• ATTENTION! You'll notice a Prefix dropdown when you create a thread. If your post applies to one of the topics listed, please use that Prefix for your post. When browsing the thread list you can use the Prefix to filter the view.
  • ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

Skillz

Occasional Visitor
DNSFilter is a proper solution for this problem yes.
I'm just thinking that if this is an Android wide issue, every person with an Android device would need to configure the DNSFilter to make sure the secondary dns isn't pointing to google.

I hope some other people will do the test and report back, so you can act on it if needed.

Last edited:

archiel

Using recommended settings above I can only see the router addresses (ipv4 and ipv6) for DNS1 and DNS2 addresses are blank (0.0.0.0 and :: ) Nokia 7.1 running Android 10

Skillz

Occasional Visitor
Using recommended settings above I can only see the router addresses (ipv4 and ipv6) for DNS1 and DNS2 addresses are blank (0.0.0.0 and :: ) Nokia 7.1 running Android 10
thank you for testing, I'm on OnePlus 6 Android 9
I really hope it's just me

Opasen

Occasional Visitor
thank you for testing, I'm on OnePlus 6 Android 9
I really hope it's just me
I have a OnePlus 5T and with both Android 9 and 10 I get 8.8.8.8 as my secondary DNS.

If you use Chrome you can try disabling Async DNS resolver from chrome://flags. Unfortunately for me I still get Google DNS as my secondary.

dave14305

Part of the Furniture

Ubimo

I wanted to add "*.connectedpdf.com" to the wc blacklist. (without the quotes of course)
Diversion says, I can't add it because it has a "*" in the domain name. What am I doing wrong?

Asad Ali

Very Senior Member
I wanted to add "*.connectedpdf.com" to the wc blacklist. (without the quotes of course)
Diversion says, I can't add it because it has a "*" in the domain name. What am I doing wrong?

Remove the * and add it like "connectedpdf.com" and Diversion will do the rest.

root

Occasional Visitor
When I tried to enable ad blocking for Youtube I got this error message: "Error No recent YouTube domain found, view some YouTube videos in a browser!" so I watched some videos with ads on my PC and tried again and then I got the following error message: "Error YouTube IP is not valid". What am i doing wrong?

thelonelycoder

Part of the Furniture
When I tried to enable ad blocking for Youtube I got this error message: "Error No recent YouTube domain found, view some YouTube videos in a browser!" so I watched some videos with ads on my PC and tried again and then I got the following error message: "Error YouTube IP is not valid". What am i doing wrong?
Is Diversion up to date? Run u to check.

thelonelycoder

Part of the Furniture
Yes, it's up to date, also ran uu.
Do you have a reset option in b, 8? If so, reset it and try enabling it again.
If that is not available or still not works, then there's option d, 7 to reset the Dnsmasq log files. Be aware that this will skew stats if you have it enabled, but it should work.

root

Occasional Visitor
Do you have a reset option in b, 8? If so, reset it and try enabling it again.
If that is not available or still not works, then there's option d, 7 to reset the Dnsmasq log files. Be aware that this will skew stats if you have it enabled, but it should work.

No reset option visible, I did reset the Dnsmasq log files with d-7, but it still says "Error YouTube IP is not valid".

thelonelycoder

Part of the Furniture
And there we have the problem I think!

dig google.com gives "dig: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.1.1: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32"

How do I fix this?
dig was actually my first thought as the point of failure. What router model are you using?

thelonelycoder

Part of the Furniture
And there we have the problem I think!

dig google.com gives "dig: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.1.1: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32"

How do I fix this?
Try this, it uninstalls dig and reinstalls it, run one command after the other in the terminal:
Code:
opkg remove bind-dig
opkg install bind-dig

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!