What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Yes it is. I will disable that to see if it fixes things. Thanks.

Edit: That was it. No way to have both? I had network.trr.mode set to 2. That was the issue. Good eye.
No, they are different implementations of DNS transport - to use the ubiquitous bad car analogy, it'd be like wanting both an automatic and a manual transmission in a car. Unless you live somewhere where DoH is advantageous because all normal DNS requests are being re-routed to another DNS server, you should stick with DoT. DoH is only useful if you need to masquerade DNS queries as normal web traffic to prevent re-routing, and is easily stopped upstream by simply black-holing the few servers such as cloudfare that support it.

No, they are different implementations of DNS transport - to use the ubiquitous bad car analogy, it'd be like wanting both an automatic and a manual transmission in a car.

Understood and that makes sense. That being said, I am old enough to remember the Hurst Oldsmobile 442 with a gate shifter, which was just that, but I digress. What a car that was.

Understood and that makes sense. That being said, I am old enough to remember the Hurst Oldsmobile 442 with a gate shifter, which was just that, but I digress. What a car that was.
That's why it's called the "bad car analogy". :)

Enter this into the terminal:
Code:
kill $(pidof diversion)
Thanks,
For some reason it takes up to 4-5 minutes for Diversions Menu to display.
Stays blank for some time.

I uninstalled, re-installed and all seems fine right now.

I had to reinstall Diversion and Skynet because I had to replace a bad usb drive. I installed AMTM and Diversion first. Diversion thought that Skynet was installed. There were a bunch of errors when it tried to combine lists. I then installed Skynet and ran Diversion again and it did not attempt to combine lists. What is the command to make that run again now that I have Skynet installed?

Change pixelserv-tls to log level 2 or above and check the syslog for all the slu related errors.

Hi Asad Ali, I followed your suggestion and saw a ton of SLU errors (~160,000) from my desktop going to google-analytics.com. No idea what was trying to call home - but I black holed www.google-analytics.com and google-analytics.com on that machine to see if that was the source of my problem. 24 hours later and CPU% is still normal. (of course, my gamer son just got home from work - so we'll have to see if there is anything on his machine).

Thanks for the help.

whitelist graph.instagram.com
This host is known for bombarding pixelserv-tls with slu errors.

I am seeing this exactly. Rather than whitelisting and letting the traffic through, how can I completely drop these requests?

I had to reinstall Diversion and Skynet because I had to replace a bad usb drive. I installed AMTM and Diversion first. Diversion thought that Skynet was installed. There were a bunch of errors when it tried to combine lists. I then installed Skynet and ran Diversion again and it did not attempt to combine lists. What is the command to make that run again now that I have Skynet installed?
It'll do that automatically when next updating the blocking list. You can also run it manually with bu.
Since you obviously did not format the jffs partition, Diversion found the Skynet files but skynet has its storage location on the USB device lost. Hence the errors you saw.

Hi lonelycoder

I got this in my log overnight - I checked whether logging had been turned off but it wasnt - all seems fine now.
Code:
Jun  6 02:05:46 RT-AC5300 Diversion: updated Medium+ (secondary) blocking list from 7 hosts files, 745365 domains are now blocked, from /opt/share/diversion/file/update-bl.div
Jun  6 02:05:48 RT-AC5300 Diversion: logging is disabled, cannot count ads, from /opt/bin/diversion
Jun  6 02:05:48 RT-AC5300 Diversion: reset dnsmasq log files (weekly cron job), from /opt/share/diversion/file/update-bl.div
Jun  6 03:00:00 RT-AC5300 uiDivStats: Diversion logging not enabled!
Jun  6 03:00:00 RT-AC5300 uiDivStats: Open Diversion and use option l to enable logging
Jun  6 04:00:00 RT-AC5300 uiDivStats: Diversion logging not enabled!
Jun  6 04:00:00 RT-AC5300 uiDivStats: Open Diversion and use option l to enable logging
Jun  6 05:00:00 RT-AC5300 uiDivStats: Diversion logging not enabled!
Jun  6 05:00:00 RT-AC5300 uiDivStats: Open Diversion and use option l to enable logging
Jun  6 06:00:00 RT-AC5300 uiDivStats: Diversion logging not enabled!
Jun  6 06:00:00 RT-AC5300 uiDivStats: Open Diversion and use option l to enable logging
Jun  6 07:00:00 RT-AC5300 uiDivStats: Diversion logging not enabled!
Jun  6 07:00:00 RT-AC5300 uiDivStats: Open Diversion and use option l to enable logging
Jun  6 08:00:00 RT-AC5300 uiDivStats: Diversion logging not enabled!
Jun  6 08:00:01 RT-AC5300 uiDivStats: Open Diversion and use option l to enable logging
Jun  6 09:00:01 RT-AC5300 uiDivStats: Diversion logging not enabled!
Jun  6 09:00:01 RT-AC5300 uiDivStats: Open Diversion and use option l to enable logging
Jun  6 09:52:48 RT-AC5300 Diversion: restarted Dnsmasq to apply settings, from /jffs/scripts/dnsmasq.postconf
Jun  6 09:53:01 RT-AC5300 Diversion: restarted Dnsmasq to apply settings, from /jffs/scripts/dnsmasq.postconf

Hi lonelycoder

I got this in my log overnight - I checked whether logging had been turned off but it wasnt - all seems fine now.
Code:
Jun  6 02:05:46 RT-AC5300 Diversion: updated Medium+ (secondary) blocking list from 7 hosts files, 745365 domains are now blocked, from /opt/share/diversion/file/update-bl.div
Jun  6 02:05:48 RT-AC5300 Diversion: logging is disabled, cannot count ads, from /opt/bin/diversion
Jun  6 02:05:48 RT-AC5300 Diversion: reset dnsmasq log files (weekly cron job), from /opt/share/diversion/file/update-bl.div
Jun  6 03:00:00 RT-AC5300 uiDivStats: Diversion logging not enabled!
Jun  6 03:00:00 RT-AC5300 uiDivStats: Open Diversion and use option l to enable logging
Jun  6 04:00:00 RT-AC5300 uiDivStats: Diversion logging not enabled!
Jun  6 04:00:00 RT-AC5300 uiDivStats: Open Diversion and use option l to enable logging
Jun  6 05:00:00 RT-AC5300 uiDivStats: Diversion logging not enabled!
Jun  6 05:00:00 RT-AC5300 uiDivStats: Open Diversion and use option l to enable logging
Jun  6 06:00:00 RT-AC5300 uiDivStats: Diversion logging not enabled!
Jun  6 06:00:00 RT-AC5300 uiDivStats: Open Diversion and use option l to enable logging
Jun  6 07:00:00 RT-AC5300 uiDivStats: Diversion logging not enabled!
Jun  6 07:00:00 RT-AC5300 uiDivStats: Open Diversion and use option l to enable logging
Jun  6 08:00:00 RT-AC5300 uiDivStats: Diversion logging not enabled!
Jun  6 08:00:01 RT-AC5300 uiDivStats: Open Diversion and use option l to enable logging
Jun  6 09:00:01 RT-AC5300 uiDivStats: Diversion logging not enabled!
Jun  6 09:00:01 RT-AC5300 uiDivStats: Open Diversion and use option l to enable logging
Jun  6 09:52:48 RT-AC5300 Diversion: restarted Dnsmasq to apply settings, from /jffs/scripts/dnsmasq.postconf
Jun  6 09:53:01 RT-AC5300 Diversion: restarted Dnsmasq to apply settings, from /jffs/scripts/dnsmasq.postconf
I'll keep that in mind. Can't find anything or anyone to blame.

Do you guys use the Standard or Medium list. Also do you have plus enabled?

Do you guys use the Standard or Medium list. Also do you have plus enabled?
Plus hosts work best together with Skynet and are the reason why they're there as an option.

I have a problem with the disk-check utility in amtm.
When it's doing a surface check on the 20th disk check it doesn't mount the USB disk anymore and I have to reboot the router one single time to get it mounted again.

Am I the only one who is having this problem?

Attachments

• Knipsel.PNG
    Knipsel.PNG
    315.9 KB · Views: 447
I have a problem with the disk-check utility in amtm.
When it's doing a surface check on the 20th disk check it doesn't mount the USB disk anymore and I have to reboot the router one single time to get it mounted again.

Am I the only one who is having this problem?
The routers Syslog will tell you why.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!