What's new

i have an asus gt-ac1100 and it is behind cgnat.. cannot get remote web access working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

lgkahn

Occasional Visitor
i have gotten a openvpn client working connecting to my home/other reouter.. i can ping the default openvpn ip of 10.9.0.2 and even ssh to the router via that..

but i cannot connect to the routers web page..if i telnet ot port 80 443 or even 8443 (when i enable remote wan access) i just get connection refused..

as mentioned it is on starlink behind cgnat.. i currently can get intermittant access to the web interface (when it works and stays up) with a reverse ssl tunnel i enabled, but i am paying for that and i would like to get web access via the always on outging openvpn client that is mentioned above..

thanks in advance..

i currently do not have the firewall enabled as it wouldnt do much anyway when behind cgnat..

Not very clear what's behind CG-NAT - the router you want to connect to (VPN Server) or the router you want to connect from (VPN Client).

You better enable the Firewall on your router. You don't know how the ISP firewall is set.

not what i asked.. behind cgnat nothing can get to you, firewall not necessary and does nothing,.

Good luck.

have you even researched what cgnat is.. if so you would know nothing can get through to the router and a firewall is superfous

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!