What's new

Configuring 2x EnGenius ECB-9500 as bridge and access point

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RaptorSystems

New Around Here
Hi,

It seems so simple but I can't get it to work. For one, the EnGenius manual doesn't look the same like the setup menu of my bridges. I just can't find the settings from the screenshots.

What I want to do is this:
I've got two Engenius ECB-9500. One is wired to a SiteCom gigabit switch which is connected to a PS3, Sonos, TViX and Qnap 409.
I want to use this EnGenius as an access point for my notebooks, iPad and HTC.

My ADSL internet connection is on the other side of my house. I've got another EnGenius which I want to connect as a bridge.

The bridge seems to work and connect, but I can't get my internet connection to work. Is there any way to set this up?

Another thing is that the file transfer speed is very slow. It takes over 30 minutes to move an iso-file to the NAS. I can move the same iso-file under 3 minutes when I wire the notebook to the switch. Everything is connected with gigabit ports and cables. I'm only transmitting Wifi-n with AES security, on a channel which I know is available. The connection with the Wifi is almost 100%.

Last edited:
All you shoud need to do is put one ecb9500 in AP mode and the Other in CB mode and connect the two.

Remember that you only have 3 non overlapping WiFi channels 1,6 and 11 to use if there are any other AP's in the area.

Diable the WiFi on your router and only use the ecb9500 they may be steping on eachother.

We have a lot more information on the ecb9500 here:

http://www.keenansystems.com/store/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=2&products_id=269

Thank you for replying.

1) I wired the Sonos/Qnap/PS3/TViX to one EnGenius "AP". I also connected my mobile devices to this AP.

2) I wired the ADSL modem to the other EnGenius "CB".

3) I connected the two EnGeniuses.

4) My LAN works, but none of my devices can access the internet. But I can access the NAS and so on. I also can connect to the modems web config page. So I should also be able to access the internet, right?

Did I forget something in my DHCP or router settings?
I also tried the repeater and the WDS functionallity but neither of them seems to do the job. When I connect the AP to the modem, I can access the internet over Wifi. But it's really really slow from the room nextdoor.

you have it backwards the AP should be on the router side the CB on the client side. Your router will pass DHCP info to the clients wired to the CB.

I know. But is DHCP only going to work wired? The reason I tried this is that I cannot put the access point near the modem because the WiFi signal is to weak. I tried it the other way arround, but none of my wireless devices can connect to the AP when it's in the other corner of the house. They're only 10m appart but there are 3 walls in between. Enough to drop the WiFi signal to 60%.
Can I configure the CB as repeater simultaneously?

Last edited:
Unproctected connection

I have this device also on my home network. Actually its power is great to penetrate the wall. However, I found problems on setting the security protocol. For once only, I could set WPA nor WPA2 setup. After I changed my router (Dlink-DIR825) setting, I had to re-setup this ECB9500 again following the new setting and the problem came up. It can give access to the internet, but only if I set no security protocol. If I change the successful connection without password to be passworded, then the connection will become fail.

Any clue for this??

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!