What's new

Could not access WebUI

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Wreck

New Around Here
Hi,

Yesterday when I tried to login to the WebUI it loaded extremely slow. After several minutes I got a message saying something like
"The settings have been updated. The website will now be updated.
Changes have been made on IP address or port number. You will now be disconnected from RT-AC68U.
To access the settings for RT-AC68U, reconnect to the wireless network and use the updated IP address and port."

However, I could sort-of connect via the Asus phone app, and there my AIMesh Node showed as offline (my AIMesh router showed as online though). I did a power cycle on that one, but that did not resolve the issue.

I then did a power cycle on the AIMesh router instead, and that did the trick. I could now access the router via the normal IP.

Is this something to be worried about, or is it something that can happen? I have never seen it before, but I have been tinkering with a lot of router settings the last days (however mainly in the wireless - professional tab, so nothing with ports, VPN etc.).

I use the latest Asus FW on both routers.

Internet access was still working as normal.

Anything I should be looking out for in the WebUI to see if there's any suspicious activity going on?

I was close to my AIMesh node when I had this problem. Not sure if I was connected to it though, but perhaps that might've been the issue that the AIMesh node got a bit FUBAR and required both the node and router to be restarted in order for me to access the WebUI via the node (if I was connected to it, which I do not know)?

Last edited:
Hi,

Yesterday when I tried to login to the WebUI it loaded extremely slow. After several minutes I got a message saying something like
"The settings have been updated. The website will now be updated.
Changes have been made on IP address or port number. You will now be disconnected from RT-AC68U.
To access the settings for RT-AC68U, reconnect to the wireless network and use the updated IP address and port."

However, I could sort-of connect via the Asus phone app, and there my AIMesh Node showed as offline (my AIMesh router showed as online though). I did a power cycle on that one, but that did not resolve the issue.

I then did a power cycle on the AIMesh router instead, and that did the trick. I could now access the router via the normal IP.

Is this something to be worried about, or is it something that can happen? I have never seen it before, but I have been tinkering with a lot of router settings the last days (however mainly in the wireless - professional tab, so nothing with ports, VPN etc.).

I use the latest Asus FW on both routers.

Internet access was still working as normal.

Anything I should be looking out for in the WebUI to see if there's any suspicious activity going on?

I was close to my AIMesh node when I had this problem. Not sure if I was connected to it though, but perhaps that might've been the issue that the AIMesh node got a bit FUBAR and required both the node and router to be restarted in order for me to access the WebUI via the node (if I was connected to it, which I do not know)?

I would only suggest:
o Use a directly wired PC client to access the router webUI.
o Disable any other router access.
o Manage AiMesh nodes from the router webUI.
o Skip using the Asus app... this avoids using i) a constantly changing, constantly exposed mobile OS platform... Android is ridiculous, imo; ii) an overly sensitive and mistake-prone touch user interface; and iii) a more fragile wireless connection for router admin.

If you still have a weird router management experience, then investigate that to determine hardware, firmware, or malicious cause.

OE

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!