What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Do you mean 11, 1233 and so on? Yes they are still the same.
Not exactly these. Like enabling or disabling Diversion without getting into the UI.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Not exactly these. Like enabling or disabling Diversion without getting into the UI.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Find out with:
diversion help

I don't have a Fire stick to test this but does Firefox have a settings page to disable tracking cookies or something in that area. Since the other browser works, it has to be a setting in FF. Or maybe import the pixelserv-tls cert?

No. It's a optimized version for Fire Stick and have only five settings: Send Usage Data - About - Privacy Notice - Clear all cookies and site data. It probably does not happen with the APK on the Google Play Store. Being an application made specifically for Fire Stick, they have decreased the settings.

Us script writers here adhere to a standard when adding to the start scripts in /jffs/: Only adding one-liners and if necessary run additional code in a separate file. This makes removing, detection and management much simpler.
in case of the swap file @Adamm and I agreed to leave the code as is as it would break compatibility.
I have an idea, just no time atm to do this better as you suggest.
Excellent point, well presented. :)

Where do I see that? I formatted it before installing diversion. That's the only thing that was installed
Hey, ok, let's try this.

1. Do you know if there is some swap file existed? If yes, disable swap and remove that file.
cd /tmp
swapoff /path/to/swapfile
rm /path/to/swapfile

2. Run "mount" command to see if your USB drive is mounted and run "umount" to unmount it:
mount
umount -f /dev/sda
(replace a with your mounted device, i.e. sda, sda1)

3. Write zero block code to format it as raw (notice a):
dd count=1 bs=512 if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda && sync

4. Run fdisk on the drive and create a partition table for it:
fdisk /dev/sda
press o to create partition table
press n to create new partition
press p to create this new partition as primary
press 1 to set it as first partition
press "Enter" two times for default parameters, i.e. take whole disk space for this partition
press w to proceed.

5. Now your usb drive should also be recognized as /dev/sda1

6. Format it as ext4 without journaling:
mke2fs /dev/sda1 -t ext4 -O ^has_journal -L LabelOfYourDrive

7. Reboot and your drive will be automatically mounted to /tmp/mnt/LabelOfYourDrive
8. Try re-installing Diversion.

Last edited:
The Amazon app uses a lot of trackers and websites. You will need to whitelist quite a few sites, and those sites change over time. I personally prefer to use the Amazon website instead.

The best way to know what to whitelist is to monitor the blocked sites while the Amazon app is running. Launch Diversion, choose O for more options, choose F to follow the log, option 3 to filter only blocked sites. Start the Amazon app, and start noting all the blocked websites. Start adding them to the whitelist, and repeat until everything works. If the app stops working again, repeat all. The main caveat is that you will enable all the ad trackers for Amazon, which will also be used for other things (Amazon now makes a lot of money out of ads, it's really becoming a big business for them)
ok thanks !

Since the update to 384.8, ad blocking has suddenly stopped working on all browsers.

Can anyone help please? :)

Since the update to 384.8, ad blocking has suddenly stopped working on all browsers.

Can anyone help please? :)
What do you see when you run diversion? Is it enabled (d option)? I'm sure we can help, but need more info.

Yes, it's activated: "Diversion Standard enabled"
And also pixelserv runs as usual. That means I can call ip/servstats without any problems.

Yes, it's activated: "Diversion Standard enabled"
Make sure your device doesn't have anything other than your router's address for DNS.

Make sure your device doesn't have anything other than your router's address for DNS.

I never changed the DNS settings on my Windows machine - and nothing else except the update to 384.8.

I never changed the DNS settings on my Windows machine - and nothing else except the update to 384.8.
Is your pixelserv-tls IP setup correct? Is it a reserved address outside your dhcp pool?

What happens when you try the stats page in a browser on your network?
Code:
your_pixelserv_ip/servstats

Can I open without problems. o_O
If you re-install all packages will it help? make sure you save your white and black lists if need be.

@skeal

Thank you for your help but I have already reinstalled it. No change.

@skeal

Thank you for your help but I have already reinstalled it. No change.
Do you have the dnsmasq settings enabled? There were changes made to dnsmasq. Sorry I have to admit I'm guessing now..:oops:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!