What's new

Daul WAN with multiple ISP

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

salmon

Occasional Visitor
Hello,

My hardware is as follows:
- Asus AC68U (running merlins firmware)
- BT Openreach Huawei fiber modem (connects to Asus AC68U)
- BT smarthub (new ISP equipment, not yet installed)
- Sky Hub (not in use currently)

I currently have one ISP but I am having a second line installed with another ISP so that I have two connections.

On the first line the BT Openreach Huawei fiber modem is connected to the WAN port of my Asus AC68U. To allow this to connect I have to use Manual clientid (Option 61) on the Asus AC68U.

As I don't have another BT Openreach Huawei fiber modem and both lines require different authentications I will need to use the BT smartshub provided by the ISP.

When I setup my new line and connect it to the Asus AC68U router via dual wan I believe I would first need to disable DHCP on the BT smarthub and use DHCP on the Asus AC68U.

Once the DHCP is being handled by the Asus AC68U I need to disable NAT on the BT smarthub, however I don't think this is possible? So I was going to try and set up a DMZ.

- Do I set up a DMZ on the Asus AC68U for the BT smarthub?
- Will this setup work?

If you have any other ideas on how I could get this setup working please let me know. I was thinking possibly of use the old Sky hub to handle authentication and disabling NAT on the Asus AC68U instead.