What's new

CPU one always at 100%

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ferdinandpc

Occasional Visitor
Hi, I have the AX88U and from a long time i watch that the cpu number one always runs at 100%. Recently, I upgraded to the version 384.17 of Asuswrt-Merlin and have the same problem. With top I see that the problem is the process "skb_free_task". I try to kill it but doesn't die. How can I fix it?

You need to give more information, I believe. what is 'long time'? What firmware are you running? What scripts, features, and other options have you enabled on your router?

Have you ever performed a full reset/Initialize all settings of the router, including formatting the JFFS partition on the next boot? And then, minimally and manually configure your router to secure it and connect to your ISP?

Or, did you instead just import a saved backup config file?

Not just more details, but complete details too of what you have tried and how the router has come to this point (or better, the first time the router showed this issue) will be the most helpful to help you back. :)

Hi, i don't remember when start it, I usually reboot the router all nights and not always connect to the webgui. It works fine not low speed or bad performance. Now it has connect a usb for diversion and skynet programs, has the version 384.17 of RMerlin and install it with complete erase data. I search and someone say that the problem can be for use auto channel for wifi, now i set manual channels for 2,4 and 5 GHz to try.

Hi, after 2 days the same problem.
upload_2020-5-14_18-4-8.png

I don't know when start to use all the cpu1. I restarted services like skynet or diversion but if not reboot the process not stop.

View attachment 23476

I don't know when start to use all the cpu1. I restarted services like skynet or diversion but if not reboot the process not stop.

You might want to post in the Asuswrt-Merlin forum for more Merlin eyes.

OE

View attachment 23476

That process is a kernel thread you can't terminate it and you have no control over it.
It shouldn't be taking lots of CPU.

You could try re-installing the current firware and power it down for a bit and then back on.
If that doesn't help then it maybe a good idea to do a factory reset to default, then re-install the current firmware again followed by a further factory reset and a power toggle again. I know that not all of that should be required but may be worth it. The other thing would be to leave the router turned off for a couple of minutes before powering on, after re-loading and factory reset.

That process is a kernel thread you can't terminate it and you have no control over it.
It shouldn't be taking lots of CPU.

You could try re-installing the current firware and power it down for a bit and then back on.
If that doesn't help then it maybe a good idea to do a factory reset to default, then re-install the current firmware again followed by a further factory reset and a power toggle again. I know that not all of that should be required but may be worth it. The other thing would be to leave the router turned off for a couple of minutes before powering on, after re-loading and factory reset.

And verify the firmware your going to use is ok using the ASUS provided MD5 checksum.
Or the SHA256 signature if the firmware is Merlin's.

Last edited: