What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Is this normal to go through the setup/install everytime router rebooted? I didn't seem to have to issue on AC66 and that's what it does now on AC86
No, this is not normal. Do you see anything interesting in the router syslog?
How do you start Diversion and what does it say in such a case?
Do you have older code in the /jffs/scripts directory that prevents Diversion from starting Entware?

Is this normal to go through the setup/install everytime router rebooted? I didn't seem to have to issue on AC66 and that's what it does now on AC86
Do you use Diversions standard installation with Pixelserv? If so, are you sure that your client pool IP addresses start at 192.168.1.3 and 192.168.1.2 is reserved for Pixelserv?

Do you use Diversions standard installation with Pixelserv? If so, are you sure that your client pool IP addresses start at 192.168.1.3 and 192.168.1.2 is reserved for Pixelserv?
Yes. Using Standard and 192.168.50.2 reserved for pixelserv

Do you have older code in the /jffs/scripts directory that prevents Diversion from starting Entware?

I start with "Diversion", if I don't reboot it starts right away, if I reboot I have to go through some installation, I think reserving ip address etc.

I might have older code there. I tried to format but maybe I did it wrong. How do I format ubs drive in router terminal to ext3 or 4 ?

Yes. The issue was some old files. Reformatted to ext4 and did fresh install, now everything works.

Thanks

PS. Used MiniTool for Windows

Yesterday I installed Diversion, Entware and Skynet with firmware 384_8 Beta 2. Everything works perfectly.

I can not understand a thing. I have a Fire Stick TV with Firefox.

This browser uses Google as a search engine. When I do a search, shortly after, the error "Secure connection failed" comes out while the search engine tries to open links like

id.google.com
www.google-analytics.com
www.googletagmanager.com

I entered the first two into the Whitelist, but then, I tried to open another site, but it is locked again in the screen "Secure connection failed" with another address (which I do not remember) not google. I'm not sure, but I think Firefox for Fire Stick blocks any site as soon as it finds a small obstruction caused by Diversion. "He" does not like the blockade of advertising, perhaps?

At the time I solved by inserting the Fire Stick TV in the devices excluded through DNS-based Filtering.

Last edited:
When I had some issues with it blocking some sites, I traced it with logging. You can see real-time what it blocks

When I had some issues with it blocking some sites, I traced it with logging. You can see real-time what it blocks

Yes, in fact I put only two of the google sites in the whitelist thanks to the dnsmasq.log. However, every time it finds any site blocked in one of the lists, Firefox presents the "Secure connection failed" screen.

This thing does not happen with Silk Browser instead. I use Firefox for the best quality during video playback. With Silk, the video display is pixelated.

Yes, in fact I put only two of the google sites in the whitelist thanks to the dnsmasq.log. However, every time it finds any site blocked in one of the lists, Firefox presents the "Secure connection failed" screen.

This thing does not happen with Silk Browser instead. I use Firefox for the best quality during video playback. With Silk, the video display is pixelated.
I don't have a Fire stick to test this but does Firefox have a settings page to disable tracking cookies or something in that area. Since the other browser works, it has to be a setting in FF. Or maybe import the pixelserv-tls cert?

Heh, reinstalling Entware, amtm, Diversion, etc. after my little excursion into using the Entware busybox ...

One thing I did and re-did after re-installing was to change the swap mounting code. Not a biggie, but you went to all the trouble in post-mount.div to do it, so why not in post-mount do:
Code:
SWP="$(find $1/myswap.swp 2> /dev/null)"
if [ "$SWP" ]; then
        swapon $1/myswap.swp # Swap file created by Diversion
fi
I know you do it in post-mount.div to avoid having to sed it on the fly during install, and the above adds pretty much nothing, but I just thought I'd share. :)

@thelonelycoder you mentioned there were command line alternatives of all the UI commands in Ab-Solution. I am assuming the same is present for Diversion. If that's the case, are these documented somewhere?

Getting this error while trying to create swap file of 1 GB and now I can't start diversion by typing "diversion" after it. Any ideas?

Select a Swap file size

1. 256MB
2. 512MB
3. 1GB
4. 2GB

Enter size [1-4 e=Exit] 3

Creating the Swap file, this will take some time

dd: writing '/tmp/mnt/sda1/myswap.swp': Input/output error
335073+0 records in
335072+0 records out
Setting up swapspace version 1, size = 343109632 bytes
UUID=347a4f9e-0509-4b82-b5c8-e3878cf45155

/opt/bin/diversion: /opt/share/diversion/.conf/diversion.conf: line 1: O��b2��A♥=�: not found
/opt/bin/diversion: /opt/share/diversion/.conf/diversion.conf: line 2: =�♠: not found
/opt/bin/diversion: /opt/share/diversion/.conf/diversion.conf: line 3: syntax error: unexpected word (expecting ")")

Heh, reinstalling Entware, amtm, Diversion, etc. after my little excursion into using the Entware busybox ...

One thing I did and re-did after re-installing was to change the swap mounting code. Not a biggie, but you went to all the trouble in post-mount.div to do it, so why not in post-mount do:
Code:
SWP="$(find $1/myswap.swp 2> /dev/null)"
if [ "$SWP" ]; then
        swapon $1/myswap.swp # Swap file created by Diversion
fi
I know you do it in post-mount.div to avoid having to sed it on the fly during install, and the above adds pretty much nothing, but I just thought I'd share. :)
Us script writers here adhere to a standard when adding to the start scripts in /jffs/: Only adding one-liners and if necessary run additional code in a separate file. This makes removing, detection and management much simpler.
in case of the swap file @Adamm and I agreed to leave the code as is as it would break compatibility.
I have an idea, just no time atm to do this better as you suggest.

Last edited:
@thelonelycoder you mentioned there were command line alternatives of all the UI commands in Ab-Solution. I am assuming the same is present for Diversion. If that's the case, are these documented somewhere?
Do you mean 11, 1233 and so on? Yes they are still the same.

Getting this error while trying to create swap file of 1 GB and now I can't start diversion by typing "diversion" after it. Any ideas?

Select a Swap file size

1. 256MB
2. 512MB
3. 1GB
4. 2GB

Enter size [1-4 e=Exit] 3

Creating the Swap file, this will take some time

dd: writing '/tmp/mnt/sda1/myswap.swp': Input/output error
335073+0 records in
335072+0 records out
Setting up swapspace version 1, size = 343109632 bytes
UUID=347a4f9e-0509-4b82-b5c8-e3878cf45155

/opt/bin/diversion: /opt/share/diversion/.conf/diversion.conf: line 1: O��b2��A♥=�: not found
/opt/bin/diversion: /opt/share/diversion/.conf/diversion.conf: line 2: =�♠: not found
/opt/bin/diversion: /opt/share/diversion/.conf/diversion.conf: line 3: syntax error: unexpected word (expecting ")")
How large is your device?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!