What's new

Coverage: AX86U vs AX88U vs AX89U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Logi

Will the additional external antennas on the 88 and 89 will help to have an important additional coverage in the 2.4G band?

Just for clarity, all my Ring devices (cameras, alarm, lights) connect flawlessly to the RT-AX86U, it is that just 3 of them, out of 25 Ring devices, for a total of 42 devices at home, are on the edge and with very low RSSI. I am trying to avoid having to add an AiMesh device, therefore trying to optimize the new one I have (RT-AX86U), or replace it with something with a little bit of more coverage, for those 3 edge devices.

Without knowing the topology - or actual layout - of your house, it's impossible to guess RSSI issues.
I have a 3600 sq ft house, and - for reasons unknown to everyone - our formal dining room is a dead zone.
And my garage door opener has awful signal, even though it's 10 feet from the router - any router.
There are a gazillion reasons for WiFi interference - ESPECIALLY on the 2.4Ghz band - so... get a damn extender dude.
(also why in God's name do you have 25 cameras?)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!