What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Can someone please post the "whitelist" fix for Amazon.com. That site keeps locking up/freezing on me when connected to my WiFi Network. I know someone said that it's mentioned somewhere here but there are 121 pages in this thread now and I would appreciate if it can be pointed out.

Thanks

On a scale of 1 - 10 (10 being mission impossible), how hard would be to expand Diversion to include the network blocking of YouTube ads? In my area, YouTube Premium isn't available yet but their ads certainly are and they're infuriating. :mad:

Google is in the business of making money...
What would be a really fascinating calculation is how much video gets added each day, say, just to YouTube, and how many new data-farm hard drives that equates to and thence to how many new data farms per year get built just for YouTube. When I get one of those irritating video ads that I have to endure for 5 seconds before Skip Ad works, I console myself by thinking the advertisers are paying for those data farms, not me. Unless they crack data storage at the atomic or sub-atomic level, I have a nightmare vision of the surface of the Earth eventually covered with buildings full of hard drives. Anyone good at cigarette-packet calculations of that nature? Maybe one of the 80 robots currently visiting the forum could do something useful,and work it out for us?

Last edited:
Google is in the business of making money...
How about we pool in to raise an incentive amount? I propose something along the line of a 10K (or more) goal. Whoever comes up with the solution gets it! :) That's how much these ads irritate me lol

YouTube Vanced is an ad free YouTube app. I use it stand alone on android devices and it works perfectly.

I don't know if it would work for any of your needs but it shows there is a way to block ads.

YouTube Vanced is an ad free YouTube app. I use it stand alone on android devices and it works perfectly.

Youtube ++ is an alternative for Youtube Vanced for iOS.Though it is not as successful as Youtube Vanced latest version it can offer reasonable value.

I don't know if it would work for any of your needs but it shows there is a way to block ads.[/QUOTE said:
There must be. When there's a will, there's a way! :)

amazon.ca is still broken (html/css/images are blocked) when using the standard blocking list:
AcwZlLP.jpg

amazon.ca is still broken (html/css/images are blocked) when using the standard blocking list:
AcwZlLP.jpg

You know you have the power to fix that, right? :)

Hint: whitelist. ;)

Reactions: #TY
Reactions: #TY
For iPhone, iPad or iPod users only:
A shortcut for the Shortcuts app is now available to install on your device.
Enjoy!

Please discuss and read the instructions here: iOS Shortcut for Diversion

On a scale of 1 - 10 (10 being mission impossible), how hard would be to expand Diversion to include the network blocking of YouTube ads? In my area, YouTube Premium isn't available yet but their ads certainly are and they're infuriating. :mad:

ublock Origin for Firefox and Chrome (desktop versions) blocks YT ads without any issues. It even works on Firefox for Android.

Just don't know where the problem is, I cannot install the Diversion. Keep on get these errors.

✔ Diversion directory structure created

at /opt/share/diversion

i Getting Diversion Lite files

from diversion.ch

✖ functions.div download failed

✖ write-config.div download failed

✖ write-

Just don't know where the problem is, I cannot install the Diversion. Keep on get these errors.

at /opt/share/diversion

from diversion.ch

✖ write-
Try to ping diversion.ch from the terminal.

at /opt/share/diversion

from diversion.ch

✖ write-

What router are you using this on?

What firmware version?

How is your USB drive configured and formatted? Did you use amtm to format it as Ext4 with journaling?

Did you create a swap file before you tried installing Diversion?

What other scripts do you have installed before you try to install Diversion?

Do you have Entware installed beforehand?

Hi,

I noticed that the pixelserv-tls is not running and am not able to activate it, I tried disabling and enabling, restarting, upgrading and updating it without luck, any ideas ?

Asus RT-AC86U with Asuswrt-Merlin 384.10_2 with amtm 1.9 with Diversion 4.0.8

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!