What's new

Solved Cannot upload file using scp: "sh: /opt/libexec/sftp-server: not found"

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

What do you mean? Through a web browser or from the internet (i.e. remote location)? Are you looking for an easy way to transfer a file to the router as opposed to editing a file through ssh? If so, and you are a MS user, you can use WinSCP. I use it almost exclusively to edit my scripts via notepad++.

What do you mean? Through a web browser or from the internet (i.e. remote location)? Are you looking for an easy way to transfer a file to the router as opposed to editing a file through ssh? If so, and you are a MS user, you can use WinSCP. I use it almost exclusively to edit my scripts via notepad++.
Yes, but I'm trying to upload some binary files. When I use scp command, it failed with
Code:
sh: /opt/libexec/sftp-server: not found
scp: Connection closed
I know I can install enterware and install opens-sftp-server to make it work. But I'm wondering if I can upload through webUI directly.

Seems that scp has been disabled. See the post below. You can transfer files as well with WinSCP or perhaps use SSH directly to copy the files you need (I use SSH to distribute new certificates to my machines upon renewal).

EDIT: Sorry, I just realized that I use SSH to execute remote commands. I use rsync to transfer files.