What's new

Disable IPv6 when connected to VPN

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Just a little follow up. In my use case, I always enable or disable my various client vpns via shortcuts created on my iphone. I just added this command to a combined shortcut and it works great. It does the following:
  • Run Script over SSH with command "service start_vpnclient3" (3rd client config, for example)
  • Run Script over SSH with command "ip6tables -I FORWARD -m mac --mac-source 00:01:02:03:04:05 -j REJECT" (using mac address of device you want to disable IPv6 leak on, in my case an Apple TV box)
My script is logging into my asus router with ssh key btw, configured in Administration/System/Authorized Keys. Hope this helps someone else.

Just a little follow up. In my use case, I always enable or disable my various client vpns via shortcuts created on my iphone. I just added this command to a combined shortcut and it works great. It does the following:
  • Run Script over SSH with command "service start_vpnclient3" (3rd client config, for example)
  • Run Script over SSH with command "ip6tables -I FORWARD -m mac --mac-source 00:01:02:03:04:05 -j REJECT" (using mac address of device you want to disable IPv6 leak on, in my case an Apple TV box)
My script is logging into my asus router with ssh key btw, configured in Administration/System/Authorized Keys. Hope this helps someone else.

Does this still work for you?

I have a NordVPN client active for my Apple TV with VPN director but IPv6 keeps leaking through even though I added the MAC to ip6tables to REJECT.

When I start Hulu it works at first but then for the next episode it tells me I'm in the wrong region (while several other streaming apps don't have that issue). When I completely disable IPv6 & reconnect to the VPN I never get the wrong region error so something must still be leaking through IPv6 for certain apps...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!