What's new

Could GS-AX3000 NOT be passing UDP to Internet?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dwp

Regular Contributor
My GS-AX3000 is on 3.0.0.4.386_43588 and I know this is not up-to-date but I see no compelling reason to update and risk an otherwise working system at this time.

I have a large number of wifi-enabled thermometers that operate by sending UDP messages to an internet server containing the current temperature. At one point in time or another, each of the units I own have quit showing their current temperatures updated on the server.

I have captured packets on the router and can clearly see the internet-bound packets repeatedly occurring in Wireshark. But I have found that most time this happens, once I reboot the router things go back to "normal".

At this point, I cannot say if the issue is that the UDP is, in fact, sent to the internet OR if the router itself is failing for some reason to actually put them on the wire to my DSL modem. I am having very little luck in getting anywhere with the server-side folks. So I thought I would check here if there is any router issue/setting I must address?

Thanks

My GS-AX3000 is on 3.0.0.4.386_43588 and I know this is not up-to-date but I see no compelling reason to update and risk an otherwise working system at this time.

I have a large number of wifi-enabled thermometers that operate by sending UDP messages to an internet server containing the current temperature. At one point in time or another, each of the units I own have quit showing their current temperatures updated on the server.

I have captured packets on the router and can clearly see the internet-bound packets repeatedly occurring in Wireshark. But I have found that most time this happens, once I reboot the router things go back to "normal".

At this point, I cannot say if the issue is that the UDP is, in fact, sent to the internet OR if the router itself is failing for some reason to actually put them on the wire to my DSL modem. I am having very little luck in getting anywhere with the server-side folks. So I thought I would check here if there is any router issue/setting I must address?

Thanks

If no significant issues reported here in the related 'new firmware' thread (if any), then I prefer to upgrade to move forward and get the latest fixes.

You already have IoT client/DSL?/IoT cloud troubleshooting to do with your current firmware... save your current configuration and firmware to disk and give the firmware upgrade a shot... you can always revert and restore.

Wait a bit longer here... a GS-AX3000 user may respond.

OE

If no significant issues reported here in the related 'new firmware' thread (if any), then I prefer to upgrade to move forward and get the latest fixes.

You already have IoT client/DSL?/IoT cloud troubleshooting to do with your current firmware... save your current configuration and firmware to disk and give the firmware upgrade a shot... you can always revert and restore.

Wait a bit longer here... a GS-AX3000 user may respond.

OE
Thanks. The fixed memory leak might be a good thing. I was having issues with this firmware as powering off a wired, connected device (say my TV) would cause crashes and that MIGHT have been caused by a memory leak. But rebooting nightly has all but eliminated that issue. Cheers

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!