What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Here I see ads in the header:
https://www.snbforums.com/forums/asuswrt-merlin.42/

But as soon as I click on a thread, they no longer show up. Also, those ads sometimes take a long time to show up.
On the other hand, seeing no ads is exactly what Diversion is supposed to do. Just not on this very website.

Right thats why I believe something is wrong, I get no ads on these forums or the popup asking to me to please disable the adblocker..

Thank you for all the hard work AND support you provide for Diversion and AB-Solution before that. Donation made!

hmmm

I have been changing the blocking file to small to medium to large and back to standard while we were chatting and now I'm see adds again on these forums..

Strange..

hmmm

I have been changing the blocking file to small to medium to large and back to standard while we were chatting and now I'm see adds again on these forums..

Strange..
Cached content is a pain in the butt when troubleshooting this issue.
Even Dnsmasq does it. Dnsmasq is restarted whenever you change a setting that involves it such as changing the blocking file, disable ad-blocking or logging and so on.
The cache is flushed when Dnsmasq restarts.
Your browser has also such a function and in Windows use ipconfig /flushdns to clear it.

hmmm

Strange..

When I have had some strangeness like this (and especially long page loads), I force an update to Diversion and it works again as it should (using Standard+ blocking). Mind you, I have only had to do this 1x per month for 2 months. I have seen nothing to indicate what the issue is, but I have precious little time as of late due to a "Death March" project and migraines.

Have you put it as Standard and added the + hosts?

I'll test without pixelserv for a few days to see if it continues.

But its strange, I cleared/formatted and re-installed countless times with same issues..
Only after I changed blocking files did the whitelist get passed through to my browser.

I'll test without pixelserv for a few days to see if it continues.

But its strange, I cleared/formatted and re-installed countless times with same issues..
Only after I changed blocking files did the whitelist get passed through to my browser.
I'm pretty sure the whitelist works just fine in Diversion. If not, please provide proof.

Yes I always added the + hosts after installing. but always choose the standard block list.

I'm pretty sure the whitelist works just fine in Diversion. If not, please provide proof.

Well its working now.

I never had these issues before, was only after I changed my USB key and reinstalled everything, I also started using Pixelserv after I changed the USB key, So I thought it was Pixelserv..
After a while of trying to fix I removed the Pixelserv to go back without it I started noticing no ads here like I had before.

Oh and just to add.. I always cleared brower cache and ran ipconfig /flushdns within windows cmd and rebooted router/windows after I re-installed everything..

Yes I always added the + hosts after installing. but always choose the standard block list.
You really only need the + Plus hosts if Skynet is installed.

Well its working now.

I never had these issues before, was only after I changed my USB key and reinstalled everything, I also started using Pixelserv after I changed the USB key, So I thought it was Pixelserv..
After a while of trying to fix I removed the Pixelserv to go back without it I started noticing no ads here like I had before.
Remember that Diversion creates a new set of certificates for pixelserv-tls if none are found during the installation. The new cert is not the same as you previously imported into your devices.

I always replace the auto-generated ones with my certs from ages ago. This way I never have to re-import it to devices.

Remember that Diversion creates a new set of certificates for pixelserv-tls if none are found during the installation. The new cert is not the same as you previously imported into your devices.

I always replace the auto-generated ones with my certs from ages ago. This way I never have to re-import it to devices.

I'll remember to do that.

You really only need the + Plus hosts if Skynet is installed.

If I install Skynet will it remove the the standard and just keep the + Plus hosts? or do I need to remove it?

If I install Skynet will it remove the the standard and just keep the + Plus hosts? or do I need to remove it?
The Plus hosts are in addition to the blocking file you have selected. They are separately added to the blocking file, and for both blocking file types if fs is enabled.
The request by Skynet is to outsource some of its blocked domains to cut down on false positives in Skynet. Diversion handles these much better.

The Plus hosts are in addition to the blocking file you have selected. They are separately added to the blocking file, and for both blocking file types if fs is enabled.
The request by Skynet is to outsource some of its blocked domains to cut down on false positives in Skynet. Diversion handles these much better.

oh ok thanks

When I installed Diversion I remember it asked me to set up the DHCP IP reservation pool to begin at 192.168.50.3 (for my RT-AC86U) so Diversion could use the 192.168.50.2.

After doing an IP scan of all my network devices tonight (using the Fling app), I came across this “-sso.anbtr.com” device with an IP of 192.168.50.2.

Anyone has any idea what this is about? Is this something related to Diversion since they share the same IP address?

Or could this be some sort of malware that somehow inserted itself in my USB thumb drive (that I use for Diversion) when I used one of those mini partition tools from the web to format it?

When I google “-sso.anbtr.com” comes up as a malware that I should uninstall.

When I look at client list in my AC86U this IP does not come up. Whereas when I use Fling, it keeps coming up.

Not sure how to further investigate this and/or whether I need to worry about this.

Would appreciate any suggestions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After doing an IP scan of all my network devices tonight (using the Fling app), I came across this “-sso.anbtr.com” device with an IP of 192.168.50.2.

Anyone has any idea what this is about? Is this something related to Diversion since they share the same IP address?
Stop worrying. Your blocking IP answers to any of the blocked/blacklisted/wildcard-blacklisted domains that you ping.
-sso.anbtr.com just happens to be at the top of the list of your blocking file.

Stop worrying. Your blocking IP answers to any of the blocked/blacklisted/wildcard-blacklisted domains that you ping.
-sso.anbtr.com just happens to be at the top of the list of your blocking file.

Whew!! That is what I was wondering....Thank you for confirming this and for this great program!

Marin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, I'm just wondering, how do I go about installing openssh-sftp-server from entware?

Also, when sending Notification email the ssl flag 5 is "--insecure". I assume this means my email is sent without ssl? How can I make it ssl enabled using outlook smtp?

By the way, the more I use Diversion the more amazed I am at how good it is. Watching it working in real time blocking ads (f in menu) is really great.

Last edited:
So, I'm just wondering, how do I go about installing openssh-sftp-server from entware?

Also, when sending Notification email the ssl flag 5 is "--insecure". I assume this means my email is sent without ssl? How can I make it ssl enabled using outlook smtp?

By the way, the more I use Diversion the more amazed I am at how good it is. Watching it working in real time blocking ads (f in menu) is really great.
In c edit email settings and remove the flag.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!