What's new

Currently running an R7800 - have an AX4200 RX43 in the house - worth it to give it a try?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ex313

Regular Contributor
family member dropped off a bunch of goods and one of that AX routers was in the box. Any thoughts on how it performs compared to a Voxel equipped R7800?

You'll need to tell us this story. :)

My condolences for your loss. I did not mean that part of the story.

The comparison between the two routers is what was intended.

After you're ready to, of course.

(I can't recall having seen an AX4200 RX43 mentioned on the forums previously).

No worries - it ok - not someone super close.

I am not disatisfied with the R7800 - I was just curious if there was room for improvement moving from an AC to an AX based router. From some of my readings, even though the new hardware is Broadcom based its got some serious issues. Just curious if anyone had transitioned to a newer Nighthawk unit and if it was worth changing over the hardware to test it out.

Moving from a specific model to a specific model is important when considering if AC class hardware is inferior to AX class hardware. The classes themselves mean little (on their own).

Everything is always worth testing things out on, at least for educational purposes. Please share here if you make this comparison in your environment.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!