mi6, with the same result. When I connected the OP in the log show that the system recognizes it like a CDROM.

Code:
May  5 07:23:44 kernel: scsi 0:0:0:0: CD-ROM            OnePlus  Device Driver    0419 PQ: 0 ANSI: 2
May  5 07:23:44 kernel: scsi 0:0:0:0: Attached scsi generic sg0 type 5

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!