What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ok, so I believe I figured out part of the issue. It appears that the certificate is named "US" instead of Pixelserv. The date 7/27 is also when I originally created the certificate. Why is not showing with the name Pixelserv and should it be re-created? Or else why do I seem to be having the odd issues that others don't seem to?

wJKGFw7.jpg
Yeah, that's not going to work in the long-term. Better to start over and re-generate and re-import. In fact, a new pixelserv-tls release was just announced by the author. https://kazoo.ga/pixelserv-tls/

See the end of the Pixelserv thread as well.

It would complicate the stats function considerably if it would need to gather these additional data points.
OK. No worries. I just figured it'd be useful to know which clients are the slowest. Thanks anyway!

This struck me as odd, since I log my DHCP queries and haven't seen this problem in regular Diversion stats reports. So I went poking and it seems this particular stats compilation can be broken by DHCP requests in the log as well as dnsmasq log-extra being enabled since the client LAN IP appears in every line. Would it work for @thelonelycoder and @Jack Yaz to grep for only query lines?
Code:
/opt/bin/grep -a " query.* from $i$" $dnsmasqLog | awk '{print $(NF-2)}' |
Thanks mate, created pull request for uiDivStats, Diversion will follow with the next update.

@thelonelycoder Are you intending to replace the ep update to include the pixelserv 2.3.1 instead of Yaz's 2.3.0? Just curious about how I should approach this.
No, Entware will pick it up in due time.

@thelonelycoder ... would it be trivial to add a breakdown of stats by client? (Mainly to figure out TLS errors) Or is that more challenging to log than it seems on the surface?
darkstat may be of interest to you: https://unix4lyfe.org/darkstat/
Install it trough Entware, then use <router IP>:667 to access it.
Change /opt/etc/init.d/S54darkstat to the desired interface:
Code:
ARGS="-i ppp0 --chroot /opt/var/empty --syslog"
To:
ARGS="-i br0 --chroot /opt/var/empty --syslog"

I just noticed a short time ago that my LAN DHCP range was set to start at 192.168.1.2 instead of 192.168.1.3 to comply with pixelserv-tls requirements. I cannot say this is due to the 384.14 upgrade and underlying ASUS GPL changes, but can anyone else using Pixelserv with a custom starting address in DHCP confirm it hasn't reverted after the firmware upgrade?

I just noticed a short time ago that my LAN DHCP range was set to start at 192.168.1.2 instead of 192.168.1.3 to comply with pixelserv-tls requirements. I cannot say this is due to the 384.14 upgrade and underlying ASUS GPL changes, but can anyone else using Pixelserv with a custom starting address in DHCP confirm it hasn't reverted after the firmware upgrade?
Mine is still at 192.168.1.4 (I fudged plus one more for future unknowns) and I checked the screen captures I keep for configuring the router when needed. The ones on Asuswrt-Merlin 384.9 from March 2019 show the same 192.168.1.4.

Mine’s still on 3.

Mine is still on xxx.xxx.xx.3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So it looks like I must have blown past this pop-up when I reset my hostname after the upgrade (it was late). Thanks for the replies!

95E2C4D9-16B2-4482-8E57-99C3508453D3.jpeg

So it looks like I must have blown past this pop-up when I reset my hostname after the upgrade (it was late). Thanks for the replies!

View attachment 20316
Happened to me exactly as you describe above. I clicked OK without really thinking and then noticed after checking through it had happened. On my AX88U.

darkstat may be of interest to you: https://unix4lyfe.org/darkstat/
Install it trough Entware, then use <router IP>:667 to access it.
Change /opt/etc/init.d/S54darkstat to the desired interface:
Code:
ARGS="-i ppp0 --chroot /opt/var/empty --syslog"
To:
ARGS="-i br0 --chroot /opt/var/empty --syslog"
This is interesting. Be warned, if you are the inquisitive geek, it opens the door to a sinuous. deep rabbit hole! :p :oops:

Mine is still on xxx.xxx.xx.3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am using Option Lan Blocking IP with pixelserv-tls on RPI. (No real noticeable difference)
If any one is interested in trying out Lan blocking IP option, if you have a RPI with latest Rasbian( Debian 10) on it you can incorporate the latest pixelserv-tls 2.3.1 on it using instructions provided here:
https://github.com/jumpsmm7/pixelserv-tls_2.3.1-1_armhf.deb
As I will be trying to continuously maintain a Raspbian branch for Pixelserv-tls. An issue tracker is found here https://github.com/kvic-z/pixelserv-tls/issues/32 if any one tries it and wants to report issues.

I have ran Lan blocking IP option for over a month, first built with @jackyaz fork and now with 2.3.1 and have no issues to report.

Hi guys,

Complete novice with this methodology of adblocking, looking for some help with Diversion. I seem to have two separate issues:

1) Using custom DNS Servers (in WAN DNS Settings pane) seems to break the adblocking somewhat (some sites ads are blocked, some are still shown) despite following the instructions on the Diversion website for using Google's DNSs. Is this a known issue? Would like to be able to use a Google DNS but not a big deal if I can't.
2) When ads are blocked, as you can see in the attached picture (Capture.png), the banners are not hidden/1 pixel in size (or white space on mobile). Is there any way to fix this? I assume this is a pixelserv-tls issues so have attached its stats after a few minutes (Capture1) and nslookup results (Capture2).

Capture.PNG Capture1.PNG Capture2.PNG

Any help is much appreciated. Cheers.

Taylor

Hi guys,

Complete novice with this methodology of adblocking, looking for some help with Diversion. I seem to have two separate issues:

1) Using custom DNS Servers (in WAN DNS Settings pane) seems to break the adblocking somewhat (some sites ads are blocked, some are still shown) despite following the instructions on the Diversion website for using Google's DNSs. Is this a known issue? Would like to be able to use a Google DNS but not a big deal if I can't.
2) When ads are blocked, as you can see in the attached picture (Capture.png), the banners are not hidden/1 pixel in size (or white space on mobile). Is there any way to fix this? I assume this is a pixelserv-tls issues so have attached its stats after a few minutes (Capture1) and nslookup results (Capture2).

View attachment 20339 View attachment 20340 View attachment 20341

Any help is much appreciated. Cheers.

Taylor

Welcome to the forum!

Set the DNS of your choice, Google, Cleanbrowsing, Quad9, whatever. Set under Wan, (& IPv6 if applicable).
Or, via Dns privacy - DoT, use the preset/s of your choice.

Then go to,

LAN> DNS Filter > Enable dns based filtering. Global Filter Mode = Router. All Custom user defined dns fields set to ‘blank’.
This will ensure what you have set as Wan dns (or DoT) is enforced.

Pixelserv 2.3.0 set up detail here:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/diversion-the-router-ad-blocker.48538/page-186#post-516424

This should hopefully turn your router into an ad blocking machine!

Still getting ads on laptop but not on handset, i have ovpn running on my router and can access it remotley from both, diversion works on the handset but not on the laptop, both connected via ovpn, i have installed the crt many times in the correct location for local machine, any ideas why this is ? Tested using okla speedtest, loads of ads on it, when using my handset, no ads at all, when on the laptop all the Ad choices ads show

Welcome
This is Diversion - the Router Ad-Blocker for Asuswrt-Merlin

All install and update info are on the Diversion website.

November 16, 2019
Diversion 4.1.6 is now available
See the Diversion website or this post for the change log.

Diversion is free to use under the GNU General Public License version 3 (GPL-3.0).
If you like Diversion and find it useful, you can help it's further development with a donation.
Thank you!

Diversion is interactive. To start the Diversion UI after installation, use
Code:
diversion
For quick operation options without starting the UI, use
Code:
diversion help
to make yourself familiar with the available options.

UzOz9ZA.png
Welcome
This is Diversion - the Router Ad-Blocker for Asuswrt-Merlin

All install and update info are on the Diversion website.

November 16, 2019
Diversion 4.1.6 is now available
See the Diversion website or this post for the change log.

Diversion is free to use under the GNU General Public License version 3 (GPL-3.0).
If you like Diversion and find it useful, you can help it's further development with a donation.
Thank you!

Diversion is interactive. To start the Diversion UI after installation, use
Code:
diversion
For quick operation options without starting the UI, use
Code:
diversion help
to make yourself familiar with the available options.

UzOz9ZA.png
Hello,

I am tring to add many domains to the blacklist, is there a way to copy/paste a long list of domains to the blacklist or must all blacklist entries be done one by one?

Thanks,
bUk

Hello,

I am tring to add many domains to the blacklist, is there a way to copy/paste a long list of domains to the blacklist or must all blacklist entries be done one by one?

Thanks,
bUk
if you have Winscp and gpedit
or
if you ssh into the terminal and /cd to the blacklist location
you can always copy and paste the list straight to it, but then you have to access diversion menu and process the new list.
you can only add a thousand.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!