What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Too complicated for many users here. And if the device was formatted with Windows as FAT it still is incompatible with the amtm disk check.

Complicated probably but when you do it the way it's written here on the router, it uses Linux filesystem by default so no FAT is involved any where.

BTW the best and easiest way is to implement it within the firmware USB format page and add EXT as an option.

Complicated probably but when you do it the way it's written here on the router, it uses Linux filesystem by default so no FAT is involved any where.

BTW the best and easiest way is to implement it within the firmware USB format page and add EXT as an option.
Trouble is, most devices have a FAT filesystem by default for compatibility reasons. And no partitions. Your link won't help as there are no partitions to remove.
And if you just format as ext2, it still is not a proper Linux partition type.
I may be wrong but I was unable to format properly earlier today with your linked article and the users recreated amtm disk check non-fat error.

Thank you for sharing. Just to clarify....the guide has instructions to partition a USB drive into 2 partitions, one for Entware (approx. 2 GB) and another for just data.

If I use a brand new USB flash drive solely for Diversion, Skynet and other programs that may come up in the future, do I still have to partition it to 2 or more partitions? Can I just format the entire drive to ext2 and allow the above programs decide what goes where?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trouble is, most devices have a FAT filesystem by default for compatibility reasons. And no partitions. Your link won't help as there are no partitions to remove.
And if you just format as ext2, it still is not a proper Linux partition type.
I may be wrong but I was unable to format properly earlier today with your linked article and the users recreated amtm disk check non-fat error.

Did you create a new partition by using fdisk? I've done this on 4-5 different USB drives without any issues.

Also could I use the Terminal from my MacBook to SSH in my router? Or do I still need to use what others are recommending (WinCP, Putty, Notepad, etc)?

Thank you for sharing. Just to clarify....the guide has instructions to partition a USB drive into 2 partitions, one for Entware (approx. 2 GB) and another for just data.

If I use a brand new USB flash drive solely for Diversion, Skynet and other programs that may come up in the future, do I still have to partition it to 2 or more partitions? Can I just format the entire drive to ext2 and allow the above programs decide what goes where?

You don't need two partitions, that guide is for reference only, bend it to your needs.

Did you create a new partition by using fdisk? I've done this on 4-5 different USB drives without any issues.

I have not yet but wasn’t sure if I needed to create 2 partitions (per guide) or not.

Got ya-thank you!

How do you do that?

Looks like your device label has changed.
Post output of:
Code:
df -T | grep ext*

Edit: Also:
Code:
find / -name myswap.swp
ok, so I was able to delete and create a new swap file. But ads are still showing on my devices. I'll try a reboot of the router and report back)

Edit: (5:22pm) It appeared as though ads were being blocked. However, as I went to various sites the ads appeared and it looks as though no ads are being blocked).
PNXqADF.png

Last edited:
ok, so I was able to delete and create a new swap file. But ads are still showing on my devices. I'll try a reboot of the router and report back)

Edit: (5:22pm) It appeared as though ads were being blocked. However, as I went to various sites the ads appeared and it looks as though no ads are being blocked).

To know exactly which domains are blocked by Diversion, select f -> 3
If no domains appear as you browse, Diversion is not blocking.

upload_2018-11-3_14-42-37.png

That's a recurring frustration point for many users on this board, including me (for support) when devices are wrongly formatted.
I just checked MiniTool Partition Wizard and AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard (both for Windows). Both have no clear way to set the partition type to Linux 0x38 without producing errors in my CentOS box when I plug it in.

Any help or suggestions to make this user friendly are more than welcome.

I have been using SanDisk Extreme 32 GB USB Flash Drive USB 3.0 for a few years now on both ac68u and ac86u, always formatted with MiniTool Partition Wizard using ext4/gpt and never have had issues ever, i also have it plugged into usb 3.0 port using usb 3.0 mode. Baffles me how so many have issues. I never have to reformat my usb drive because of driver errors etc, plus i never unplug usb when upgrading firmware etc and again never had problems. I do have a linux mint vm and windows bootcamp but never have needed to use my linux vm to format usb although the option is there if i wanted it.

I have been using SanDisk Extreme 32 GB USB Flash Drive USB 3.0 for a few years now on both ac68u and ac86u

Can I assume you are using this with Diversion? I ask as I had a similar issue with the USB I formatted to ext2 using Easus Partition Master; maybe I should try ext4 if it works with Diversion (although ext2 is recommended).
k.

Can I assume you are using this with Diversion? I ask as I had a similar issue with the USB I formatted to ext2 using Easus Partition Master; maybe I should try ext4 if it works with Diversion (although ext2 is recommended).
k.

Hi,

Yes check my forum sig, also have 512MB swap file on usb. I never use the health scanner built into web-gui as never found it good, neither do i use the disk check script in amtm as never needed to. I have always used ext4/gpt without issues.

Cheers thanks, appreciated. Makes it easier.

To know exactly which domains are blocked by Diversion, select f -> 3
If no domains appear as you browse, Diversion is not blocking.

View attachment 14982
Thanks. I figured out what was wrong. The VPN client DNS setting was set to Exclusive but the DNSFilter was enabled set to Global Filter Mode OpenDNS Home. So I disabled the DNSFilter and Ads are blocked on all devices. Problem solved.

I installed Diversion and Skynet and have not run into any issues. Great work @lonelycoder and @Adamm! It is so great to finally to read articles online without the annoying adds!

I did not install pixelserv-tls as I need to do quite a bit of reading in @kvic’s thread. Well, I have to admit....I tried to install it but then I ran into two options (dynamic vs static) and wasn’t sure which way to go. Plus, it said something about “advanced users” so that stopped me there [emoji3].

I installed Diversion and Skynet and have not run into any issues. Great work @lonelycoder and @Adamm! It is so great to finally to read articles online without the annoying adds!

I did not install pixelserv-tls as I need to do quite a bit of reading in @kvic’s thread. Well, I have to admit....I tried to install it but then I ran into two options (dynamic vs static) and wasn’t sure which way to go. Plus, it said something about “advanced users” so that stopped me there [emoji3].
pixelserv-tls is installed by Diversion when using the Standard Edition. What you were seeing is the beta install option in amtm.
Do not use it if you don't know what you do.

So, you are free to go and upgrade Diversion to Standard in d, there are no dynamic/static questions there.

pixelserv-tls is installed by Diversion when using the Standard Edition. What you were seeing is the beta install option in amtm.
Do not use it if you don't know what you do.

So, you are free to go and upgrade Diversion to Standard in d, there are no dynamic/static questions there.

Good to know- I do have the standard version of Diversion installed. Yes, it was the beta version displayed, you are right.

Thanks again!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!