What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Argh damn sorry, mixed that up.

Code:

/jffs/scripts/post-mount has this content:

START FILE, --- lines are not part of file
 ---------------------------------------------------
 #!/bin/sh
 . /jffs/scripts/post-mount.div # Added by Diversion
 swapon /tmp/mnt/RT-AC68U/myswap.swp # Swap file created by Diversion
 ---------------------------------------------------
 END FILE
Looks like your device label has changed.
Post output of:
Code:
df -T | grep ext*

Edit: Also:
Code:
find / -name myswap.swp

Yeah, the way it is formatted is not compatible with disk checker.
I use an actual Linux system to format/partition my devices.

@lonelycoder—what Linux system do you use for formatting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Marin
I have never had a problem using a GPARTED live cd/usb if you don't have a full linux system available.

Thanks for the reply mate
I just read in another post of yours that ypu are using Download master. If this is installed through the routers WebUI you will not be able to install Diversion at the same time. Diversion requires Entware and Entware is not compatible with the version that Asus uses to install Download master.

Cheers for the reply mate :)

I've uninstalled Download Master and I've tried to install Diversion from an ssh terminal app on my phone, but it's just not working.
Sorry to be a pain, but do you know of anywhere that has a simpletons guide to setting it up?

Thanks,

Nathan

@Marin
I have never had a problem using a GPARTED live cd/usb if you don't have a full linux system available.

Hi @john9527,

I don’t have a Linux system at this time. To be honest I am not familiar with GPARTED cd.

I am thinking about formatting from the router. Have not attempted this before but will give it a shot based on the instructions posted here and other threads.

I may have read this in the AMTM thread but I think @lonelycoder may consider adding this to his AMTM menu in the future?? [emoji120]

Ok, I'll format it back into FAT and reinstall it
Make sure the partition type is Linux (0x83), and use ext2, fat is not supported by Diversion.

That's a recurring frustration point for many users on this board, including me (for support) when devices are wrongly formatted.
I just checked MiniTool Partition Wizard and AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard (both for Windows). Both have no clear way to set the partition type to Linux 0x38 without producing errors in my CentOS box when I plug it in.

Any help or suggestions to make this user friendly are more than welcome.

@lonelycoder—what Linux system do you use for formatting?

I have CentOS 6 and 7 boxes under my rather large desk. This is personal preference because all my real world web servers use that Linux distribution, including the servers diversion and ab-solution are hosted on.

I've uninstalled Download Master and I've tried to install Diversion from an ssh terminal app on my phone, but it's just not working.
Sorry to be a pain, but do you know of anywhere that has a simpletons guide to setting it up?
Do tell me what terminal app you are using. Android OS I presume?
I'd have to try that because it never once crossed my mind to even try doing the installation from a phone.
I manage it once installed as I am a lot away from home for work, but installing? Hmmm.

OK, I just upgraded AB-Solution to Diversion on one of my test routers from my iPad Pro with the Remoter VNC app and that worked like a charm.
Just copy/paste the install command from the diversion.ch website into your terminal. It is a simple step by step interactive installation.

Edit: I just upgraded Diversion Lite to Standard using Android and the Termux app. Also worked just as intended.

Last edited:
OK, I just upgraded AB-Solution to Diversion on one of my test routers from my iPad Pro with the Remoter VNC app and that worked like a charm.
Just copy/paste the install command from the diversion.ch website into your terminal. It is a simple step by step interactive installation.

Edit: I just upgraded Diversion Lite to Standard using Android and the Termux app. Also worked just as intended.

Hello mate,

On my phone I used JuiceSSH and managed to install the lite version without any issues, but I can't install the Standard version. I logged into the router ant changed the IP to 192.168.2.3, but when I enter this into the installer it tells me that it's not valid.

Android phone software I know, but this kind of stuff stumps the crap out of me :(

Ps. I just setup AiCloud and I now have remote access to the HDD that I have all my stuff on. Easy cheap man's NAS now! Haha

Regards,

Nathan

Hello mate,

On my phone I used JuiceSSH and managed to install the lite version without any issues, but I can't install the Standard version. I logged into the router ant changed the IP to 192.168.2.3, but when I enter this into the installer it tells me that it's not valid.

Android phone software I know, but this kind of stuff stumps the crap out of me :(

Ps. I just setup AiCloud and I now have remote access to the HDD that I have all my stuff on. Easy cheap man's NAS now! Haha

Regards,

Nathan
You changed the router IP from *.1 to 192.168.2.3 or did you move the IP pool starting address from *.2 to *.3?
If the latter, your address you enter is 192.168.2.2 in Diversion and not *.3!

In preparation for your upcoming celebration I'll dust off the Barbie and have some cold ones ready this arvo.

In preparation for your upcoming celebration I'll dust off the Barbie and have some cold ones ready this arvo.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand it's done!!
Thank you for the heads up on the 192.168.2.2 as opposed to the dumb butt numbers I was putting in :)

Now, let's get down to business!! I could never help but look up the skirt of every Barbie doll my sister had whilst growing up, and I'm sure it's the kind of thing we as adults never grow out off Haha.
The I'll have to miss though. I stopped drinking for new years and never took it up again. It's weird being the only under 40 at a party without a drink in his hand :)

Thanks,

Nathan

That's a recurring frustration point for many users on this board, including me (for support) when devices are wrongly formatted.
I just checked MiniTool Partition Wizard and AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard (both for Windows). Both have no clear way to set the partition type to Linux 0x38 without producing errors in my CentOS box when I plug it in.

Any help or suggestions to make this user friendly are more than welcome.

We don't need any extra tool/Linux Live CD's etc for that, it can be done directly on the router and I'm doing it that way since the start.

Here's a guide:

http://www.algissalys.com/how-to/format-and-partition-usb-asuswrt-routers

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!