1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Can't access RT‑AC1900P web gui

Discussion in 'ASUSWRT - Official' started by houmi, Aug 2, 2018.

1. houmi

houmi Occasional Visitor

I am on latest firmware for Asus for RT-AC1900P, AIMesh is enabled, node is also a RT-AC1900P (wired)

I can ping 192.168.1.1 internally and browse anywhere on the internet from LAN, can access both 2.4/5ghz wifi bands, but when I try to go to the router web gui, it just waits forever trying to connect to 192.168.1.1 (either Safari or Chrome on Mac, iPhone or iPad)

I tried also VPN to the router from outside using OpenVPN since server is running on the router, and it does assign the IP correctly but can't connect to webgui either.

2. Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!
  3. bbunge

bbunge Senior Member

My router defaults to 192.168.50.1

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

4. houmi

houmi Occasional Visitor

Mine is 192.168.1.1, I did a chrome network trace on the AIMesh node IP and it's correctly redirecting to the router, so the web server must have crapped out on the latter. I wish I had ssh enabled as I recently moved to the Official from Merlin about two weeks ago.

5. indark

indark Regular Contributor

might have crashed, try manually reboot should help solve the issue.

6. houmi

houmi Occasional Visitor

I ended up rebooting it, but this time I enabled ssh in case it happens again.

indark likes this.
  7. follower

follower Regular Contributor

Do you have another router from your ISP?

8. houmi

houmi Occasional Visitor

No, these two are my own. I do own other routers like old Netgear & Linksys though...

Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!