What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

There are 8 Entware packages available, did you try the update option instead of listing them?
Yes. But that did not change the situation.

edit: took a screen capture while trying to update Entware packages. The error listing shows for a very short time (for a second or so) and then vanishes. And nothing happens really.

Update and upgrade Entware packages error.png

Last edited:
I re-installed Diversion.

Code:
Diversion options

0. Restart    Diversion
 1. Disable    Diversion
 2. Re-install Diversion Standard
 3. Update     Diversion Standard  u  force upd  uu
 4. Upgrade    Diversion
 5. Info/About Diversion
 6. Uninstall  Diversion
 7. Reset      Diversion ads counter or logs
 8. Open       Diversion local backup weekly
 9. Remember   Diversion UI last options view  o
10. Enable     Diversion WebUI beta feature!

Enter your selection [0-10 e=Exit] 2

And after that there seemed to be some improvement because ep line of Diversion doesn't show the "not running" any more.

Code:
 RT-AC68U (armv7l) FW-384.17 @ 192.168.1.1 IPv6

75,276  blocked domains by  5  hosts file(s)
 4.832M t  11,135 w  626 n ads since Jun 15 05:20

/mnt/ASUS_ENTWARE | Size 14.8G | Used 7.4G (53%)

d   Diversion Standard   enabled
 c   communication        DivUn stats backup FWun

a   ad-blocking          to IP 192.168.1.3
 l   logging              dnsmasq.log 5.7M

ep  pixelserv-tls        192.168.1.3 v2.3.1

b   blocking list  fs    Custom Thu, Sun @ 1:00
 el  edit lists            12 w  0 b  0 wb  86 yt

f   follow dnsmasq.log

e   exit  u  update                more options  o

What do you want to do?

And ep manage Entware packages of amtm shows "no upd", so it seems to be up to date now?

But when I check for updates with u there are still errors:

Code:
amtm 3.1.7 FW             by thelonelycoder
 RT-AC68U (armv7l) FW-384.17 @ 192.168.1.1
    The Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

1  open     Diversion                v4.1.12
 2  open     Skynet                    v7.1.8

8  open     nsrum                    v30.3.0

j1 open     connmon                   v2.6.0
 j3 open     scMerlin                  v1.1.2

j5 open     uiDivStats                v2.1.0

ep manage   Entware packages

dc manage   Disk check script   dcl show log
 lc manage   LED control  LEDs on
 sw manage   Swap file /mnt/ASUS_ENTWARE 2.0G

i  show     all available scripts or tools
 u  check    for script updates

amtm options
 e  exit      t  theme   r  reset   a  about

Enter option  u
 amtm 3.1.7 FW             by thelonelycoder
 RT-AC68U (armv7l) FW-384.17 @ 192.168.1.1
    The Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

1  open     Diversion                v4.1.12
 2  open     Skynet                    v7.1.8

8  open     nsrum                    v30.3.0

j1 open     connmon                   v2.6.0
 j3 open     scMerlin                  v1.1.2

j5 open     uiDivStats                v2.1.0

Collected errors:
 * pkg_get_installed_files: Failed to open //opt/lib/opkg/info/procps-~g-tkill.list: No such file or directory.
 * pkg_get_installed_files: Failed to open //opt/lib/opkg/info/$opkg.list: No such file or directory.
 ep manage   Entware packages          no upd

m  menu     amtm   uu  force update   v3.1.7

Everything's up to date (Jun 16 2020 12:14)

I have run all the available update options using command ep in both amtm and Diversion.

How can I get rid of these lines?:

Code:
Collected errors:
 * pkg_get_installed_files: Failed to open //opt/lib/opkg/info/procps-~g-tkill.list: No such file or directory.
 * pkg_get_installed_files: Failed to open //opt/lib/opkg/info/$opkg.list: No such file or directory.

Last edited:
Hello everyone. Thank you so much for diversion. This is a great thing but unfortunately I have a problem because it doesn't work for me (that's my impression)
I have installed the last stable version of asuswrt-merlin on ac68u. I installed diversion, unbound and skynet with amtm. Skynet and unbound work great but diversion does not. For diversion, I chose the standard version from pixelserver. For pixelserver I chose ip 192.168.1.2. On the DHCP router numbers from 192.168.1.3 so theoretically everything is ok. When I go to ip http://192.168.1.2/servstats I can see all the statistics from the pixelserver. The router settings are set to Enable DNS-based Filtering and Global Filter Mode - router. Nevertheless, advertisements appear on many websites, e.g. www.wp.pl and www.onet.pl. I will add that ad blocking does not work on any device connected to the lan or wifi network. Will anyone help to solve the problem?

Hello everyone. Thank you so much for diversion. This is a great thing but unfortunately I have a problem because it doesn't work for me (that's my impression)
I have installed the last stable version of asuswrt-merlin on ac68u. I installed diversion, unbound and skynet with amtm. Skynet and unbound work great but diversion does not. For diversion, I chose the standard version from pixelserver. For pixelserver I chose ip 192.168.1.2. On the DHCP router numbers from 192.168.1.3 so theoretically everything is ok. When I go to ip http://192.168.1.2/servstats I can see all the statistics from the pixelserver. The router settings are set to Enable DNS-based Filtering and Global Filter Mode - router. Nevertheless, advertisements appear on many websites, e.g. www.wp.pl and www.onet.pl. I will add that ad blocking does not work on any device connected to the lan or wifi network. Will anyone help to solve the problem?
Are your LAN DHCP Server DNS 1 and 2 fields blank? They must be.

My diversion with pixelserv-tls keeps failing. DNSMASq log shows inactive after reboots. clients don't properly get addresses with DHCP. I have to keep restarting diversion. My blocklist is about 2M domains.I am running this on an RT-AC5300.

Hi everyone. I have diversion (standard) on my RT-AX88U with the latest Merlin firmware 384.17. Yesterday was my first time installing any of the scripts so I am very new to all this. I discovered an issue soon after activating diversion. We use the CBS app on our phones to watch shows but when we click anything to watch it gives an error and won't load. Our account on there is one with ads. When I disable diversion the shows play just fine. So I figure the app gives the error because it can't serve us the ads. How do I figure out what sites to add to the whitelist in order for the CBS app to function correctly? Am I coming at this from the right direction? I have looked at the lists under the uiDivStats tab but I am still lost on how to proceed. I appreciate any help you fine folks can give. I am ready to learn more about using this now that I have it set up.

Hi everyone. I have diversion (standard) on my RT-AX88U with the latest Merlin firmware 384.17. Yesterday was my first time installing any of the scripts so I am very new to all this. I discovered an issue soon after activating diversion. We use the CBS app on our phones to watch shows but when we click anything to watch it gives an error and won't load. Our account on there is one with ads. When I disable diversion the shows play just fine. So I figure the app gives the error because it can't serve us the ads. How do I figure out what sites to add to the whitelist in order for the CBS app to function correctly? Am I coming at this from the right direction? I have looked at the lists under the uiDivStats tab but I am still lost on how to proceed. I appreciate any help you fine folks can give. I am ready to learn more about using this now that I have it set up.
Have a look here:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/diversion-the-router-ad-blocker.48538/page-69#post-446586

and

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/diversion-the-router-ad-blocker.48538/page-175#post-510105

but instead of following the log, as you have uiDivStats, you could run that on one device and watch the list (as you said) and then attempt to make your connection on another and then make a note of which domains are being blocked, then you can locate the appropriate one(s) by adding only them to the Diversion whitelist.

Have a look here:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/diversion-the-router-ad-blocker.48538/page-69#post-446586

and

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/diversion-the-router-ad-blocker.48538/page-175#post-510105

but instead of following the log, as you have uiDivStats, you could run that on one device and watch the list (as you said) and then attempt to make your connection on another and then make a note of which domains are being blocked, then you can locate the appropriate one(s) by adding only them to the Diversion whitelist.

Thank you for the info. I will see what I can figure out. :)

My diversion with pixelserv-tls keeps failing. DNSMASq log shows inactive after reboots. clients don't properly get addresses with DHCP. I have to keep restarting diversion. My blocklist is about 2M domains.I am running this on an RT-AC5300.
2 million domains in the blockinglist surely must be your problem. Your router runs out of memory.
Do you at least have a swap file set with sw in Diversion or amtm?

2 million domains in the blockinglist surely must be your problem. Your router runs out of memory.
Do you at least have a swap file set with sw in Diversion or amtm?
Here are my symptoms at 2 million domains. I have a swap defined. Lan devices fall off network. Aimesh instantly fall off sync. dhcp failure occurs. I have to say it has to be his use of 2 million domains.

Hi,
Am I missing something .... I know that Diversion has been moved know under LAN tab.I just ignored that because I haven't restarted my router for a while and it was still showing under the addons tab.
Today I've noticed that the Diversion Tab under addon is not working anymore and I decided to reboot the router - still nothing under lan tab after this :mad:. After a few minutes i discovered the option to enable webUi for diversion ... did that but all I can see now is the Home tab with its menu options and after I can see the Test One and Test Two tabs but is nothing there ... it just says Testing One parameter ... and blank .. nothing there. Am I doing something wrong?
Can I still access Diversion statistics from WebUi like it was before?
Thank you.
Cheers

Hi,
Am I missing something .... I know that Diversion has been moved know under LAN tab.I just ignored that because I haven't restarted my router for a while and it was still showing under the addons tab.
Today I've noticed that the Diversion Tab under addon is not working anymore and I decided to reboot the router - still nothing under lan tab after this :mad:. After a few minutes i discovered the option to enable webUi for diversion ... did that but all I can see now is the Home tab with its menu options and after I can see the Test One and Test Two tabs but is nothing there ... it just says Testing One parameter ... and blank .. nothing there. Am I doing something wrong?
Can I still access Diversion statistics from WebUi like it was before?
Thank you.
Cheers
You want to install uiDivStats (separate script).

Just tested this and it works.

Question will be how long until google closes this hole.

Sooner than later, the more it spreads around the internet [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You want to install uiDivStats (separate script).
Thank you Dave,
I had it already installed but it just needed a restart and update.
Everything woks fine now.
Still confused about Test 1 and Test 2 tabs as is nothing there :)

Thank you Dave,
Test 1 and Test 2 tabs are placeholders for the finished version of the (as yet unreleased) full GUI for Diversion.

Thank you Dave,
The Diversion WebUI (not to be confused with the third party app uiDivStats) is in beta mode, as is clearly stated when one enables the beta test. It's a test for functionability of some features and obviously not feature complete.

@thelonelycoder I just saw that updated Entware packages are available. Is it save to update?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!