What's new

Custom DDNS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Nem2k

New Around Here
I'm trying to set up a custom DDNS script on my ac68u running merlin 378.56

When I choose Custom and click apply, it just stays on the "applying settings..." screen indefinitely. I thought maybe this is because I have not created my ddns-start script yet

So I used SSH to get into the router and tried to create /jffs/scripts/ddns-start

I run into a few problems when I try this. First, I can used nano because command is not found. Second, when is check to see whats in the /jffs directory its empty. OK, so I try to mkdir scripts, but it says the directory cant be created because its a read-only file system.

What is the correct way to actually set up my router with a custom ddns script?

Have you enabled Format JFFS partition at next reboot, then enabled JFFS custom scripts & configs in the Administration > System menu? Once the JFFS partition has been formatted, wait 5 minutes and reboot the router using the reboot button in the interface, then you should see the /jffs/scripts directory ready to go.

In case you haven't already you can refer to the wiki entry for Custom DDNS here.