What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Congratulations @thelonelycoder on the release of Diversion!!

I still plan to implement this OpenVPN Accept DNS setting conflict check with ABS in my project that I am working on. I will need to update the AB-Solution reference to Diversion.

upload_2018-8-26_20-30-55.png

Looks scary when replicating file names with spaces.

You of all the members on this board uses filenames with spaces in this environment?
YES

OK, so what about this file name '/jffs/scripts/$Test_script.sh' - no spaces but a '$' sign!! :eek: how careless of me.:oops:

Are you going to comment that this is extremely unusual and no-one should ever, ever include it in a file name on the router?:p

I'm not sure how best to tackle that best, suggestion how to code such a variable?
Whilst not being a proficient coder like your good self, this hack works for me;)
Code:
    list_files(){
        for file in "${1}/"$2*; do
            if [ -f "$file" ]; then
                printf "%4s %s\\n" "$i." "${file#$1/}"
                #eval "fileSel$i=$file"              # Martineau Fix 1 of 1 - Allow $ and spaces in file names
                eval "fileSel$i=\"$(echo -e "$file" | sed 's/\$/\\\$/' )\""
                ######################################################################################
                i=$((i+1))
            else
                echo "     (no file(s) found)"
            fi
        done
    }
Since sf helpfully lists all files found in /jffs/scripts and /jffs/configs there might be some drawbacks.
Indeed, although never having used 'sf' before, waiting for my 419 files to scroll up the screen twice was tedious...:(

Perhaps in a future version you might tweak the list_files() function, and optionally display them on screen horizontally?
e.g.
Code:
…<snip>

228. install                          229. installer                      230. installer.bak                  231. ip-ranges.json               
232. justdomains                    233. ledsoff.sh                     234. ledson.sh                      235. modprobe.sh                  
236. nat-start                      237. openvpn-event                  238. openvpnclient1.postconf        239. openvpnclient2.postconf      
240. openvpnclient3.postconf        241. openvpnclient4.postconf        242. openvpnclient5.postconf        243. openvpnserver1.postconf      
244. openvpnserver2.postconf        245. post-mount                     246. post-mount.div                 247. pptpd.postconf               
248. pre-mount                      249. qos.sh                         250. rrdtool_test1.sh               251. rrdtool_test2.sh             
252. services-stop                  253. smb.postconf                   254. spamdb_db.rrd                  255. speedtest.sh                 
256. syslog-move.sh                 257. tcpdump.sh                     258. test00.sh                      259. test000.sh                   
260. test1.sh                       261. test3.sh                       262. test4.sh                       263. test5.sh                     
264. test77.sh                      265. test8.sh                       266. test888.sh                     267. test900.sh                   
268. test99.sh                      269. test999.sh                     270. test_getopt.sh                 271. update-notification          
272. updown.sh                      273. updown.sh_384.7alpha1-g43c4482aa   274. vlan_rules.sh                  275. vpnc-ip-up                   
276. vpnclient-down                 277. vpnclient1-down                278. vpnclient1-route-up            279. vpnclient1-up                
280. vpnclient2-down                281. vpnclient2-route-up            282. vpnclient2-up                  283. vpnclient3-down              
284. vpnclient3-up                  285. vpnclient4-down                286. vpnclient4-route-up            287. vpnclient4-up                
288. vpnclient5-down                289. vpnclient5-route-up            290. vpnclient5-up                  291. vpnclientX-xxxx-xxx_Template.sh  
292. vpnroute-pre-down.sh           293. vpnrouting.sh                  294. vpnserver1-down                295. vpnserver1-route-up          
296. vpnserver1-up                  297. vpnserver2-down                298. vpnserver2-route-up            299. vpnserver2-up                
300. vsftpd.postconf                301. wan-start                      302. wan-thruput.rrd                303. ya-malware-block.sh

<snip>

I didn't have to do that. Are you using the local variable in your OpenVPN config so it only listens on the WAN side?

Yes, I do have that local variable, thanks to you. But it was only for the installation. Afterwards I switched thr server on and all’s well. Recovering from a couple of days of problems caused by dnscrypt, it’s quite likely this was a hiccup of my own making.

Thanks for the update!

After this update I cannot call pixelserv /servstats anymore.
How can I fix the problem?
Code:
opkg list-installed | grep pixelserv-tls
Code:
pixelserv-tls - 2.1.1-1

Code:
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuser: Failed to start pixelserv-tls from /opt/bin/diversion.
pixelserv-tls[24564]: pixelserv-tls 2.1.1 (compiled: May 12 2018 06:33:51) options: <none>
pixelserv-tls[24564]: Listening on :*:443
pixelserv-tls[24564]: Abort: Address already in use - :*:80

It's done.
(reinstalled the update)

:)

Last edited:
Is there a minimum version of John his fork needed for this to work?
Today i reveretd back to version 16 of his fork.
I cant get AB-Solution to work anymore and when trying to start this nothing happens.

When taking out the s i see the following error coming out.

admin@RT-AC68U-5770:/tmp/home/root# curl -O https://diversion.ch/install && sh install
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0curl: (77) error setting certificate verify locations:
CAfile: /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt
CApath: none

admin@RT-AC68U-5770:/tmp/home/root#

Are you going to comment that this is extremely unusual and no-one should ever, ever include it in a file name on the router?:p
;) Until now, no one complained about the file listing.
Whilst not being a proficient coder like your good self, this hack works for me;)
Thanks, will check it.
Perhaps in a future version you might tweak the list_files() function, and optionally display them on screen horizontally?
Good idea. Or just limit to certain files.

pixelserv-tls[24564]: pixelserv-tls 2.1.1 (compiled: May 12 2018 06:33:51) options: <none> pixelserv-tls[24564]: Listening on :*:443 pixelserv-tls[24564]: Abort: Address already in use - :*:80
This suggests that pixelserv-tls was disabled. Next time check this in ep.

I cant get AB-Solution to work anymore and when trying to start this nothing happens.

The Diversion website runs on https only. Try just to download the install file with
Code:
curl -O https://diversion.ch/install
Then
Code:
cat install
which shows the file which has text like "# Diversion is free to use under the GNU General Public License version 3 (GPL-3.0)"

I tested with 30E2 and 33E7. No problems whatsoever. Make sure your internet is up.

Install was going fine until "Waiting for Skynet..." kept looping and displayed that Skynet required an update. The loop of install for Diversion would start again. I opened another putty session and did a "Forced Update" for Skynet, which did find the update and installed it. This allowed Diversion to complete the install.

Diversion and overall performance seems a tisch better, but that is probably the Placebo Effect and/or "Oh, new shiny" taking over for a few.

Is there a minimum version of John his fork needed for this to work?
Today i reveretd back to version 16 of his fork.

admin@RT-AC68U-5770:/tmp/home/root# curl -O https://diversion.ch/install && sh install
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0curl: (77) error setting certificate verify locations:
CAfile: /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt
CApath: none

admin@RT-AC68U-5770:/tmp/home/root#
Version 17 will probably get you past this error (it added the ca-bundle for curl), but why are you using a release that is over 2.5 years old? A lot of security holes fixed since then.

Install was going fine until "Waiting for Skynet..." kept looping and displayed that Skynet required an update. The loop of install for Diversion would start again. I opened another putty session and did a "Forced Update" for Skynet, which did find the update and installed it. This allowed Diversion to complete the install.

Diversion and overall performance seems a tisch better, but that is probably the Placebo Effect and/or "Oh, new shiny" taking over for a few.
Skynet must have taken a long while for the update or it did not properly delete the skylock file when done.
Hence the timeout when Diversion wanted to modify AB4 specific lines to Diversion.
The next Skynet update will have the Diversion code as soon as @Adamm has time to do it.

Works fine for me when I upgraded from AB-Solution.
One noob question though, are this entries for white-listing SNBForum? I thought just the website url needs to be added to whitelist. Do I need to add a website url to whitelist or their ad serving url's?

1: ad2.netshelter.net
2: assets.omidoo.com
3: flashtalking.com
4: servedby.flashtalking.com
5: tgdaily.com
6: tgdaily.net
7: vma.tgdaily.com
8: vma.tgdaily.net
9: z-na.amazon-adsystem.com

Works fine for me when I upgraded from AB-Solution.
One noob question though, are this entries for white-listing SNBForum? I thought just the website url needs to be added to whitelist. Do I need to add a website url to whitelist or their ad serving url's?

1: ad2.netshelter.net
2: assets.omidoo.com
3: flashtalking.com
4: servedby.flashtalking.com
5: tgdaily.com
6: tgdaily.net
7: vma.tgdaily.com
8: vma.tgdaily.net
9: z-na.amazon-adsystem.com
Yes, those are for this very website, to support it.

Diversion and AB-Solution block domains to block ads. Whitelisting www.snbforums.com does not automatically whitelist domains that are served in the html source code that your browser sees. Your list are such domains in the source code.

The Diversion website runs on https only. Try just to download the install file with
Code:
curl -O https://diversion.ch/install
Then
Code:
cat install
which shows the file which has text like "# Diversion is free to use under the GNU General Public License version 3 (GPL-3.0)"

I tested with 30E2 and 33E7. No problems whatsoever. Make sure your internet is up.

Doesnt work either, as John mentioned the version i am using now doesnt have the CA certificates, hence the HTTPS sites not working for curl.
Thanks for your speedy reply.

Migration from ABS 3 to Diversion was just perfectly seamless.
AMTM updated
AB4 updated
How do I check if pixelserv-tls is up to date?

Sent from S.G. S9+ Duos

Migration from ABS 3 to Diversion was just perfectly seamless.
AMTM updated
AB4 updated
How do I check if pixelserv-tls is up to date?

Sent from S.G. S9+ Duos
You should see the version of pixelserv located on the Diversion main gui page (post #1).
v2.1.1 was an option to install during the Diversion setup. After the install, I simply ssh'd the test.4 code and updated. You could check which version is loaded by looking at the pixelserv stat page.

Last edited:
Thanks for diversion.
I chose Large blocking file, now facebook does not load correctly, I see only text on page, no design or pics. Which domain do I have to whitelist besides facebook.com and fbcdn.net?
Edit:
I think I figured it out with the help of logging. :)

Thanks for diversion.
I chose Large blocking file, now facebook does not load correctly, I see only text on page, no design or pics. Which domain do I have to whitelist besides facebook.com and fbcdn.net?
That is not going to work. Back your settings down. Don't use such a restrictive blocking file try standard (2) and add the + and try that to start with.

Updated from Ab-solution to Diversion, using automatic port of old settings. That went well, everything was working fine! THANKS @thelonelycoder!

But then... I decided to update pixelserv-tls from "2.0.1 RC4" to the "2.1.1" release on entware.

Now pixelserv won't run. Diversion menu correctly shows v2.1.1 now, and same IP I have always used (192.168.1.252, outside of dhcp range). Diversion declares success in starting pixelserv, but pixelserv isn't running and this is in system log:
Aug 26 15:44:43 admin: Started pixelserv-tls from /opt/bin/diversion.
Aug 26 22:44:43 pixelserv-tls[21376]: pixelserv-tls 2.1.1 (compiled: May 12 2018 06:33:51) options: <none>
Aug 26 22:44:43 pixelserv-tls[21376]: Listening on :*:443
Aug 26 22:44:43 pixelserv-tls[21376]: Abort: Address already in use - :*:80
Aug 26 15:44:44 rc_service: service 21375:notify_rc restart_dnsmasq

The time zone difference makes me think pixelserv isn't getting correct options passed.

Where did I go wrong, and how do I fix it?

******** EDIT --- PROBLEM RESOLVED *********
I resolved the problem by just running the Diversion installer again. I think the problem was with the /opt/etc/init.d/S80pixelserv-tls file. When I installed the newer pixelserv-tls after installing Diversion, the pixelserv-tls install created a default version of that file with no parameters. During the reinstallation of Diversion, that default file was replaced with a Diversion-supplied script that uses correct parameters from Diversion's settings. Everything starts/runs correctly now!

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!