What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Is it just me, and things settling in since I switched on the YouTube option (and dnsmasq), or does anyone else’s network/connection seem less...fluid? Mine seems jittery, like when I’ve had too much coffee. Just a bit, mind you, but I can definitely see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it's a 4 eye monster, stay away from it
20de1072dd7f6ffcacdf6269d8cc8349.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Now I’m going to have nightmares tonight! I wonder if kids get PTSD from it. Sounds like they should have one episode called “Peppa Pig goes beta testing YouTube Ad-Blockers”

VPN into your home’s secure router when off your wifi. I’m not even out of the driveway when my phone flips it on.

May I ask what app you use to automatically turn on the vpn client?

I meant to say connects rather than flips on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

could someone recommend me an app to connect automatically to your vpn server when away from your Home's wifi?

Edit: sorry if this is offtopic, but this way I could enjoy Diversion's wonders 24/7

Tasker has integrated Wireguard support and it works great. Very simple to do. I've got it set up so any access point I connect to outside my home or travel router (which acts as a VPN client as well) switches on my wireguard profile to connect home. I'm running a wireguard server on a Odroid C2. This is connected to my RT-AC68u which is used for the adblocking (Diversion) and DNS-over-TLS.

My goal is not to protect myself from my ISP but rather to keep my data safe (or safer...) while traveling.

I was using OpenVPN on the RT-AC68u but wireguard is MUCH faster and the C2 is inexpensive (but now the just released a C4).

Look what I found today after shopping for potatoes! A message from Above?

WOW!

Does the potato talk to you as well? Just asking. The social distancing thing is hard for some, just ask Wilson.

Last edited:
Or for a free alternative that works: Automate
Hmmm...that seems a bit like IFTTT meets Apple's Shortcuts...not a user of either, except for the Diversion Shortcut on the rare occasion.

Of potatos, fake news, scams and four eyed pigs.

Have @grub and I fooled you, is it the greatest scam you've ever been pulled into by a lonely coder desperate for attention?
Or is there some truth behind the YouTube video ads blocking?
We've all had a few days considering and experiencing the impact that feature has.
Let us know your story.

Have @grub and I fooled you, is it the greatest scam you've ever been pulled into by a lonely coder desperate for attention?
We've all had a few days considering and experiencing the impact that feature has.
Let us know your story.

I don't do much YouTubing but so far it seems to be working for me. I'm currently on 52 GoogleVideo subdomains after the initial setup and I'm not seeing any ads on about 95% of the videos and every ad I watch increases the subdomains count so I would say by design the script is doing its thing.

I don't do much YouTubing but so far it seems to be working for me. I'm currently on 52 GoogleVideo subdomains after the initial setup and I'm not seeing any ads on about 95% of the videos and every ad I watch increases the subdomains count so I would say by design the script is doing its thing.
Do you have to live through the entire ad to populate the list, or can you use Skip Ad after the ad has started playing?

could someone recommend me an app to connect automatically to your vpn server when away from your Home's wifi?

Edit: sorry if this is offtopic, but this way I could enjoy Diversion's wonders 24/7
I saw your comment here and it will be great if someone with the proper knowledge and some time can make a separate thread with an step by step guide on how to accomplish this - including setup of openvpn for dummies .
Sorry for off topic but I was looking for this for a while and it would be really helpful to have this explained and more of us can take advantage of it.
Thank you.

Let us know your story.

Doesn't work for me at all. I made a short video showing what happens to me on my Android devices. Sorry for the bad camera work but hopefully it's visible enough to get my point across on my experience.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!