What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

after upgrading entware, i now have intermittent connection drops and ssh disconnects from router. time for a 2nd reboot

Not sure if this is the best place to post this, but here goes.
I would like to replace my existing USB stick with a new, faster one. I have a full gambit of scripts installed, including Diversion and SkyNet.

What is the best way to swap the USB sticks out without losing data/script functionality? Or is it simply not possible?

after upgrading entware, i now have intermittent connection drops and ssh disconnects from router. time for a 2nd reboot

Second that. Random disconnects and my homepods have gone berserk; keep disconnecting, stopping halfway etc. Could just be a coincidence; will monitor and see what’s what.

@thelonelycoder I just saw that updated Entware packages are available. Is it save to update?
Maybe, I can't check as the Entware repo server is down:
@ryzhov_al cautiously says on GitHub that a hardware failure brought their server down.

We'll have to wait until they sourced whatever hardware that failed them.
We will wait patiently for them to fix it.

I have to say I am relieved to hear that. Thought that I was having issues at my end. I was about to get the spanners out. And the large hammer.

Ah, I am able to boot into Linux from a USB. I have PartedMagic which I find very useful.

Will all the permissions copy over too? Actually thinking about it, if it is a clone, they should.

Thanks for the pointer.

Just checked out that Parted magic that should work as it supports ext2, ext3, ext4, fat16, fat32, ntfs

Last edited:
Just checked out that Parted magic that should work as its supports ext2, ext3, ext4, fat16, fat32, ntfs
Thanks for this! I hope to use this to migrate from a slower/older USB stick to see if it helps alleviate issues I have with the new UiDivStats.

Thanks for this! I hope to use this to migrate from a slower/older USB stick to see if it helps alleviate issues I have with the new UiDivStats.

That is what I was hoping to use it for.

zyxmon commented on the link with 'fixed', 36 minutes ago. :)

I just updated my RT-AX88U's Entware installation too, with no issues. Glad the Entware team got a solution so soon.

I have Diversion (Standard) running on my 88u and 4GB USB2 flash drive formatted, with amtm, to EXT3.
Chrome clients running on Linux PCs and Android phones. Previous Ad blocker was/is uBlock origin.

Logs indicate that some Ads/Domains are being blocked, except that the router ie Diversion, does not seem to be blocking Youtube Ads, after disabling uBlock Origin, which I realise others have also mentioned in previous posts. Apparently Diversion has to learn to block the Youtube Ads via a learning process. The number of Ads is now driving be 'nuts'. I have Youtube Ad blocking enabled in Diversion via the b.8 setting.

Question: will re-enabling uBlock Origin, which successfully blocks the Ads, hamper Diversion 'learning' to block the Ads?

PS I would have thought that Diversion would 'see' the Ads before the Chrome client(s).

Reactions: a5m
I have Diversion (Standard) running on my 88u and 4GB USB2 flash drive formatted, with amtm, to EXT3.
Chrome clients running on Linux PCs and Android phones. Previous Ad blocker was/is uBlock origin.

Logs indicate that some Ads/Domains are being blocked, except that the router ie Diversion, does not seem to be blocking Youtube Ads, after disabling uBlock Origin, which I realise others have also mentioned in previous posts. Apparently Diversion has to learn to block the Youtube Ads via a learning process. The number of Ads is now driving be 'nuts'. I have Youtube Ad blocking enabled in Diversion via the b.8 setting.

Question: will re-enabling uBlock Origin, which successfully blocks the Ads, hamper Diversion 'learning' to block the Ads?

PS I would have thought that Diversion would 'see' the Ads before the Chrome client(s).
That YouTube experimental feature is a hit and miss. For some it works, others have a sad face story to tell.
You may safely use uBlock Origin in addition to Diversion.

That YouTube experimental feature is a hit and miss. For some it works, others have a sad face story to tell.
You may safely use uBlock Origin in addition to Diversion.

Thanks for the quick response, good to know that uBlock is still an option, although even with uBlock the Ads still get through on Android over WiFi. On a PC over LAN uBlock blocks all the Youtube Ads.

Am I correct in surmising that uBlock will not 'see' anything that has been blocked by Diversion?

Is there a reference that you can point me to as to the mechanics of how Diversion endeavours to intercept Youtube Ads compared to other Web Ads? How does the mechanism compare to that of Pi-Hole?

Thanks for the quick response, good to know that uBlock is still an option, although even with uBlock the Ads still get through on Android over WiFi. On a PC over LAN uBlock blocks all the Youtube Ads.

Am I correct in surmising that uBlock will not 'see' anything that has been blocked by Diversion?

Is there a reference that you can point me to as to the mechanics of how Diversion endeavours to intercept Youtube Ads compared to other Web Ads? How does the mechanism compare to that of Pi-Hole?
The mechanism is practically the same as Pi-hole, Diversion hijacks outgoing domain resolving by diverting it to a local IP address - which is either 0.0.0.0 or the pixelserv-tls IP. Thus, uBlock origin still will find things to do on the rendered web page.

Android uses hard coded IP adresses and may therefore circumvent Diversion.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!