What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I have Diversion w/ Pixelserv v2.1.1 installed. I see the posters here have Pixelserv v2.1.3-test4 installed which I think is a test version.

I would like to confirm v2.1.3-test4 is a test version, should I / why did the posters move to that version and how do I move to that version if I elext to do so?

Thank you.

Sorry, I see the Pixelserv thread in the forum which answers all my questions and will educate me better on Pixelserv.

RT-AC68U 384.7-alpha2

Last edited:
New version working very smooth, big fan of how you now manage jffs script files. Hopefully this can be pushed upstream to the main entware installer and save us all headaches in the future.

I tried upgrading from AB-Solution to Diversion but ran into some problems. I use ipset commands in a file /jffs/configs/dnsmasq.conf.add, along with /jffs/scripts/services-start and /jffs/scripts/nat-start to do domain-based routing over a couple of VPN connections.

I can't figure out exactly why but Diversion seems to restart dnsmasq in a way that bypasses what I've set up and so the routing over the VPNs stops working. I'm sure I must be missing something obvious but would sure appreciate any tips.

Woah. Was certainly not expecting this.

Div.jpg

87 with a fresh install of merlin 384.5

It is in some sorta download (which keeps failing) loop.

UPDATE: Tried reinstalling again. Worked on the third try. Yay. :)

Thank you for the update!

Having some trouble installing, The main menu does not have 'color' within the menu choices and the 'ep' menu option simply says [: bad number. Putty encoding set to UTF-8

Any recommendations before I wipe and fresh install?

running AC68U with 34E3j9527, DNS-TLS on, pixelserve-tls ...test, Skynet 6.3.3.

TIA

Having some trouble installing, The main menu does not have 'color' within the menu choices and the 'ep' menu option simply says [: bad number. Putty encoding set to UTF-8

TIA
Update AMTM itself by using the "u" command.

Update AMTM itself by using the "u" command.
Thanks...getting message: "/opt/bin/amtm: line 227: theme_local not found"
will probably reformat and reinstall fresh...

Thanks...getting message: "/opt/bin/amtm: line 227: theme_local not found"
will probably reformat and reinstall fresh...
That will work!!:D

I tried upgrading from AB-Solution to Diversion but ran into some problems. I use ipset commands in a file /jffs/configs/dnsmasq.conf.add, along with /jffs/scripts/services-start and /jffs/scripts/nat-start to do domain-based routing over a couple of VPN connections.

I can't figure out exactly why but Diversion seems to restart dnsmasq in a way that bypasses what I've set up and so the routing over the VPNs stops working. I'm sure I must be missing something obvious but would sure appreciate any tips.
While upgrading, the services-start file was removed to a folder called old-jffs_scripts on your device.
services-start is no longer used by Diversion. Copy your content from old-jffs_scripts into a new file. Make sure no AB code is copied over.

Woah. Was certainly not expecting this.

View attachment 14223

87 with a fresh install of merlin 384.5

It is in some sorta download (which keeps failing) loop.

UPDATE: Tried reinstalling again. Worked on the third try. Yay. :)
Server overload? Can't tell, maybe your ISP had a hiccup.

TIA
Before you do anything I'd like to see your diversion.conf file content. Use sf in Diversion to show it.

New version working very smooth, big fan of how you now manage jffs script files. Hopefully this can be pushed upstream to the main entware installer and save us all headaches in the future.
Thanks mate, appreciate your input.
In the past months this code and especially the way I detect the entware device and start its services has been working really great. I hope to push it upstream for Asuswrt-Merlin after some time.

Before you do anything I'd like to see your diversion.conf file content. Use sf in Diversion to show it.
Oops... already wiped and clean install.
Working fine, now. If it happens again I'll capture.

Updated. Everything working as expected at my end.
Good job and thanks @thelonelycoder

@thelonelycoder Congrats on the new build..been greatly looking forward this!

I had one question..where is the new location of the custom hosts file?.. (where we add addresses of additional hosts' lists we want to add)..

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!