What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

So... quick question. It seems like Diversion isn't working right now? I have uBlock on my machine browsers to get rid of the ad blocks, but not on my mobile devices, which is where I first noticed. But when I disabled uBlock I'm getting ads now. If I right-click -> Copy Image Location and then check that domain against Diversion's [b ]locking file -> [5] Find Domain..., the several domains are in one or more block-lists. So...? Not sure what's going on here. Diversion is "enabled." Ideas?

So... quick question. It seems like Diversion isn't working right now? I have uBlock on my machine browsers to get rid of the ad blocks, but not on my mobile devices, which is where I first noticed. But when I disabled uBlock I'm getting ads now. If I right-click -> Copy Image Location and then check that domain against Diversion's [b ]locking file -> [5] Find Domain..., the several domains are in one or more block-lists. So...? Not sure what's going on here. Diversion is "enabled." Ideas?
- Check the FAQ on the Diversion website.
- Use f to follow the logfile to see if anything is blocked.

Does ext4 formatted from linux will cause trouble with Diversion?

Do I need SWAP if router's RAM is always 30%?

Thanks

Sent from S.G. S9+ Duos

- Check the FAQ on the Diversion website.
- Use f to follow the logfile to see if anything is blocked.
Thanks for that... interestingly the FAQ was unhelpful in my particular instance. I had already tried [f ] and didn't see anything being blocked. I went back to [b ]locking file -> [4] Update Now; that took a few minutes and things are back on-track. So I wonder if the old blocking file was corrupted somehow and not working? Regardless. I appreciate the reply. :)

Can I assume you are using this with Diversion? I ask as I had a similar issue with the USB I formatted to ext2 using Easus Partition Master; maybe I should try ext4 if it works with Diversion (although ext2 is recommended).
k.

Diversion refuses to see my newly formatted ext4, trying ext2 now.

Did you name the drive?
Diversion does not care if you label a device or not.
@DonCatoli check the routers Syslog for errors. The device could be wrongly formatted.

Ive always wondered why that option doesn’t exist. @Merlin ; Is it technically possible to do that?
If I remember correctly, the function is in the closed source portion of Asus code and therefore outside of reach for modification.
Being able to format devices as native ext* would be very welcome though!

Does ext4 formatted from linux will cause trouble with Diversion?

Do I need SWAP if router's RAM is always 30%?

Thanks

Sent from S.G. S9+ Duos
I have no finite answer for that. I recommend ext2 as this is the format with the least overhead and is compatibke with MIPS and ARM based routers. I use ext4 on my main router, so far no problems. On my other test routers I use ext2 for simplicity and to support my recommendation.

The quality of the device appears to he more important than the format you choose. It holds your data, if you care about it, spending a little more might be worth it.

If I remember correctly, the function is in the closed source portion of Asus code and therefore outside of reach for modification.
Being able to format devices as native ext* would be very welcome though!

That would explain it. When I first saw the tab I was like “Yay!!!!” And then realised that it didn’t do the native file system. A real “huh?!?” moment.

I agree, it would be a most welcomed feature.

Ext4 (with journaling turned off) works just fine with Diversion.

same here always use ext4/gpt with journalling off and never have had issues.

Same here, ext4/gpt and never had any problems. I don't know why there are suddenly so many supposed issues with USB drives? Hopefully your updated amtm tool can help with those issues.

Same here, ext4/gpt and never had any problems. I don't know why there are suddenly so many supposed issues with USB drives? Hopefully your updated amtm tool can help with those issues.
The disk checker code has seen no change in amtm v1.5.
The fact remains that not properly formatted devices will throw an error if disk check is enabled. This cannot be corrected as the libraries to identify such weird formats are not available in Asuswrt-Merlin. They would be in Entware but for the check to run, the disk must be unmounted and therefore Entware is unavailable at this time.

I have been having issues with Pixelserv, these forums get really slow and some other webpages not loading or really slow etc etc..

I had to disabled Pixelserv to fix issues.

I noticed when I go to these forums, I don't see the ads that should be showing because Diversion whitelists these ads for these forums.
Or am I wrong and Diversion does block the ads here on these forums? If I disable Diversion and use a adblocker in my browser I get a popup asking to unblock the adblocker for these forums, I do not get this popup when using Diversion and I don't see any ads.

So I'm thinking it could be an issue with Diversion when Pixelserv is running thats causing my issue with slow websites and non loading webpages?

I install everthing with AMTM on a RT-AC3100 router.
I've Format JFFS partition at next boot and formated USB Key and reinstalled a few times and always get the same results.

I have been having issues with Pixelserv, these forums get really slow and some other webpages not loading or really slow etc etc..

I had to disabled Pixelserv to fix issues.

I noticed when I go to these forums, I don't see the ads that should be showing because Diversion whitelists these ads for these forums.
Or am I wrong and Diversion does block the ads here on these forums? If I disable Diversion and use a adblocker in my browser I get a popup asking to unblock the adblocker for these forums, I do not get this popup when using Diversion and I don't see any ads.

So I'm thinking it could be an issue with Diversion when Pixelserv is running thats causing my issue with slow websites and non loading webpages?

I install everthing with AMTM on a RT-AC3100 router.
I've Format JFFS partition at next boot and formated USB Key and reinstalled a few times and always get the same results.
Did you import the (new) pixelserv-tls certificate into your devices?
Look for "Import Pixelserv CA on client devices" here: https://github.com/kvic-z/pixelserv-tls/wiki/Create-and-Import-the-CA-Certificate

Diversion whitelists some domains for ads to come trough to support SNBForums. They are not specific for this website, but are generally used not much elsewhere.
You can look them up in el and select edit whitelist, they have a comment of # whitelisted for smallnetbuilder.com.

In addition to these, I personally add googleads.g.doubleclick.net to the whitelist so that the double-header glitch does not show up (You'd see two Forum headers in the head of the page).

Did you import the (new) pixelserv-tls certificate into your devices?
Look for "Import Pixelserv CA on client devices" here: https://github.com/kvic-z/pixelserv-tls/wiki/Create-and-Import-the-CA-Certificate

Diversion whitelists some domains for ads to come trough to support SNBForums. They are not specific for this website, but are generally used not much elsewhere.
You can look them up in el and select edit whitelist, they have a comment of # whitelisted for smallnetbuilder.com.

In addition to these, I personally add googleads.g.doubleclick.net to the whitelist so that the double-header glitch does not show up (You'd see two Forum headers in the head of the page).

Yes I did Import Pixelserv CA on all devices as well when I was using Pixelserv didn't help.

I'm not seeing any adds with Diversion anywhere even after I cleared/formated everthing and just installing AMTM then Diversion lite.
I also tested with Diversion Standard then disabled Pixelserv same result.

Its like its not using the whitelist, I didn't add or modify any of the default lists.

this is with the standard blocking file withing diversion as well

Yes I did Import Pixelserv CA on all devices as well when I was using Pixelserv didn't help.

I'm not seeing any adds with Diversion anywhere even after I cleared/formated everthing and just installing AMTM then Diversion lite.
I also tested with Diversion Standard then disabled Pixelserv same result.

Its like its not using the whitelist, I didn't add or modify any of the default lists.
Here I see ads in the header:
https://www.snbforums.com/forums/asuswrt-merlin.42/

But as soon as I click on a thread, they no longer show up. Also, those ads sometimes take a long time to show up.
On the other hand, seeing no ads is exactly what Diversion is supposed to do. Just not on this very website.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!