What's new

Solved Rt-ax68s 2.4ghz band sucks. Better to disable?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Olndo Pindaro

Regular Contributor
I test signal in my house and performance of 2.4g are very bad. My devices are all 5.0ghz. There is any advantage to disable 2.4?
Thanks
Olindo

If you are happy with the range of 5GHz band and have nothing using 2.4GHz - you can disable it.

I found the guilty. Usb3 cable attached to the router. Removed it and performances are decent. I ordered one well shielded by amazon!

If you switch to USB 2.0 the stress on the router's CPU/RAM will be less and there will be no interference issues.

Hmm..I wasn't aware of the "S" version..I've been extremely happy with my RT-AX68U having upgraded from the AC68P! Glad you found the culprit

I found the guilty. Usb3 cable attached to the router. Removed it and performances are decent. I ordered one well shielded by amazon
Hmm..I wasn't aware of the "S" version..I've been extremely happy with my RT-AX68U having upgraded from the AC68P! Glad you found the culprit
I kwnow that U version is better but i found it in amazone warehouse at exceptionl price...

performance of 2.4g are very bad

You have to set some realistic expectations for 2.4GHz band. In most cases @20MHz wide channel you can get about 90Mbps throughput to 2-stream N client and about half to 1-stream N client. 2.4GHz band is not there for speed, but for range and compatibility with older wireless standards devices.

When i say very bad i say 0.3Mbys/s

Something is wrong there if this is relatively close to the router. Play with channels and see what works better. Set Auto and see what happens.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!